SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > How-To Library
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #81
luvmy99SL2
luvmy99SL2 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio

Im thinking about purchasing a used Saturn SL2 stereo with CD to install in my SL2 that is only a stereo/cassette.

The seller tells me he doesnt have any code for the unit, even though the car is his. I asked him to check his manual or inside the glove compartment.
Funny, I dont even know the code for MY stereo as I never had to worry about it.

Anyway, does this seem viable? Installing the CD in my car and all, even if he cant find the code? Or should I just leave well enough alone.
I dont use cassettes any longer, and I would really like to upgrade to a CD player. I like the factory model and dont really want to start messing around by installing an aftermarket stereo and messing with the bezel surround.

Hopefully someone will respond. (fingers crossed)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to luvmy99SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help luvmy99SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
luvmy99SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #82
brightred
brightred is on a distinguished road

I can't get an unlock code, $50 from stealership.....I'd run if I were you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to brightred's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help brightred reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
brightred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #83
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy99SL2
I like the factory model and dont really want to start messing around by installing an aftermarket stereo and messing with the bezel surround.

Hopefully someone will respond. (fingers crossed)
Honestly, installing an aftermarket unit is almost as easy as pumping your own gas. If you can walk, chew gum and breathe all at the same time, installing an aftermarket stereo should be a breeze.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #84
Softdots
Softdots is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke View Post
106010* works, found on another website

Thank-you, Thank-you. Been trying to unlock my radio for two weeks, using every possible dealer code I could find and always being told, invalid dealer code, please try again. But today, 04/20/2012 SUCCESS!!!!! using your code of 106010*, was asked to enter the code from the radio, entered that code and was given the unlock code. Now to go try the code to see if it actually unlocks the radio.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Softdots's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Softdots reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Softdots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #85
kaw_kaw
kaw_kaw is on a distinguished road

4/21/12

Dealer code 106010* worked, code worked perfect.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kaw_kaw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kaw_kaw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kaw_kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #86
jessicaashlee
jessicaashlee is on a distinguished road

Okay so my radio on my 2003 ion reads lock. i read this whole forum and i have tried to press the 1&2 preset buttons but i cannot seem to get the passcode. NOTHING i seem to do will give me the code! please help!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jessicaashlee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jessicaashlee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jessicaashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #87
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Do you have the owner's manual?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #88
XFACTOR 97
XFACTOR 97 is on a distinguished road

I have a 1997 Saturn SL2 with the stock AM/FM radio and CD player. I have been thinking about replacing this OEM headunit for a double din unit for awhile now. I'd be willing to sell it. Everything on the stock AM/FM radio and CD player works perfectly. I went out to my 1997 Saturn SL2 and checked if the Theft Deterrent System had been activated...it has not been, nor will I activate it as I've read it can be a pain to undo if you forget the code. If I sold the stock stereo, you would be able to hook it right up, follow the instructions in the manual, and activate the Theft Deterrent System for your own use (just make sure not to lose the code). I could let the AM/FM radio and CD player go for $150. I also have a 6 Disc CD Changer currently hooked up to it, which I could sell to you for another $25. Just an option for someone who's looking to upgrade their stereo, but wants to keep the OEM look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img110.jpg (201.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (115.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Capture 2.JPG (142.0 KB, 17 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XFACTOR 97's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XFACTOR 97 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XFACTOR 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #89
mgump
mgump is on a distinguished road

I found that this procedure worked but NOT with the 202108# "Dealer code" given in step 3 of the original post but it DID work with the number 106010* noted in a post by member Kaw Kaw (and others) dated 4/21/12 on the 5th page of follow up comments. Please note that the new number was entered and followed by an asterisk NOT a pound sign. I didn't enter any other numbers after making the phone call before entering that 6 digit 106010* code then I just entered the 4 digit scrambled code I got from my radio followed by an asterisk. I used this new number on 6/20/12 and got my radio unlocked. Thanks to the original poster and the Kaw Kaw poster for their information.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mgump's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mgump reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #90
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

once everyone gets their radios unlocked the next time you dissconect the battery, you should buy what i did. it's a little transformer that plugs into the accessory jack & it puts 12 volts through the system to retain the memory so the radio remains unlocked & the computer & other setting don't change. you can buy units that use a 9 volt battery, but with this one, the battery can be left dissconnected for a long time as long as the unit remains plugged in anyway.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #91
david85
david85 is on a distinguished road

2000 saturn SL2 with CD/Tape Deck/Radio.

The GM hotline gave me the wrong code for my car. (1-800-573-5140)
United Radio was able to help. (1-800-448-0994, then ask for customer service)

In my case there were two unlock numbers listed for my scramble code and the first call phone gave me the wrong one (Its a GM thing, not United's fault). I called again and they put the tech on the phone and he gave me the second code which turned out to be correct.

They were very helpful and I had my unlock code within 2 minutes.

Local GM dealer wanted $35 to perform the "thirty minute" procedure which supposedly involved removing the stereo to find the serial number.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to david85's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help david85 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
david85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #92
not12submit
not12submit is on a distinguished road

Updated 7/17/2012 - my 2001 Saturn L300 was activated by a previous user, and I found this thread very useful. After getting the scrambled code, and calling the numbers from earlier posts, finally getting one of the user numbers to work. I tried the manufacturer's code, but it didn't work. Also, I got the same code from a website (radio-code) that charged me $9.99, but hopefully I'll get it refunded, since it says 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Finally, I called United Radio 800-448-0944, asked for Customer Service, and she gave me the right code. Music to my ears! Thanks for everyone's help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to not12submit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help not12submit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
not12submit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #93
2kSL1
2kSL1 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1

2000 SL1 on 8-5-12

Called the number, used code 106010#, my "scrambled" code was 5555, they gave me 5967. Didn't work :/ Going to try United Radio during their business hours to see if that'll work for me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2kSL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2kSL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2kSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #94
kaptnjack
kaptnjack will become famous soon enoughkaptnjack will become famous soon enough

1995 SW2
1994 SL2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-21-12

Dealer code 106010* worked for me today, puter generated response unscramble code worked too ...thanks again guys

92 SL2 A/T white
93 SL1 man burgundy
93 SL2 A/T turquoise
94 SL1 man medium blue
94 SL2 A/T gold
95 SW2 A/T white (daily driver)
97 SL2 A/T gold
99 SW1 A/T green
95 SW2 man gold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kaptnjack's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kaptnjack reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kaptnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #95
hishiad
hishiad is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

What do you do if the preset buttons aren't responding?

the 5 and 6 button pushing together will not bring up the input screen. I know my code already, I just need to find a way to input it again. Anyone had to deal with this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hishiad's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hishiad reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hishiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #96
HandsOn
HandsOn is on a distinguished road

Just to get it out of the way, was your key fully in the "RUN" position, and not just the "ACC" position?
That might not make a difference with the initial first step, but if it does...
Just making sure.

Good luck. Not sure what else to try.

Paul

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HandsOn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HandsOn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HandsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #97
bk2futr
bk2futr has a spectacular aura aboutbk2futr has a spectacular aura about

Hi all
I wanted to thank all who posted this info! I just tried this code retreival process on a cd player that was out of a 1999 SL2 and it was supposed to be unlocked. Well it wasn't unlocked! SO I dialed the number and used code 106010* and gave them my 4 digit code out of my radio which was 7217. Then they gave me an unlock code of 4660. And it worked!
I am posting this on 11/4/2012.
Thanks again!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bk2futr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bk2futr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bk2futr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #98
satsrbz
satsrbz is on a distinguished road

Default Can you tell if a radio has been activated?

I just got a 99 SL2 with AM/FM/Cassette Theft deterrent radio.

Is there some way you can tell if the radio has been activated with the system?

If so, is there a way to find out what the code is before the system locks, like if the battery is disconnected?

I tried looking through the threads for an answer.

I'd like to find out, so I know if I have to hook up 9 volt battery to cig lighter before disconnecting or otherwise have to think about it.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satsrbz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satsrbz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
satsrbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #99
DustyRoads
DustyRoads is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk2futr View Post
Hi all
I wanted to thank all who posted this info! I just tried this code retreival process on a cd player that was out of a 1999 SL2 and it was supposed to be unlocked. Well it wasn't unlocked! SO I dialed the number and used code 106010* and gave them my 4 digit code out of my radio which was 7217. Then they gave me an unlock code of 4660. And it worked!
I am posting this on 11/4/2012.
Thanks again!
Thanks,
It(106010*) still works-3March13!
Got my 99SL2radio on!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DustyRoads's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DustyRoads reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #100
Bell2220
Bell2220 is on a distinguished road

Happy Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio

Finally got it to work! Thanks to everyone's input.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bell2220's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bell2220 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bell2220 is offline   Reply With Quote