SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
fretese
fretese is on a distinguished road

Roll Eyes Saturn 2002 SL1 - Bad Interior Water LEAK!!

The driver side front & rear carpet get damp as soon as start raining. So far I had been looking around fire wall without luck. It does not seem to be thru the doors. Any ideas highly appreciated. Thanks, Edgar

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fretese's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fretese reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fretese is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
fretese

Default Re: Saturn 2002 SL1 - Bad Interior Water LEAK!!

I guess I am the only one with this problem......mmmmmmm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fretese reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #3
austin71184
austin71184 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

I have a 2000 sl2 that leaked really bad when i bought it. After scratching my head for awhile I pulled the headliner down to check the downspouts for the sunroof. I then found out that the hose wasn't even connected. The front passenger carpet would just get soaked after a rain.

If you have a car with a sunroof it woulnd't be a bad idea to take a look at those drains, probably unlikely but in my case.................

Good Luck !!!!!!!

Austin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to austin71184's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help austin71184 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
austin71184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
RangerRover
RangerRover is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2
1994 SL2

If it has a sunroof, it has clogged/disconnected drainage tubes. Do a search for how to clear them.

If not, try the "Dollar Bill test". Close the front doors on a dollar bill (near the top of the window). If you can then pull the bill out easily, you need to bend the top of the door. Do a search for "Dollar test" for more detailed information.

You can tell Linux is made by geeks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RangerRover's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RangerRover reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RangerRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
fretese

I did the dollar bill probe and it passed with honors......for those who ask, i am sorry to tell you that i do not have sunroof. Still scratching my head.....I will find that leak eventually. It had been raining lately and that probably will help to find. Thanks to everybody......Edgar

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
RangerRover
RangerRover is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2
1994 SL2

You may need to go extreme - remove the carpet in the car and have someone spray a hose all over the car while you look for where the water is coming in. No carpet makes it easy to spot where water is coming in.

You can tell Linux is made by geeks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RangerRover's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RangerRover reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RangerRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #7
lisaNmike
lisaNmike is on a distinguished road

1997 SC1

Yes...this is a repeat of what I posted to other leaking car but I thought that you might appreciate the humor too!

You are really bumming me out...we could we seal off the dreaded sunroof with tape on my daughter's SC2 and it still could leak?!

Hmm...it's a good thing that Saturn doesn't make boats too otherwise they would all be at the bottom of the sea with all this leaking.

I never knew Saturn was the WATER PLANET.

I just figured out where the names of these cars come from...
SC = Soaked Car
SL = Saturns Leak

Okay, I've finished with my jokes but it's better than crying...we've had enough of leaks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lisaNmike's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lisaNmike reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lisaNmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
marybeth61
marybeth61 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretese View Post
The driver side front & rear carpet get damp as soon as start raining. So far I had been looking around fire wall without luck. It does not seem to be thru the doors. Any ideas highly appreciated. Thanks, Edgar
I have the same problem, with my Saturn 2002 Sedan. It's only started happening, about 4 times. The carpet gets wet on the rear driver side first. I've taken it to the mechanic twice, with no luck. My friend took the molding off on the floor near the doors. Still no luck of where it is coming from.

Have you had any luck in finding the problems source?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marybeth61's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marybeth61 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marybeth61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
velleguy73
velleguy73 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL
2002 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretese View Post
I did the dollar bill probe and it passed with honors......for those who ask, i am sorry to tell you that i do not have sunroof. Still scratching my head.....I will find that leak eventually. It had been raining lately and that probably will help to find. Thanks to everybody......Edgar
Sure that's rain water? Check your coolant level. Failed heater core could do that. Inspect all seals then try the "friend with a hose test".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to velleguy73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help velleguy73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
velleguy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #10
Baron5867
Advanced Member
Baron5867 is just really niceBaron5867 is just really niceBaron5867 is just really niceBaron5867 is just really nice

1994 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by velleguy73 View Post
Check your coolant level. Failed heater core could do that.
In that case, should be able to smell it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Baron5867's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Baron5867 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Baron5867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #11
TwinRevver
Advanced Member
TwinRevver is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
1995 SL1

it could be the black trim along the roof edge that the door edge seals touch when closed it runs the entire roof line front to back... caulked mine up with hi tech .....

now with problems and getting a newer car but not a saturn :(
My 95 SL2 white top of the line car Priceless..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TwinRevver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TwinRevver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TwinRevver is offline   Reply With Quote