SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default End of an Era

For the last few months I’ve been thinking about getting an ’07 VUE - even though I haven’t finished paying for our ’03. The reasons for this are:
1) the re-design (not too thrilled with the new look),
2) the discontinuation of the polymer body panels (big mistake imho), and
3) the move to Mexico (this is a disgrace!).
A few weeks ago I read they were ending production of the ‘07s in March – and it’s too late to place an order. A couple weeks ago I saw the 0% financing offer. That did it! I started searching for a VUE that suited my fancy (FWD, V6, Side Curtain Airbags, Storm Grey). I went to the Saturn website and went through the “Build your own” steps and proceeded to “Locate your vehicle”.
The best match was 250 miles away. We drove it home today. Love it! We now have ‘his’ and ‘her’ VUE’s. Unfortunately, the wife got the new one!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: End of an Era

Congrats! I'm mean to your wife....*giggle*
Seems like all the new VUE additions in the family go to the wife...is this an american thing? Note to self...move south....

'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mellissam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mellissam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
gstien
gstien is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

We bought the Vue back in October of last year.
Simply because we wanted a bit more room for traveling (which we don't do more than a few times a year and it's to the inlaws 12hrs away).
And because I needed more than 1 powerpoint for the plug in cooler
(use it to keep the dog's insulin cold during the trip otherwise it goes bad).
And because I got the Vue, with the 6, the side curtain ab's, the chrome package, leather, and xm, for $73 more than my current car's payment.
My wife DID NOT get the Vue.
Not everything works out that way Melissa. LOL
I had the previous new car, and the current one, while my wife has a 7yr old Neon.
Now, she's stuck with that until we pay off the Vue.
If....IF I get the job I applied for (which I'm qualified for and I have seniority), we can pay off her debt (owes a bit on CC), then pay off the Vue, THEN she can get another car.
She wanted a Sky, until she sat in one, now it's a G35(?) coupe.
I might add that "pigpen's" car fits her name.
My car is 5 months old, and still smells new.
I clean it religiously each week, inside and out.
I also clean her car each week, as a challenge!
As for the end of the era, I agree.
Funny, my last car had this happen too.
It was a Subaru Baja.
Congrats on the new Vue btw!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gstien's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gstien reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Sorry to hear you had to drive so far to get your new VUE! Congratulations on your purchase. I personally like the 06-07 VUE's. I'm not crazy about the chrome package. You'll love the L66 engine, it's a sweetheart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazberry View Post
For the last few months I’ve been thinking about getting an ’07 VUE - even though I haven’t finished paying for our ’03. The reasons for this are:
1) the re-design (not too thrilled with the new look),
2) the discontinuation of the polymer body panels (big mistake imho), and
3) the move to Mexico (this is a disgrace!).
A few weeks ago I read they were ending production of the ‘07s in March – and it’s too late to place an order. A couple weeks ago I saw the 0% financing offer. That did it! I started searching for a VUE that suited my fancy (FWD, V6, Side Curtain Airbags, Storm Grey). I went to the Saturn website and went through the “Build your own” steps and proceeded to “Locate your vehicle”.
The best match was 250 miles away. We drove it home today. Love it! We now have ‘his’ and ‘her’ VUE’s. Unfortunately, the wife got the new one!

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstien View Post
My car is 5 months old, and still smells new.
I clean it religiously each week, inside and out.
I also clean her car each week, as a challenge!
As for the end of the era, I agree.
Funny, my last car had this happen too.
It was a Subaru Baja.
Congrats on the new Vue btw!
What color is your VUE? I love the Onyx Black, but it takes a lot of work keeping it clean...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Sorry to hear you had to drive so far to get your new VUE! Congratulations on your purchase. I personally like the 06-07 VUE's. I'm not crazy about the chrome package. You'll love the L66 engine, it's a sweetheart!
Thanks! Actually, the drive was no problem - the dealer was right near my daughter - we make the drive all the time. The car had all my "must haves" plus a few things I could have done w/o - e.g. chrome pkg, comfort pkg,
OnStar. But the one thing I really don't care for is the token bits of wood trim. I just don't think wood belongs on a car - what is that, something left over from 'horse and buggy' days? Is that 'standard' or part of an upgrade? Re: L66 - I hope it's as easy to change the oil as my '03.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazberry View Post
But the one thing I really don't care for is the token bits of wood trim. I just don't think wood belongs on a car - what is that, something left over from 'horse and buggy' days? Is that 'standard' or part of an upgrade?
I think a LOT of people are with you on that front. It wouldn't even be THAT bad if it was actually wood. Instead, it's a stamped piece of plastic with a decal of wood pasted on it. That just exudes "cheesy" for me, especially when the "lower end" models get the same parts finished in a clean brushed aluminum finish. So GM has doubled their part count for the same bits and has made their "higher level trim" interiors look silly all in one swell foop. Bravo GM! In the unlikely event that we decide to keep our VUE, I will definitely upgrade to the brushed aluminum bits.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
NueSaturnVue
NueSaturnVue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Moving the Vue production line to Mexico?!!?!?

But that's wrong! OMG!!!!!

I hope I can get in one after all the insurance junk clears before Santa Ana gets non-Tennesee Vues...*sigh*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NueSaturnVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NueSaturnVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NueSaturnVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #9
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

[QUOTE=NueSaturnVue;1012775]Moving the Vue production line to Mexico?!!?!?

Yep - going to the Ramos Arizpe, Mexico plant. I have to wonder if this would have happened if the UAW hadn't gotten into Spring Hill? The good old days when we had those 'feel good' Saturn 'Homecomings' are becoming just a faded memory.
http://news.windingroad.com/auto-new...spy-shots-yet/
Supposedly the Spring Hill closing is only temporary. After some modernization they will be building Chevys.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #10
NueSaturnVue
NueSaturnVue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

EWWW that car is ugly!!! That thing is ....so not a Vue.
OMG I gotta get into an '07 before they put those ugly things out.....
One of the reasons I liked Saturn cos it was different, now it's like run of the mill like all the other GM family companies.

[QUOTE=Chazberry;1012837]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NueSaturnVue View Post
Moving the Vue production line to Mexico?!!?!?

Yep - going to the Ramos Arizpe, Mexico plant. I have to wonder if this would have happened if the UAW hadn't gotten into Spring Hill? The good old days when we had those 'feel good' Saturn 'Homecomings' are becoming just a faded memory.
http://news.windingroad.com/auto-new...spy-shots-yet/
Supposedly the Spring Hill closing is only temporary. After some modernization they will be building Chevys.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NueSaturnVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NueSaturnVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NueSaturnVue is offline   Reply With Quote