SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
4time saturn fa
4time saturn fa is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default recalls...

just FYI.....i took my outlook to get mudfaps,.....they told me about the recall with the tranny.....but they ALSO told me about a recall for the memory seat and 1 other small item that i cant remember

Andrew!

2007XR outlook--FULLY loaded
2003 vue 3.0L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 4time saturn fa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 4time saturn fa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
4time saturn fa is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
USN78
USN78 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: recalls...

Recall for the memory seat? Thats new to me. Is it just the seat or the mirrors involved as well? Come to think of it my wife has said to me a couple of times that when she selects her memory seat (1), her seat adjusts but on occasions her mirrors did not. I thought it was operator error on her part and have been monitoring it. I just got my transmission update done Friday and they said nothing about a memory seat recall. Do you have any paperwork from the dealer that might be of some help? Keep me posted.........

---
07 Outlook XR AWD Silver Pearl
Black Leather w/ Capt. Chairs
Convenience
Enhanced Convenience
Touring/Trailoring
Advanced Audio w/ XM/DVD
Dual Sunroof's/HIDs
---
03 L300 Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to USN78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help USN78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
USN78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #3
morpheus2969
morpheus2969 is on a distinguished road

I just got mine out of service for the TCM upgrade. The second recall is Campaign # 07073 Memory seat/Liftgate switch. I don't have memory seats so I assume the fix on my vehicle was for the power liftgate. There is another item on my service invoice that is on order - Special Ordered lube for Steering.

"I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." - The Matrix Reloaded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to morpheus2969's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help morpheus2969 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
morpheus2969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
Gwenzilla
Gwenzilla is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.5L

Just a quick question regarding recalls.... are you all having this recall service done when you go in for regular service, or are you just scheduling a service date just to do recall work?
When I called Saturn recall line to see which recalls were for my VIN they said they were mailing out notices already. I am getting nervous because I have not received anything, and my oil service has around 89% remaining so it will be a good while before my first service date. When I called they inferred that I should wait for the notice or my first oil service. With all these recalls popping up I'm edgy that when I take mine in eventually that I'll be waiting forever in the service lounge (which I don't mind as long as there are donuts available !!).

So how about y'all help me out with some guidance here.

Saturn family stable:
- 2007 Outlook - AKA "Lambchop"
- 2003 Vue
- 2006 Ion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gwenzilla's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gwenzilla reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gwenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:04 AM   #5
WopOnTour
Advanced Member
WopOnTour will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4time saturn fa View Post
just FYI.....i took my outlook to get mudfaps,.....they told me about the recall with the tranny.....but they ALSO told me about a recall for the memory seat and 1 other small item that i cant remember
I believe you might be confusing what you were told or at the very least, the terms being used may need to be clarified .
Rule #1
A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) is NOT a recall.
"Recalls" are called "Campaigns" by GM

Campaigns will absolutely affect ALL vehicles as outlined by the "Affected Vehicles" heading of the official notice. This may range from ALL vehicles of a particular platform, in a particular model year or range of years- (e.g. all 2007 Outlook AND Acadia) to a handful of specific vehicles based on VIN breakpoints. (e.g. Only Acadia models from 7J100107 to 7J100207- 100 units)
In short if you get a letter in the mail the campaign applies to your vehicle, if you didn't get a letter it probably does not- however you can provide the last 8 digits of your VIN to your dealer and they can electronically check to see if they recall applies, has been completed, or is still outstanding.

In the event of a campaign (recall) the owner of record will get an official notice to have the dealership complete the campaign. If you are bringing you vehicle to your dealership for almost ANY reason, ANY recalls/campaigns SHOULD and very likely WILL be completed.

There is no "recall" relating to ANYTHING about the seats. (there are numerous TSBs though)

TSB= Technical Service Bulletin
TSBs are technical assistance bulletins used to help the technician in rectifying certain issues, should these complaints arise. They will not necessarily affect all vehicles, and even if you have a complaint that aligns perfectly with a TSB- they are not necessarily utilized to rectify the concern. Which brings us back to Rule #1-
A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) is NOT a recall

HTH
WopOnTour

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WopOnTour's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WopOnTour reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WopOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #6
WopOnTour
Advanced Member
WopOnTour will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenzilla View Post
Just a quick question regarding recalls.... are you all having this recall service done when you go in for regular service, or are you just scheduling a service date just to do recall work?
When I called Saturn recall line to see which recalls were for my VIN they said they were mailing out notices already. I am getting nervous because I have not received anything, and my oil service has around 89% remaining so it will be a good while before my first service date. When I called they inferred that I should wait for the notice or my first oil service. With all these recalls popping up I'm edgy that when I take mine in eventually that I'll be waiting forever in the service lounge (which I don't mind as long as there are donuts available !!).

So how about y'all help me out with some guidance here.
Assuming you have not received a letter-If you call them with the last 8 digit of your serial number they should be able to "punch it up" tell you if there are any outstanding "campaigns" (aka recalls) on your Outlook.
If there are YOU SHOULD GET IT COMPLETED AS SOON AS YOU CAN!

Some recalls are safety related (like the airbag reprogramming on the Outlook/Acadia) and NOBODY should be telling you that it's acceptable to wait until your first service visit!

However it's possible the campaign has already been completed, but that wll be apparent to anyone that runs your VIN.
HTH
Regards
WOT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WopOnTour's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WopOnTour reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WopOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote