SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
chirodr2
chirodr2 is on a distinguished road

Default How Long Does It Take?

On February 1 I ordered from an upper East Tennessee dealer a cream white (with tan leather) Outlook XR AWD with all of the options except the rear DVD player. He told me that the order had been entered by the regional Saturn wrap and was given a priority one. As of today, after much prodding my dealer tells me that the order is status code 3000 which means that it has just been accepted by production control. I was told at the time of my purchase that delivery should be within 4-6 weeks.

Consequently I am wondering how long it has taken others to receive their special orders and if anyone has ordered a similar car near the same date of my order.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chirodr2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chirodr2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chirodr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
VMac
VMac is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How Long Does It Take?

I ordered an Outlook FWD XR on January 22nd in Charlotte, NC and I'm still waiting with no word from the dealer as to when. They told me 12 weeks initially and I thought they were exaggerating but I guess maybe not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VMac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VMac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
4time saturn fa
4time saturn fa is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

mine was also a special order....i believe it took about 4-6 weeks.....they were telling me over a month....but i think it took me just over a month!

Andrew!

2007XR outlook--FULLY loaded
2003 vue 3.0L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 4time saturn fa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 4time saturn fa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
4time saturn fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

I ordered an XR AWD on 12/12/06 and took delivery on 2/7/07.

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
Carlisle_Outlk
Carlisle_Outlk is on a distinguished road

I ordered a Diamond White XR AWD on January 14th. At the time of the order the dealer estimated 4 to 6 weeks, but honestly told me that I was their first Outlook order and they had no experience with how long it would actually take.
They called me two weeks ago and told me that the vehicle had been shipped and it would arrive at the dealership in one to two weeks. It's been almost nine weeks now and I'm still waiting...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Carlisle_Outlk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Carlisle_Outlk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Carlisle_Outlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
GoldenGopher
GoldenGopher is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

We ordered our Gold Mist Outlook XR AWD in the middle of January, we just took delivery of it March 14th. The dealer told us 8 weeks when we ordered it and it was actually 9 weeks. Well worth the wait. We are very pleased so far. didn't really want to expose our new car to Minnesota winter weather any to soon. Will wait until next year to test the AWD as winter is over here we hope.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GoldenGopher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GoldenGopher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GoldenGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #7
OlivetSpartan
OlivetSpartan is on a distinguished road

Charcoal XE w/towing. Ordered Jan 26. Ready for pickup March 7. Picked up March 10. (Dealership less than 10 miles from Plant)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OlivetSpartan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OlivetSpartan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OlivetSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #8
gharter
gharter is on a distinguished road

My Outlook XR FWD - Silver Pearl, Black leather with everything except DVD was ordered on January 17 and arrived in Dayton, Ohio on March 9th.

I hope you don't mind me venting, but I need the therapy....It is now March 16th and I still don't have the vehicle. I've seen it and touched it but I can't take it off the lot. The fault is not Saturn's. It's a company vehicle for me that is ordered by our fleet leasing company, LeasePlan. I've called LeasePlan daily and the dealer has bugged them as well. They just need to process payment and paperwork and get it to the dealer.

We've done it before and it's been a breeze but I don't know what's the problem. They say that this is their busy season and they have over 800 vehicles to process. I told them that my business has busy seasons too, but I make plans to deal with it so that the customer's don't suffer.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to vent. Maybe I'll take a bucket of soap and water to the dealer this weekend and wash it to make me feel better.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gharter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gharter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gharter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
QuinneyZoo1
QuinneyZoo1 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I ordered an Outlook XR AWD with Convenience Pkg, Enhanced Conv Pkg, Premium Trim Pkg and Trailering Pkg on December 30th and picked it up on February 6th. When I ordered it I was told to expect 8-10 weeks and figured it would take that long, but luckily it didn't.

2007 Outlook XR AWD
Midnight Blue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to QuinneyZoo1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help QuinneyZoo1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
QuinneyZoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #10
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGopher View Post
We ordered our Gold Mist Outlook XR AWD in the middle of January, we just took delivery of it March 14th. The dealer told us 8 weeks when we ordered it and it was actually 9 weeks. Well worth the wait. We are very pleased so far. didn't really want to expose our new car to Minnesota winter weather any to soon. Will wait until next year to test the AWD as winter is over here we hope.
You're from Plymouth, Minnesota, eh? We lived in Maple Grove until 18 months ago. Now we're in PA.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #11
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'm from Dallas, but my car is covered with Minnesota dirt! At least until I get it detailed in the morning.

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #12
chirodr2

Thanks all. Still waiting. Was told 2/17 that the order has been "sequenced for production". This makes going on week 7 since the order.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help chirodr2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #13
beenglish
beenglish is on a distinguished road

Ordered our Outlook XR FWD Cream White w/ leather on Jan. 24, 2007 and it arrived on March 9, 2007 exactly 6 weeks and 1 day after ordering. It is so worth the wait. We Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beenglish's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beenglish reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
amyers
amyers is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

usually 6 -8 weeks as long as there are no equipment restraints. The dealership has absolutely no control over how long it takes. (unless, they screw up and don't place the order)

some choose to set expectations that are too high (i.e. overpromise)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to amyers's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help amyers reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
amyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #15
chirodr2

Well I'm in to week 8 and still no Outlook. My dealer told me Monday that they could not find the production status and would contact the Saturn rep. As of today(Wednesday) no return phone call or info. If this is typical of Saturn I'm not sure I still want one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #16
QuinneyZoo1
QuinneyZoo1 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

This is definitely not typical of Saturn. I am sorry for your problems.

Lynn

2007 Outlook XR AWD
Midnight Blue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to QuinneyZoo1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help QuinneyZoo1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
QuinneyZoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:37 PM   #17
outlook7j100001
outlook7j100001 is on a distinguished road

chirodr2...check your private message folder on this forum.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to outlook7j100001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help outlook7j100001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
outlook7j100001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:26 PM   #18
BrightOutlook
BrightOutlook is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2001 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirodr2 View Post
Well I'm in to week 8 and still no Outlook. My dealer told me ... no return phone call or info. If this is typical of Saturn I'm not sure I still want one.
Keep the faith! It is Well Worth the Wait to get exactly the Outlook you want, with no dealer last-minute bogus add-ons. Besides, when yours does come, it will have been made perfect without the recalls/bulletins that applied to some of the earlier-production vehicles. What options are you getting? What ext/int colors? Take the remaining days as an opportunity to ask other saturnfans any questions you may have about the Outlook (this group as a whole knows a LOT more about the Saturn Outlook than most dealers, the 800 line, or especially the "online chat assistants" on the saturn.com website!)

Mine in Ocean Mist took longer than average, almost 9 weeks (61 days), with about 3 of those "in transit," but I was prepared to have it take up to 12. Now that it is here, I've put more "just for fun" miles on it in 3 days than I'd driven in any other car for many years.

Your dealer should be able to tell you your VIN. If so, you can go ahead and check for sure whether it's clear of known issues, so you can be sure when it arrives that those are not a concern, or that they get taken care of before you take delivery. See http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=14

Have Patience. Your new Outlook is WORTH THE WAIT!

2007 Outlook XR FWD
Ocean Mist / Grey Int
Enhanced Convenience Pkg / HID

Over 5,000 miles already! Awesome ride. Love it!

Gorgeous! Gutsy! Glorious!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BrightOutlook's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BrightOutlook reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BrightOutlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #19
zielinab
zielinab is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightOutlook View Post
Mine in Ocean Mist took longer than average, almost 9 weeks (61 days), with about 3 of those "in transit," but I was prepared to have it take up to 12. Now that it is here, I've put more "just for fun" miles on it in 3 days than I'd driven in any other car for many years.
Not to hijack the thread, but would you mind posting some pictures of your Ocean Mist? That's the one color we haven't seen yet in person, and was our first choice of color (though it may be bumped off by Cocoa...) I think some of the early publicity photos were done in Ocean Mist, but some real world shots would be nice too.

Thanks!

Oh, and back on topic I guess: As to the original poster's experience- no that's not typical of Saturn. I think some of it can be chalked up to it being a brand new model. The Outlook will be our third Saturn, and the only reason we're not in a Saturn now is because we outgrew the previous two (SL2, LW2) and they didn't have anything big enough till now. Nothing but good things to say about the "Saturn Experience".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zielinab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zielinab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zielinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:13 PM   #20
VMac
VMac is on a distinguished road

I posted above on 3/15/07:
I ordered an Outlook FWD XR on January 22nd in Charlotte, NC and I'm still waiting with no word from the dealer as to when. They told me 12 weeks initially and I thought they were exaggerating but I guess maybe not.

3/31/07 the status is unchanged.
68 days and not a peep from the dealer on the status. I could call them but I'm testing to see if they really do try to delight the customers more than other dealers. I'm unable to detect any discernible difference, Saturn seems to be the same as the other domestic car dealers. Disappointing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VMac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VMac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VMac is offline   Reply With Quote