SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 08:41 PM   #1
SATURNFAN13185-2
SATURNFAN13185-2 is on a distinguished road

Default Does anyone know of any rollover crash testing?

Does anybody know of any institution that does actual rollover crash testing? I'm not talking about the pathetic rollover-tendancy rating that the NHTSA gives out (useless, in my mind). I want to know how cars perform when they actually roll over. Saturn and Volvo would be getting high scores, I'm positive. Anybody know of anything like this? I haven't found anything like it, but with all the top-heavy SUV's on the road, you'd think the NHTSA or the HLDA/IIHS would do something like it, but they don't.

Ed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SATURNFAN13185-2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SATURNFAN13185-2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2002, 10:14 PM   #2
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

Im not sure, but i can tell you that the Saturn S series does extremely well in roll overs.

I have read countless stories, but this one stands out:

The guy was driving along the freeway at 60mph + and FELL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL! He ended up rolling several times, and ended up in a big ditch.

He walked out without a scratch .. and took pictures and sent it to my local retailer. Yea, the car wasnt scratchless, but it held up perfect structually.

I dont know how the L and VUE handle, but with past engineering experience, im sure it does fine.

Im curious how roll-happy the VUE will be ... i sure hope it puts the rest of the class to shame!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2002, 10:18 PM   #3
SATURNFAN13185-2
SATURNFAN13185-2 is on a distinguished road

L300boy,

to see how the L-series holds up crushwise, check out my "Do Not Doubt The Safety Of The Saturn L-series" thread. Amazing.

Ed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SATURNFAN13185-2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SATURNFAN13185-2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-30-2002, 06:19 AM   #4
Robtrek
Robtrek is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up

SATURNFAN13185-2

I also would be greatly intrested in "rollover test results specifically related to the VUE. Am a recent purchaser of the Sport Package model.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Robtrek's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Robtrek reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-30-2002, 08:36 AM   #5
BuckeyeVUE
BuckeyeVUE is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2002 VUE 2.2L
Default crashtests

You can find some info on crashtests for the Saturn models at crastest.com The VUE has not gone thru any testing as far as I can tell. I tend to look once a week to find that stats, but they just haven't been done (or haven't been reported yet). Interestingly enough, they were supposed to be done in the Fall when the VUE hit the market. I wonder what the holduup is?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BuckeyeVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BuckeyeVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread