SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
emfjsullivan
emfjsullivan is on a distinguished road

Default '06 Vue Front Door Trim Panel removal ?

I'm trying to install speakers into the front doors of and '06 Vue. I have the shop manual which says to remove the trim panel fasteners located at the bottom of the door but when I got to that step, there were no bolts or screws or visible fasteners at the bottom of the door. I have all the other screws/pings removed except for the bottom.

Before I start prying the bottom of the trim up w/ a screw driver, how exactly is the bottom of the trim fastened to the door and is prying w/ a screwdriver the way to get the trim off?

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emfjsullivan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emfjsullivan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emfjsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to all

Default Re: '06 Vue Front Door Trim Panel removal ?

Welcome to the Board.

Remove the inner door release handle. One screw and then relase the rods.
Remove the triangular trim piece on the inside by the mirror. Clipped in place pry off.
Remove the screw behind it.
Remove the two push pins on the rear edge of the door panel.
Remove the inside door pull handle cover by prying at the hold in tab at the bottom of the cover.
Remove the two hold on screws that this uncovers.
Remove the screw at the front bottom corner of the panel, by the speaker grill.
Pull up on the door panel to disengage the panel from the hooks that hold it on the door frame.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Thanks ssicarman, I was getting ready to crack open the manual to give him some direction...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 7 Beta 7

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
burgeke
burgeke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
Remove the inner door release handle. One screw and then relase the rods.
Be careful with the small screw cover if the 06 is like the 04. I found out the hard way they are $6 a pop. Of course, a tad bit of silicon did the trick to hold it in place But in all seriousness, in cold weather they can be brittle...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burgeke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burgeke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burgeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
joetc1116
joetc1116 is on a distinguished road

Was wondering if ya'll could help me. I am trying to follow the steps listed above, but I do not know where the inner door release handle is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Joey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joetc1116's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joetc1116 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joetc1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Then how, pray tell, do you exit the vehicle when you're sitting in the driver's seat?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
jaw1964
jaw1964 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

I am getting ready to do the same. Is there a place online to get an illustration of this procedure? I have ordered the factory manual, but it won't be here for a while.

Just getting started with modifying my '06. Stereo and Horn are the most important right now. Horn is positively anemic. The Tuner/Receiver is poor, but a good set of speakers should make a difference. I have a Big Boy from Wolo coming next week to replace/augment the kiddie horn in it now. Shy of Painting it Day-Glo Orange, a horn is my best defense against the self-absorbed Cell-phone addict.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaw1964's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaw1964 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jaw1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
Bismarck318
Advanced Member
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L

That inner door piece a one piece unit (Black/Lt Grey) or does it seperate at that point?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote