SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > How-To Library
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #41
C-Sol
C-Sol is on a distinguished road

2000 SW2
Default Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio-Saturn 2000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnance58 View Post
Radio Anti-Theft Saturn 2000

Okay, I have worn myself and the computer out, but I have resolved an issue NOT in this forum for getting the radio working again.
Here's how I did it.

Check out the attached jpg radio and see if it's yours.
I don't know if this works on others, but it definitely works on this one.

First, all this #2 & #3,#4 & #5 preset stuff does not work!! Your display will read "LOCK". It won't read "LOC".

That is for cars prior to 2000.

If your radio is locked, you can call or better yet go by your dealer and have him spend 3 minutes calling in your VIN number and getting a reset code from the factory. Yes, I know that some dealers want to charge you $50, but if you will go by(and especially if you let your wife/girlfriend go by, and even more especially if your wife or girlfriend is cute or built and maybe has a six-pack) I found them all too helpful and accommodating in calling it in.

Okay, here's the important part that was very unclear even with dealers.
When you get the four digit code, are you listening?There is no more of this preset code punching mess!!

Turn your key to "Run", not accessory. Also, leave the radio "ON".
Leave your car in this state for at least an hour.
When you come back, it should show " -- -- -- --".
Using the left and ride side of "seek", set digits one and two of the code the service guy gave you. Using the "tune", set digits three and four of the same code.
Press am/fm.
Voila!! Did 87.5 FM come on? Your'e good to go. Congrat. You're a *******' genius!

If you mess it up, you have two more tries. If you still mess it up, just leave the key in "Run" and the radio on for another hour and try again.
Hope this helps you.

It got me rockin' again!
87.5 FM did come on. It was great! I really didn't want to give the dealer my money for what should be part of their customer service. After repairs the mechanic try resetting too many times and it locked. The owner's manual says the dealer has to reset it. The mechanic called the dealer and they told him they no longer give the code out that I had to bring my car in for them to put in on the machine so they could reset and recode it. They were willing to this for $50.00. Well the nearest dealer for me is an hour away. I followed your instructions. After the car ran for an hour the display changed from "LOCK" to "-- -- -- --" I entered my personal code and got my stereo back. Thanks man!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to C-Sol's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help C-Sol reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
C-Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #42
brianssw2
brianssw2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
Default Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio

Anyone out there have a new dealer code? The dealer code on the first post does not work anymore.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to brianssw2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help brianssw2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
brianssw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #43
brianssw2
brianssw2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Didn't need a code. Plugged the radio in and presto, it worked.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to brianssw2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help brianssw2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
brianssw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #44
mattytee74
mattytee74 is on a distinguished road

As of 9/27/2009, the 800 number is still working and the following dealer code works (use in step 3 in top post):

Thanks for the info!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mattytee74's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mattytee74 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mattytee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #45
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan

This a great stuff, I wonder if it's legal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #46
FiveOnThree
FiveOnThree is on a distinguished road

As of Oct. 7, 2009, entering the 6-digit code (202108) for the part involving the toll-free phone number does not work. Any other suggestions? Please advise... Thank you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FiveOnThree's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FiveOnThree reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FiveOnThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #47
FiveOnThree
FiveOnThree is on a distinguished road

Ok. It now worked!

I followed step #3, except I did not enter the 6 digits that end in ...108.

Instead, I followed this precise step on Oct. 8, 2009:

3.) Call 800-537-5140 and ignore whatever you are promted to do (something about different dealer brands Chevy, Pontiac, Saturn,etc.), and type the number 206053 into your phone and then press the # button.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FiveOnThree's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FiveOnThree reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FiveOnThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #48
hi-tower
hi-tower is on a distinguished road

1998 SW2
1998 SW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOnThree View Post
Ok. It now worked!

I followed step #3, except I did not enter the 6 digits that end in ...108.

Instead, I followed this precise step on Oct. 8, 2009:

3.) Call 800-537-5140 and ignore whatever you are promted to do (something about different dealer brands Chevy, Pontiac, Saturn,etc.), and type the number 206053 into your phone and then press the # button.
For those that this does not work I found a dealer who will do this over the phone for you as long as you have the 4 digit code to give them. The phone number is 866-540-6312. I spoke with Ben in the service area. They were willing to do it over the phone with no charge. The Saturn delaership is in Bloomington, MN. Hope this helps some people.

1998 SW1 (wife's car)
1998 SW2 (Winter daily driver)
2004 Vibe GT (summer daily driver)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hi-tower's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hi-tower reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hi-tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #49
dpw715
dpw715 is on a distinguished road

I have 04 saturn radio on LOCK after battery change . I got the code 5645* called the number got the unlcock code 7322 & it don't work! after three tries back on lock. I know how to get back to put in the code but don't know why it won't work? anyone have an answer? THANKS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dpw715's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dpw715 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dpw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #50
stephglo
stephglo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOnThree View Post

As of 3/1/2010 this 206053 number still works.

I successfully unlocked my radio using the instructions however I would like to point out for anyone else that there is no visual or audio cue given to let you know you have held preset 5 and 6 long enough to enter the unscrambled code. You simply have to have faith that it will work and press the seek down button once to start the entry process.

