SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
hess
hess is on a distinguished road

Default Employee pricing

My mother is a retired GM employee-I was wondering what kind of GM employee discounts I could expect with a new Outlook or Acadia.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hess's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hess reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hess is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Employee pricing

You should be entitled to GMS pricing because of your mother's past employment, which is the lowest set price on a GM vehicle, usually quite a bit below invoice. This can be looked up for every GM vehicle EXCEPT Saturn, even though it's on their dealer invoices.

It's a set discounted price, and pretty much the lowest you can get a new GM vehicle for, just tell the dealer you're eligible and it's a no haggle deal, and they can just look up the GMS price right on any vehicle invoice.

For the GMC Acadia and any other GM vehicle, you can find it right on a GM website. Go to:

http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com

and from the drop down menu either build a vehicle or search inventory for one, and you'll see both the MSRP and then the cut GMS price.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
zielinab
zielinab is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach109 View Post
You should be entitled to GMS pricing because of your mother's past employment, which is the lowest set price on a GM vehicle, usually quite a bit below invoice. This can be looked up for every GM vehicle EXCEPT Saturn, even though it's on their dealer invoices.

It's a set discounted price, and pretty much the lowest you can get a new GM vehicle for, just tell the dealer you're eligible and it's a no haggle deal, and they can just look up the GMS price right on any vehicle invoice.

For the GMC Acadia and any other GM vehicle, you can find it right on a GM website. Go to:

http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com

and from the drop down menu either build a vehicle or search inventory for one, and you'll see both the MSRP and then the cut GMS price.
I sent that to hess in a PM, I guess I should have just posted it on here. You're correct, except that they FINALLY put Saturn GMS pricing info into the GMFF version of buypower.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zielinab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zielinab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zielinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
hess

Thanks!! I have been to the site before-I didn't know which pages to go to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hess's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hess reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
beach109
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hess View Post
Thanks!! I have been to the site before-I didn't know which pages to go to.
Yep. The only bug is that you can't get any data on Saturn, aside from invoice on some sites, but any dealer should willingly oblige when they know you're eligible.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
zielinab

2008 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach109 View Post
Yep. The only bug is that you can't get any data on Saturn, aside from invoice on some sites, but any dealer should willingly oblige when they know you're eligible.
Didn't you read my post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zielinab View Post
I sent that to hess in a PM, I guess I should have just posted it on here. You're correct, except that they FINALLY put Saturn GMS pricing info into the GMFF version of buypower.
They do have GMS (and supplier) pricing for Saturn available through the specific versions of BuyPower.

For example, pricing on the specific configuration I'm looking at (AWD XR with everything except Touring, XM, Nav, and Captains chairs:
MSRP $39330.00
GMS $36093.83
Supplier $37711.30

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help zielinab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
VMac
VMac is on a distinguished road

I ordered an Outlook XR on January 22nd using the GM retiree employee pricing authorization.

The base price of the car is discounted 7.99% from MSRP and the options are discounted 10% from MSRP.

It works out to approximately 2.64% below dealer invoice for the base car and 3.25% below dealer invoice for the options.

Good deal with no negotiations necessary.
Good luck.
VMac

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VMac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VMac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
PontiacLvr
PontiacLvr is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L

I get the supplier discount thru my work, yet i was told when i bought my new vue last october that , i could not use it, that the car price was the car price , what gives do not all dealers honor the supplier discount >

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PontiacLvr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PontiacLvr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PontiacLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
beach109
Advanced Member

Quote:
Didn't you read my post?
No, I must have missed it...what section is it on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacLvr View Post
I get the supplier discount thru my work, yet i was told when i bought my new vue last october that , i could not use it, that the car price was the car price , what gives do not all dealers honor the supplier discount >
A very select few don't, but for the most part it's hard to find a dealer that doesn't...at least if it's for a non overly hot vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #10
gabegriffin
gabegriffin is on a distinguished road

On a $28694 OL XE, GMS is about a $2170 benefit (Saturn doesn't discount ).
You are also entitled to a $75 cap on the doc fee....hmmm, entitled isn't accurate, because like the SKY or a new 'Vette the dealer does not have to sell the vehicle at GMS pricing. There is only 1 retailer in the Atlanta DMA out of 9 not selling OL's at GMS for eligble guests.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gabegriffin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gabegriffin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gabegriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #11
skydrive
skydrive is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY

So what kind of GMS lease payments can one expect at the moment on Outlooks....say, no money down?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skydrive's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skydrive reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #12
zielinab

2008 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabegriffin View Post
You are also entitled to a $75 cap on the doc fee....hmmm, entitled isn't accurate, because like the SKY or a new 'Vette the dealer does not have to sell the vehicle at GMS pricing. There is only 1 retailer in the Atlanta DMA out of 9 not selling OL's at GMS for eligble guests.
You're the second person I've heard mention a cap on doc fees for GMS sales. Do you have a link or a source that can verify that? I would be EXTREMELY happy to have something to prove that to my retailer, as they have taken to charging $398 doc fees lately. That REALLY ticks me off. Every time I call them out on how stupid that is, and that there must be a way to take it off, they say "hey even if I bought a car here I'd have to pay it".

I'll have to double check with a friend of the family that bought a VUE on a GMS sale from the same retailer about 6 months ago, and see if they charged her the full $398.

Documentation fee my a**. That ranks right up there (actually even higher on my s*** list) with the pinstripes, "paint protectant", window etching, etc that they tack on before it even rolls off the carrier.

Tony Z

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #13
zielinab

2008 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydrive View Post
So what kind of GMS lease payments can one expect at the moment on Outlooks....say, no money down?
I'm still trying to figure that out myself. I got the residual and money factor for one I was trying to compute, but it's complicated. I think I'm going to have to sit down with the finance manager at the retailer and figure it out.

I don't think there are any particular "deals" going on right now, so all the GMS would do is change the "agreed selling price" which is one of many variables in the formula.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #14
skydrive

2008 SKY

Quote:
Documentation fee my a**. That ranks right up there (actually even higher on my s*** list) with the pinstripes, "paint protectant", window etching, etc that they tack on before it even rolls off the carrier.
I tend to agree but there is a way around it that at least makes it look less like an additional upfront cost. When they quote prices/payments to the customer, they are best to include that fixed doc fee. Last fall we leased a 2007 Rendezvous and we were ready to sign and there's this nearly $500 doc fee we weren't expecting. The salesman explained that it's in all leases and that some dealers quote the payments with that included and some keep it separate to be payed up front. I think not including it in the payment/price quote makes it look more like an erroneous extra charge at signing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help skydrive reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #15
gabegriffin
gabegriffin is on a distinguished road

On the above mentioned OL, $405 X 36 NOT INCLUDING TAX OR FEES!! That's just GMS, w/ a 6.9% rate, a 60% residual at 15k per year. Taxes and fees vary so much it makes it impossible to nationally advertise payments that are accurate within a $30-$50 range. The document outlining GMS comes out annually with any updates or modifications, I'd have to dig a little, but I'm sure I could find it. I'm a GSM at a Saturn facility in Atlanta, and while many retailers look down their nose at GMS business (we genuinely don't make much on GMS) I actively solicite GMS business. Many GM employees are tough to deal with, I think in part from dealing with Chevy/Pontiac/Buick/GMC/etc. so when they get to Saturn....we bear the brunt from poor treatment at the other divisions. No fault of the customer...they're just looking out for their hard earned dollars. Hope this post helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gabegriffin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gabegriffin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gabegriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:57 PM   #16
skydrive

2008 SKY

Quote:
On the above mentioned OL, $405 X 36 NOT INCLUDING TAX OR FEES!! That's just GMS, w/ a 6.9% rate, a 60% residual at 15k per year. Taxes and fees vary so much it makes it impossible to nationally advertise payments that are accurate within a $30-$50 range. The document outlining GMS comes out annually with any updates or modifications, I'd have to dig a little, but I'm sure I could find it. I'm a GSM at a Saturn facility in Atlanta, and while many retailers look down their nose at GMS business (we genuinely don't make much on GMS) I actively solicite GMS business. Many GM employees are tough to deal with, I think in part from dealing with Chevy/Pontiac/Buick/GMC/etc. so when they get to Saturn....we bear the brunt from poor treatment at the other divisions. No fault of the customer...they're just looking out for their hard earned dollars. Hope this post helps.

