SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
legaltendah
legaltendah is on a distinguished road

1999 SC1
Default How Much Is my Car worth

I have a 1999 Saturn SC1, no options. Clear Side markers and its blackberry in color with mint paint and body headlights are slightly scratched. How much can i get for it? Any one what to buy it? I have a loan on it for 100 a month, i can transfer the loan. I looking for 3,800 you think ill get it? 124k miles

Yeah, Its a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to legaltendah's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help legaltendah reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
legaltendah is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
CapeDude
CapeDude is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How Much Is my Car worth

I would call that too high, but car prices can be hard to put a solid number on. I bought my 98' SC2 with 98k on it last summer for $2800 for example, which was a decent price considering car prices are usually higher in the part of georgia I was in. You need to look at bluebook value, then think about whether someone in your area is willing to pay that price, chances are you'll always get talked down from what you are asking. Also, take a minute to see if thers anything about the car that might put a person off, a clean interior will go a long way. Goodluck with the sale.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CapeDude's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CapeDude reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CapeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
patrick19855
patrick19855 is on a distinguished road

Kelly Blue Book has a 1999 SC1 for $3,235 for automatic. For a manual, it has one going for $2,905. This is if you sell if privately of course.

Still Own:
2000 Saturn SL1
2001 Saturn SL1

No Longer Owned:
1999 Saturn SC2
2004 Saturn VUE, AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to patrick19855's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help patrick19855 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
patrick19855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
S3aturnR
Master Member
S3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaltendah View Post
I have a 1999 Saturn SC1, no options. Clear Side markers and its blackberry in color with mint paint and body headlights are slightly scratched. How much can i get for it? Any one what to buy it? I have a loan on it for 100 a month, i can transfer the loan. I looking for 3,800 you think ill get it? 124k miles
good luck getting more than about $1800 if you sell it yourself. used saturns aren't worth much...

s3aturnr

"reno is a lot like maybury, except everyone's on crystal meth and prostitution's legal" - junior

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to S3aturnR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help S3aturnR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
alleninpa
alleninpa will become famous soon enoughalleninpa will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XR
1999 SL1

Quote:
No chance. Worth maybe $2500 max.
go to www.kbb.com for value, keeping in mind you cant sell it for retail.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alleninpa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alleninpa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alleninpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Picked up a loaded 1999 SC2 last year for $1000.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:49 AM   #7
SaturnManiac
Master Member
SaturnManiac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
good luck getting more than about $1800 if you sell it yourself. used saturns aren't worth much...

s3aturnr
Depends on the area. I've seen them sell the same price as Hondas here. Usually any car around here with working A/C and heat and no major problems is going to at least get $1,000 and then add more for how new it is, options, and such. Around here Saturns are popular....because they are fairly low maintenance, reliable, good on gas, and such. Then again, there are some Saturns here that have gone cheap....but usually they have problems (or at least some of the idiot owners think they do, when it is just an ECTS or something simple.)

There's a used car lot right by my house here and they get Saturns pretty often, and they tend to sell quicker than the Hondas they get...and the price difference isn't much. There was a gold first gen SL2 sitting there a month or so ago, and it got sold within a couple weeks, the Hondas it was parked by are still sitting there...and they are about the same age range.

R.I.P. - My 1996 Saturn SL2, "Psycho" - 7/95-2/17/06

R.I.P. - My 2000 Saturn SL2, "Sexy" - 11/24/99-8/05/08

If you're a car begging for your life, wouldn't you want someone to add fluids?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnManiac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnManiac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #8
Bigdaddy94sc2
Bigdaddy94sc2 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan
2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleninpa View Post
No chance. Worth maybe $2500 max.
go to www.kbb.com for value, keeping in mind you cant sell it for retail.

Number popped in my head. Miles are too high and no options will make it hard to get more than that.

GM, Saturn, and ASE certified Technician. Always glad to try to help, just ask!!! Now own an 06 ION.2 as of 7/2/06 with 2988 and counting (7/28/06) 13131 as of (1/8/07) 24901 as of (7/30/07)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bigdaddy94sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bigdaddy94sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bigdaddy94sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote