SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
Coastal Man
Coastal Man is on a distinguished road

Default Door Ajar problems

Has anyone had any problems with the "Door Ajar" message showing in the information center? I have had my XE for three weeks and this started happening in the second week. My dealer has replaced the drivers door locking mechanism and all was well for three days and then the problem resurfaced. I can't lock my car because the computer will detect a door ajar sometime after locking the car and set off the alarm. This can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes, but it will happen. I have a good experienced Saturn mechanic trying to fix the problem, but he is having trouble running it down. I thought I might see if anyone on the forum has heard of this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Coastal Man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Coastal Man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Coastal Man is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Door Ajar problems

I can't help diagnose it, but in the meantime, do the door lock buttons inside the car set the security system? (I doubt it, but you never know.) If not, you could use those to lock the car in the meantime.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
Coastal Man

Thanks for the reply! The alarm goes off no matter how the door locks are activated. I left the car at Saturn of Raleigh yesterday so the mechanic could drive it and trouble shoot it until the problem is found. I'll let you know how it turns out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Coastal Man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:13 PM   #4
Coastal Man

Default Re: Door Ajar problems/ the fix!

In case anyone needs it, this is the fix. There is a module, # 15941000, that I believe is known as the body control module. This module is programable and there are many things that can be changed on your car's operation by programing this module. For example, the door locks can be programed to lock after the car is in motion, not when you shift into gear. The doors can be programed to unlock after the car is in park and the key is taken out of the ignition, not when the car is put in park. My mechanic is going to show me, on his computer screen, all the changes that can be done. I may want to change some and some I may not. Bottom line is that I can drive now without the chimes and alarms going off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
webbsite
webbsite is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Does the programming of this module have to be done at the dealership? Is it something we can do? I have noticed my doors do not unlock after I put it in park and remove the key.

2007 Aura XE
2007 Honda CRV
1999 Corvette Coupe
2003 Subaru Forester

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to webbsite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help webbsite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
webbsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:26 AM   #6
Coastal Man

Yes, as far as I know it has to be done at the dealership. I notice you are in NC. The mechanic who did the work is at the Raleigh Saturn dealership. His name is Garrett and is very personable. I am sure if you called him he would let you, or your dealership, know how to reprogram the module to your choices.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #7
mymaestro
mymaestro is on a distinguished road

My XR just had this problem during a long trip from St Louis to Austin, in the middle of Oklahoma. The DOOR AJAR line and warning chime started while we were driving. We talked to ONSTAR and they did a diagnostic and found nothing unusual.
The problem persisted into Texas, not letting us lock the doors or set the security system. But once we got home it went away and has not appeared since, and we can't reproduce it (at least not without driving to Oklahoma!).
Has anyone else seen this problem recently? Otherwise the car has been glitch free.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mymaestro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mymaestro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mymaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #8
Kybuck
Kybuck will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsite View Post
Does the programming of this module have to be done at the dealership? Is it something we can do? I have noticed my doors do not unlock after I put it in park and remove the key.
I think it's something anyone can do through the personalization settings on the Drivers Information Center (DIC) as explained in the owners manual.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kybuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kybuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kybuck is offline   Reply With Quote