Thanks a lot for the info. It's good that you welcome and pursue GMS business. Selling to a GM employee, even with reduced profit, is better than not selling at all!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #17
hess

I just went to Saturn and the salesperson did tell me that I would not have to pay the fees with the employee discount-tax title & fees were listed on the same section. I could have been told wrong info-as I seemed to know more about the car than the salesperson.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hess's Reputation
Old 04-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #18
myblubu
myblubu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Your're right. Doc Fee capped at $75. Here's a quote from the latest rules and regulations:

“Effective September 1, 2004, dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 in documentary fees on each delivery to an elgible purchaser under the terms of these programs, unless otherwise provide by state or local laws or regulations. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws and regulations.”

I'm an employee and have been quoted a doc fee of $250 by one Saturn dealer! I just left a deposit on an Outlook yesterday and my dealer charges the $75 doc fee on GMS - I tried to talk them out of it, but they said that they HAD TO charge it (I knew that was untrue as I have bought many cars and have never been charged a Doc Fee in the past - I figured that since they 'could' charge it, they would). When I questioned further, I was told that it was a state law that they HAD TO charge it! At this point I KNEW they were lying. Anyway, the rules state that they are "permitted" to assess the fee, they don't HAVE to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to myblubu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help myblubu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
myblubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #19
BrightOutlook
BrightOutlook is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2001 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Default Say NO to doc fees, etc. Re: Employee pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblubu View Post
I'm an employee and have been quoted a doc fee of $250 by one Saturn dealer!
WARNING--Long Story...

It may be possible to get around a doc fee:

Our local dealership charges everybody $300, won't negotiate off sticker, plus they add well over $1000 in pinstripes, tire warranties, wax or whatever, to every car they sell off their lot. Besides, they were very late in getting an Outlook in for a test drive (they also told us there were not any available in our whole state for a test drive--Not True).

So I decided that I was willing to go 200 miles or so to find a Saturn dealer who would negotiate the price, waive the "doc fee," or whatever, to get the best price I could find. Since I wanted to order the Outlook XR anyhow, to get exactly the option I wanted (memory seats) and no bogus dealer add-ons, I checked on the web and found a couple of promising dealers. I visited one about 70 miles away (an award winning dealer in SC) and was able to test drive an Outlook. I knew then that I had to have one. That dealer was willing to take half off their own $300 fee in order to make the sale.

Next I called a dealership about 150 miles away (toll-free #) that had what seemed on their website to be negotiable prices (that turned out to be bogus also), and talked with someone there who personally knew the general manager of our local dealership. He seemed genuinely concerned on behalf of Saturn that I was going out of my way to avoid using the local dealership, so he called the general manager here. This local manager is actually the manager of three different dealerships (multiple brands), and occasionally appears on TV ads for at least one of them. He called me and said he wouldn't give up the sale of a new Outlook over $300 and agreed to waive their fee. He also got the car ordered within a week or so. I still had to pay the sticker price. Partly because of the convenience of using a local dealership (my wife has had good experiences with them with her 2001 wagon), I decided I could live with this arrangement.

When the zero percent financing came out for President's day, my car was still in the pipeline, so I called the manager to see if I could go ahead and complete the paperwork at that time to get the zero rate. Because there was not yet an actual invoice, he couldn't do that for me, but did agree to get me some other discount (supplier's?) which would have been worth about $1100 on the Outlook. That was nice, but then they extended the President's Day deal to the end of the month. The manager called me to say that my invoice was now available, so I was able to get the zero percent rate through GMAC after all (in place of the other discount he'd found), so that's what we did.

I guess they couldn't live with the thought of actually waiving their $300 fee, so when the paperwork came through, they had adjusted the car's price down $300, so that when they added on their fee, I did get to buy my Outlook for the agreed-on price (sticker exactly), at zero percent financing.

I can live with having had to pay the sticker price (mostly because it was pretty clear that GMC was not going to negotiate a brand new Acadia down to the same level), but I certainly want to encourage potential buyers to be aggressive about not paying anything on top of sticker price (if there is any way to get around it, and if they don't mind the hassle at no-hassle Saturn).

And I LOVE my new Outlook! And the extra "fun" in buying it only adds to the enjoyment.

2007 Outlook XR FWD
Ocean Mist / Grey Int
Enhanced Convenience Pkg / HID

Over 5,000 miles already! Awesome ride. Love it!

Gorgeous! Gutsy! Glorious!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BrightOutlook's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BrightOutlook reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BrightOutlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #20
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

Brightoutlook,

Why would you think that it would be possible to negotiate the price of a Saturn? It has always been Saturn's policy to sell at the MSRP.

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote