SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > How-To Library
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #21
kb7010
kb7010 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio

I am very late on this one.. but it has already been said.. you think a thief is going to steal a radio he can't un-lock.??? come on.. in fact I use to work at a Honda Dealership as a mechanic.. we would get calls ALL the time on radio codes.. how where we to know if it was a thief or a honest person that needed help..?? we didn't ..!!!!! bottom line.. the info was given to the person EVERY TIME..!!!!

great post IMHO.. I don't need it as my radio doesn't have that function..

that is one function the car manufacturers need to do away with IMO..!!!! as ALL it does it make it harder on the honest person..!!!!

just my .06 cents worth.. as .02 cents won't get you anything nowadays.. lol

Rex

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kb7010's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kb7010 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kb7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #22
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Okay, does this work when the radio shows neither "LOC" nor "INOP"? Mine doesn't do anything, just shows the time and when I hold down the 5 & 6 buttons to input my code (I do have one), nothing happens. Do I have to let it sit 'on' for an hour first?

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #23
cnfrancis72
cnfrancis72 is on a distinguished road

ur a life saver. As if paying for gas this year isnt enough u have saturn dealers that jack u around. this forum still is working in 2008

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cnfrancis72's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cnfrancis72 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cnfrancis72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #24
cnfrancis72
cnfrancis72 is on a distinguished road

when you hold 5&6 it will show up SEC .... or should
then hold 2&3 and it will give you a code then call that number from the first post and it will ask for your four digit code then you will be given a new one and then hold 5&6 again and input it to reset it if it works the display will show ---- then input a new one if u like

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cnfrancis72's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cnfrancis72 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cnfrancis72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 AM   #25
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69 View Post
Okay, does this work when the radio shows neither "LOC" nor "INOP"? Mine doesn't do anything, just shows the time and when I hold down the 5 & 6 buttons to input my code (I do have one), nothing happens. Do I have to let it sit 'on' for an hour first?
It's amazing what can happen when you replace a blown fuse. Ooops. Hey, I didn't know the clock still worked when the radio fuse was blown. hehehehe The radio is fine now.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #26
cwt580
cwt580 is on a distinguished road

ok my car radio is locked after battery change. just bought it and didnt have the unlock code or manual of how to do it. Did call and get the factory unlock code. i need help with procedure since no manual w/ car.

2000 saturn ls2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cwt580's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cwt580 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #27
cwt580

i just cant get to the point to enter the factory code or even try a random code. I have gotten the scrambled 4 digit code by holding the 1 & 2 buttons . called and got the code related to the scrambled factory code. tried 5 & 6 but nothing. tried all kinds of button combo's to get to that point. How do you get to SEC menu or ?........ key is in ON and radio is in "off"

like i said the batt was changed so now its in factory "lock" mode.

2000 saturn ls2 w/ cd and tape.

My daughter is going crazy 'cause she doesnt have any tunes in her new car.....

can anyone scan the pages for unlocking the radio?????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help cwt580 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:02 AM   #28
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
i just cant get to the point to enter the factory code or even try a random code. I have gotten the scrambled 4 digit code by holding the 1 & 2 buttons . called and got the code related to the scrambled factory code. tried 5 & 6 but nothing. tried all kinds of button combo's to get to that point. How do you get to SEC menu or ?........ key is in ON and radio is in "off"

like i said the batt was changed so now its in factory "lock" mode.

2000 saturn ls2 w/ cd and tape.

My daughter is going crazy 'cause she doesnt have any tunes in her new car.....

can anyone scan the pages for unlocking the radio?????
Go back to the first post, there are instructions. You have to let it sit for an hour with the ignition on/radio on first...it's all there in the first post. It's the same stereo that was in the S-series, so the steps should be the same.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-31-2008, 04:49 PM   #29
cwt580

its not in "in-op" mode just lock mode?

the previous post said to use the 5 & 6 buttons to get to sec mode but mine does nothing. Im thinking thats the wrong combo for a 2000.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #30
cwt580

well went to library today. they have all the factory repair manuals. manual says after power disruption "you MUST wait for an hr w/ radio "on"(lock screen) and key on" to get to the code enter screen "_ _ _ _". then enter the code you got when you or dealer called to get with the stored "scrambled code"(presets 1 & 2 w/ radio "off" ). they give you the code that was previously set into radio by the owner. Thats what you have to enter!!!!! 3 failures will put you back to step 1"wait for an hr"..

so bottom line is "wait for an hr" anytime you lose power to radio.....then get your code or get the factory "unscrambled" code. Best way is to disable SEC if you know power will be lost to radio. think this may apply to even pulling fuses???

Last edited by cwt580; 08-01-2008 at 12:16 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #31
cwt580

so frustrating........i can get the radio now to the "_ _ _ _" screen but the code i got from the above number creates the err code. i am waiting another hr for it to get to that screen. ive tried that code,2x and 1234 once.

any ideas?...........anyone?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #32
cwt580

ok got it working...........not w/ our local yocal dealership(Saturn)

The steps above work but for 2000 and newer the number listed doesnt give you the right code. A tried to deal with Saturn dealership. They wanted the car and $30 to unlock. drove to my local Chevy dealership(1 mile) with the code and vin# and he called and talked to Saturn. They gave him the correct unlock code after telling him the above info. He talked to someone direct and they told him about the 2000 and beyond.........

gave the guy $10 tip for the FREE info........now i have a real sour taste from my local saturn dealership(25miles). Next closest is 75 miles!!!!!!!! at least good old Chevy worked with me to fix an issue.......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #33
alleycat726
alleycat726 is on a distinguished road

My 2003 Saturn ION radio went into LOCK mode. The one hour with the ignition in the accessory position and "LOCK" display did clear it to ----
I had to hold in buttons 1&2 to get the code 4290. I did call the number you provided but the unlocking number I was given did not work. It errored out again. Anyone with an answer? Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alleycat726's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alleycat726 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alleycat726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #34
cwt580

yours will be like mine was ...different number than the one given to you over phone using the number above. 2000 and newer use a brand specific radio(not gm/delco) so the code is different. you will have to get a dealer to call for you. mine was a std chevy dealer..........cost me $0...just the tip i left him.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #35
bnance58
bnance58 is on a distinguished road

Default Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio-Saturn 2000+

Radio Anti-Theft Saturn 2000

Okay, I have worn myself and the computer out, but I have resolved an issue NOT in this forum for getting the radio working again.
Here's how I did it.

Check out the attached jpg radio and see if it's yours.
I don't know if this works on others, but it definitely works on this one.

First, all this #2 & #3,#4 & #5 preset stuff does not work!! Your display will read "LOCK". It won't read "LOC".

That is for cars prior to 2000.

If your radio is locked, you can call or better yet go by your dealer and have him spend 3 minutes calling in your VIN number and getting a reset code from the factory. Yes, I know that some dealers want to charge you $50, but if you will go by(and especially if you let your wife/girlfriend go by, and even more especially if your wife or girlfriend is cute or built and maybe has a six-pack) I found them all too helpful and accommodating in calling it in.

Okay, here's the important part that was very unclear even with dealers.
When you get the four digit code, are you listening?There is no more of this preset code punching mess!!

Turn your key to "Run", not accessory. Also, leave the radio "ON".
Leave your car in this state for at least an hour.
When you come back, it should show " -- -- -- --".
Using the left and ride side of "seek", set digits one and two of the code the service guy gave you. Using the "tune", set digits three and four of the same code.
Press am/fm.
Voila!! Did 87.5 FM come on? Your'e good to go. Congrat. You're a *******' genius!

If you mess it up, you have two more tries. If you still mess it up, just leave the key in "Run" and the radio on for another hour and try again.
Hope this helps you.

It got me rockin' again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saturn 2000 radio.jpg (125.4 KB, 88 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bnance58's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bnance58 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bnance58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #36
spartygal
spartygal is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Please help!! I'm currently having this same issue; replaced the battery in my 2003 Saturn ION, and now radio is locked. I've had several phone calls with Saturn customer service and dealerships; only one service guy was even willing to give me a code, which in the end didn't work. Turns out he was unaware that the procedure is different with a 2000+ Saturn. So, I'm still without tunes, and even a stop-in to another Saturn dealership resulted in me waiting, with no help in the end. I find it ridiculous that Saturn would charge its owners money for something that, technically, they purchased with their Saturn (the radio code!).
Can anyone out there help me? I'm desperate to have my tunes back!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spartygal's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spartygal reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spartygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #37
bm0530
bm0530 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2002 Saturn Sc2. Everything is great just one problem the original radio says LOCK. So I found this website and I did the first thing they said to do which was press buttons #2 & #3 well it was actually #1 & #2 and i got the code i called the 800 number and they gave me the correct code and the digit of the code is an eight but my radio only reaches up to 6 can somebody please help me!! I have looked all over the web and this is the only helpful place. I dont have the owner's manual either HELP ME!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bm0530's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bm0530 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bm0530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #38
Spaz
Advanced Member
Spaz will become famous soon enoughSpaz will become famous soon enough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnVLN View Post
Thanks, guys! It worked! Now if I can get the CD player to read one CD without an error message I will truly be happy.
Assuming that the CD's are properly formatted, have you tried cleaning the optical reader?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spaz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spaz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #39
SaturnWagonFTW
SaturnWagonFTW is on a distinguished road

1995 SW2

This process still works as of August 21, 2009, for my 1995 SW2. Thanks for saving me the cost of getting the dealer to do it for me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnWagonFTW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnWagonFTW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnWagonFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:58 PM   #40
dapend
dapend is on a distinguished road

Any help on unlocking a 2000 Saturn radio. I have read the notes on 1998. They do not work on a 2000 radio. Thanks in advance....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dapend's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dapend reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dapend is offline   Reply With Quote