SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
grebmohr
grebmohr is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Minor Aura issues-- anyone else?

XE with Advanced Audio- Every once in a while I notice that the bass and treble reset to center on start up. anyone else had this wierdness?

My car seems to have a very slow pull to the right. Took it back and had them to look at it and they said they drove it for 1/4 mile with no input and it stayed centered. I told them I've been driving it for 1500 miles and my left arm hurts from biasing the wheel right. They would not warranty check- said it was within specs without racking it. Have an appointment with an independant servicer.

All in all, I love the car. and for the bucks it can't be beat.

You can always find the edge by stepping over.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to grebmohr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help grebmohr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
grebmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Cowtown_Raider
Cowtown_Raider is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: Minor Aura issues-- anyone else?

Did they do an alignment? If not maybe go have one done independently and see if they'll pay for it if the wheels are out of alignment.

Had squeeky brakes for a bit, but that's gone now. Just been driving it harder

Love the car...was noticing the lack of squeaks and rattles...feels so solid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cowtown_Raider's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cowtown_Raider reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cowtown_Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by grebmohr View Post
XE with Advanced Audio- Every once in a while I notice that the bass and treble reset to center on start up. anyone else had this wierdness?

My car seems to have a very slow pull to the right. Took it back and had them to look at it and they said they drove it for 1/4 mile with no input and it stayed centered. I told them I've been driving it for 1500 miles and my left arm hurts from biasing the wheel right. They would not warranty check- said it was within specs without racking it. Have an appointment with an independant servicer.

I'd wonder if you either have a bad battery or a bad battery connection, which would explain the dimming too. Do your radio presets reset as well?

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Whenever I increase RPM's the tach ticks as it goes up and down. It's a minor issue. Waiting for the first oil change to take it in. But, other then that perfectly fine. Yeah, your issue sounds battery related. Unless it's a bad radio, but due to the other issue you listed I think there linked together and caused by a bad battery/connection.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #5
grebmohr

2007 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L

Yeah I suggested a ground issue to the service manager and he did not seem to think that was it. but with the service I get from them- I will have to do this on my own. I will probably make and install a grounding kit and upgrade the battery terminals too. A bad Delco battery in a new car is a far chance but I will load check the ^%$# out of it and see if a cell is failing under load.

Good calls on the advice! THX (not lucasfilms either)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help grebmohr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
I'd wonder if you either have a bad battery or a bad battery connection, which would explain the dimming too. Do your radio presets reset as well?

I've noticed when OnStar polls your vehicle for information the radio changes stations to the last preset on your radio.

I listen to XM all the time, and when I start up to leave and it's on Country 101.1 I know Big Brother has been checking in.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
grebmohr

2007 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post

I listen to XM all the time, and when I start up to leave and it's on Country 101.1 I know Big Brother has been checking in.
HMMM- Very interesting indeed. I may have to take a #29 drill bit to that onstar computer chip if thats the case.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #8
AcuraGuy
AcuraGuy is on a distinguished road

you cant expect the car to drive perfectly straight because the roads have a crown to them so that when it rains the water goes towards the outside. anotherwards a little drift to the right is normal. also if you do go to an independent alignment place i doubt they will find your alignment out of place. your dealership wont lie to you, if your car is out of spec they will fix it to make you happy. i used to work at a saturn dealership and i know how much our service separtment will bend over backwards for customers, but not employees hence thats why i used to work there.

Quote:

i disagree.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AcuraGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AcuraGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AcuraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
SaturnPlanet
SaturnPlanet is on a distinguished road

i disagree.[/QUOTE]

good thing that is not the point of this thread

We know more about what is less than ourselves, and less about what is more than ourselves.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnPlanet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnPlanet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #10
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
HMMM- Very interesting indeed. I may have to take a #29 drill bit to that onstar computer chip if thats the case.
Well, he might be subscribed to Onstars free diagnostics program which sends a signal to the car and the car tells Onstar everything is ok, or an area reports that it needs attention. That's the only thing I would think of a reason for Onstar contacting the car without the owner pushing the blue button. Unless all of the conspiracy theories are true and GM is spying on us. " Get your tin hats! $20 for plain silver! $40 for any color you want!"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:14 PM   #11
bgates2b
bgates2b is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
1994 SL2

odd, because my XM radio does not reset to the last preset when Onstar is used or does a diagnostic?

Only problem I had with my Aura was that it rattled worse than my 13 year old SL2, especially on a right-hand sweeper. I had Saturn look at it during my first service and it turns out that the window motor in the front passenger door was not bolted to anything. I never open the window, using the automatic climate controls the entire time. Had that fixed and it's been much improved. Now, only the chrome trim around the shifter creaks from time to time (not consistently)

"Congratulations on your brand new 2007 Acura" - Tenisha, the On*Star rep that handled my call during the Aura's delivery

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bgates2b's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bgates2b reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bgates2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #12
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgates2b View Post
odd, because my XM radio does not reset to the last preset when Onstar is used or does a diagnostic?

Only problem I had with my Aura was that it rattled worse than my 13 year old SL2, especially on a right-hand sweeper. I had Saturn look at it during my first service and it turns out that the window motor in the front passenger door was not bolted to anything. I never open the window, using the automatic climate controls the entire time. Had that fixed and it's been much improved. Now, only the chrome trim around the shifter creaks from time to time (not consistently)
It only happens when OnStar polls the vehicle. The only exception is when you reset the OLM light when you change your oil. OnStar tells Big Brother you changed your oil. About once a week my OnStar communicates with Big Brother.

Possibly the VUE's radio is a different from the Aura's. The Aura does have speed adjustable volume control, where the VUE does not. I have the XM MP3 6-disc changer radio.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #13
grebmohr

2007 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraGuy View Post
you cant expect the car to drive perfectly straight because the roads have a crown to them so that when it rains the water goes towards the outside. anotherwards a little drift to the right is normal. also if you do go to an independent alignment place i doubt they will find your alignment out of place. your dealership wont lie to you, if your car is out of spec they will fix it to make you happy. i used to work at a saturn dealership and i know how much our service separtment will bend over backwards for customers, but not employees hence thats why i used to work there.

i disagree.
I would tend to agree about the road crown issue. Service manuals used to give bias adjustments for locales with heavy crowning to help minimize right drift. My drift is however to the left and makes things more difficult to easily explain. --thats sounds wierd-- LOL
As far as this dealer or any dealer bending over backwards after the sale has closed- save it- I have never seen it here or anywhere. Service adviser told me the car is within specs and its normal. Shop foreman tells me he test drove it and its normal he did not rack it. Can't have it both ways. I demanded my alignment printout since the advisor said it was within specs- not gotten it yet 3 weeks later.
I'm ticked and dealing with corporate on the issue now.
I have been working on cars since I could walk and made a good living at it for 20 years. I freakin' know when a car is pulling left....

Oops. better go have my coffee now before my employees have a real bad day

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #14
setchell
setchell is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Tire Kingdom offers a free alignment check. You do not have to get it aligned there if you don't want. If you do, you can get different length alignment warranty packages. I use them all the time for my different cars. They are the same company as NTB up north. NTB offers the same thing. They always have done a good job for me. One way to find out if you have an alignment problem.
They also offer lifetime tire balancing, rotation, no pro-rated road hazard exchange, and free flat tire repair for about $17 a tire (Discount Tire and some others also offer this). You really can't beat this. Use this on all my cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to setchell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help setchell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
setchell is offline   Reply With Quote