I very much appreciated these instructions. I had to replace a fuse and had no idea that the radio would require such effort afterwards. Many thanks to those who have posted and updated the numbers and directions.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stephglo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stephglo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stephglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #51
tiger61476
tiger61476 is on a distinguished road

Hello,Thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting this.I havent felt this happy for a long time.You saved me a bundle on a visit to the dealer and I am a single mom who could never afford to have done that.My battery died when it got really cold out.I am an honest person so don't listen to any of the haters here.You have no idea how awesome you are.THANK YOU THANK YOU THANNNNKKKK YOUUUUU...oh and I LOVE YOU!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tiger61476's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tiger61476 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tiger61476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #52
santiago_peewee
santiago_peewee is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1

i have a saturn 2000 sl1 it is locked it gives me code 2700 when i call the number it gives me code 7925 but when i enter it gives me an error can anyone help

thanks in advance

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to santiago_peewee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help santiago_peewee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
santiago_peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #53
santiago_peewee
santiago_peewee is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1

Finally got my correct unlock code for a saturn 2000 sl1, i called this number (952)888-7300, asked for the service department spoke to a guy name todd. told him that i had my unscrambled code, and that the code i was getting wasnt working, so i gave him the code i was given and he gave me a different code and bang, i finally got some tunes in my car again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to santiago_peewee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help santiago_peewee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
santiago_peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #54
joemed2001
joemed2001 is on a distinguished road

Devil Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio - invalid account number

Hi -

thanks for the info on unlocking the radio code! unfortunately, I am having a little trouble. I own a 2000 SC1 (the three door model), my radio is currently locked. Pressing the preset buttons #2 and #3 didn't work, but pressing #1 and #2 did. I got a 4-digit factory code. I called 1-800-537-5140 and tried putting in the 202108 code, but it says, "invalid account number." I tried a different number from another post 202107, same thing. Any ideas?

Thank you,

joemed2001

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joemed2001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joemed2001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joemed2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #55
RicksVue
RicksVue is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio - invalid account number

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemed2001 View Post
Hi -

thanks for the info on unlocking the radio code! unfortunately, I am having a little trouble. I own a 2000 SC1 (the three door model), my radio is currently locked. Pressing the preset buttons #2 and #3 didn't work, but pressing #1 and #2 did. I got a 4-digit factory code. I called 1-800-537-5140 and tried putting in the 202108 code, but it says, "invalid account number." I tried a different number from another post 202107, same thing. Any ideas?

Thank you,

joemed2001
Did you try 206053 as posted a few entries up?

-Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RicksVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RicksVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RicksVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #56
BodeeHouse62
BodeeHouse62 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago_peewee View Post
Finally got my correct unlock code for a saturn 2000 sl1, i called this number (952)888-7300, asked for the service department spoke to a guy name todd. told him that i had my unscrambled code, and that the code i was getting wasnt working, so i gave him the code i was given and he gave me a different code and bang, i finally got some tunes in my car again.
This process worked perfectly on my 2000 Saturn. The tech at the above referenced number game me the super-secret 4 digit code in about 90 seconds. The hardest part was waiting the 60 minutes for the = = = = to appear on the radio. After that, it was just a matter of using the seek & tune keys to input the unlock code. Thanks to all for the assistance. As a side note: Avoid Saturn of Memphis at all costs. They give incompetent auto shops a bad name!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BodeeHouse62's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BodeeHouse62 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BodeeHouse62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #57
Theorb
Theorb is on a distinguished road

For my 2000 SW2 none of the above numbers or received/suggested codes worked. Eventually, I got info to try 1-800-448-0944, gave them the scrambled code I got from pressing 1 &2 on the radio, got my 2664 code and it worked!
Back to my life.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Theorb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Theorb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Theorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #58
saturnfan210
saturnfan210 is on a distinguished road

For those of you with 2000 and above Saturns, this should work for you. It's a result of lots of googling and some help from this forum. I have a 2001 SL2 that this worked on

Hold down 1&2 until you get your code (mine was 1502)
Call 1-888-225-2306
Pick your favorite facility code from this site [tripleW].saturnretailersonline.com/MiscPage_24
I used the first one 10464 followed by #
put in the 4 digit code you got from your radio
voila! the digitized voice told me my code was 7856

If you have the ---- showing on your radio you can punch this in and hit am/fm and be golden. Otherwise read above to figure out how to get back to the ----.

I hope this helps you regain access to the radio that you own....
If you're a thief you probably already knew this stuff.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnfan210's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnfan210 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnfan210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #59
jasmart
jasmart is on a distinguished road

MODS This thread should be a sticky, new to forum (1st post), but bought my 17 yo daughter a 03 Vue, battery died now I have a 17yo teenager driving around without a radio Yeah I'm not in good graces with her now, but I refuse to pay the Stealership to reset something so basic. Will try this when I get home. Thanks for the great info.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jasmart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jasmart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #60
jasmart
jasmart is on a distinguished road

UPDATE and some clarification. I know the following sequence works for a 2003 Saturn VUE.

Got it unlocked Daughter is happy all good

Here is how I got it

1. Start car turn on radio, hold down 1&2 until you get your scrambled code (mine was 9219)

2. Run the car for an hour, leave radio on until ---- is showing on your radio display.

3. Call 1-888-225-2306, Pick your favorite facility code from this site [tripleW].saturnretailersonline.com/MiscPage_24 (I used the Aggieland Saturn, in College Station Texas and it was still active) input in the 4 digit scrambled code you got from your radio (step 1.) Be prepared to write down the new code (s), the digitized voice gave me two code options. So I wrote down both codes. My code was the first one 4712.

4. You the use the left side of the “seek” (left side of radio) button to input the first number, the right side of the same button to input second number.

5. Then move to the “tune” button on the bottom right of the radio and use left side for input third number, the right side of the same button for the input of the fourth number.

6. Once the display shows the correct 4 digit number you received from the phone call (step 3), push the am/fm (small round button, upper left of radio) and you are good to go. If you input the wrong code 3 times it locks it again and you have to wait another hour to get back to the ----.

Good luck, now if I could only figure out how to get her CD changer to work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jasmart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jasmart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jasmart is offline   Reply With Quote