SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
thegrove
thegrove is on a distinguished road

Default outlook prices announced

just a quick update, outlook prices were announced to start at $28k for the fwd xe, $2000 more for awd, forgot what the xr prices were and i have to run to training right now. will come back to post prices for the xr. btw, fuel economy was rated 18/25 for fwd, 17/24 for awd. was also told that build is still on schedule and should be getting first ones by new years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thegrove's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thegrove reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
KenSatrun
KenSatrun is on a distinguished road

Default Re: outlook prices announced

18/26 Fwd.......17/24 Awd

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KenSatrun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KenSatrun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KenSatrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
SaturnSales
SaturnSales is on a distinguished road

Ok here's the info I got in this mornings broadcast.....

Pricing
XE FWD $27,990
XE AWD $29,990

XE Packages
Preferred Package $505
Convience Package $450
Advanced Audio package $880
Trailer Package $425

XR FWD $30,290
XR AWD $32,290
Convience Package $1045
Advanced Audio $805
Premium Trim $1275
Enhanced Convience $690
Touring Package (only way to get 19" wheels) $895
Trailering Package $425

Additional options XE and XR
Sunroof $1300
DVD entertainment system $1300
XM radio $199
Red Jewel paint $395

Additional options XR only
Navigation System $2145
2nd row captains chairs $495
HID headlights $500
White Diamond paint $745

Fuel Economy XE and XR
FWD 18/26
AWD 17/24

4,500lb Towing capacity
Flat towable
22 gal fuel tank
18" wheels standard
19" wheels optional

Sorry they were going a little too fast on what was included in each package... I wasn't able to write down what was in the packages... just the name and price.... I also noticed that the HP ratings went up... the XE is rated at 270HP and the XR is now at 275HP... can't wait to start selling these.... looks like another great vehicle for the Saturn lineup....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSales's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSales reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #4
Njerald
Njerald is on a distinguished road

Added standard XR features for $2,300 MSRP more:

Dual Zone Auto A/C
Prog. Power Door Locks
Trip Computer
AutoDim/Compass mirror
8 Way Power Drivers seat
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Audio Controls on Steering Wheel
Wood? Trim
Fog Lamps
Luggage Rack Side Rails
Body-color side moldings
Machined alloy wheels
Dual exhaust
Var. power Steering
Body-color outside mirrors w/turn signals

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Njerald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Njerald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Njerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #5
zach471
zach471 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure how the packages are going to break down, but it looks like ordering everything on the XR puts you pretty well over $40,000.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zach471's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zach471 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zach471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
hedges1
hedges1 is on a distinguished road

The starting prices are right on target, I just couldn't see them going below 27k. I am a little shocked at to see it topping 40k fully loaded.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hedges1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hedges1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hedges1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #7
bkerrpdx
bkerrpdx is on a distinguished road

40 k is about 3k more than expected, and actually fully loaded looks like it may even be closer to 42k, which leads me back to my initial concern about this. 42k ( with no incentives ) for a fully loaded Outlook is almost identical to the cost of a brand new Tahoe right now with incentives. Granted, gas mileage will be the biggest con ( and the size for my wife ) but it's almost worth the 3 to 5mpg that I would pay to have the extra towing capacity.

This is becoming less attractive to me as I look at it. I have been very entertained and impressed with these forums, input and information and the passion that everyone brings to the table, but not sure if that is enough for me to buy this product. As to the buying experience, I walked into the dealership a couple of weeks ago to find a less than impressive sales man ( 22 year old kid with tat's all over his neck and pitch black hair ) that left me with a less than confident impression. I knew more about the product than him.

Someone tell me why I should consider the $40k plus station wagon? I think if incentives ever kick in ( which I'm led to believe that there is no haggling with Saturn ) then the Acadia will be the better deal at what I believe will come in about $35k a year from now for the same loaded model.

Don't get me wrong.... LOVE ( TO THE OBSESSED POINT ) the look of this vehicle and is ideal for what I want, but I was directed to this as to the similarities in the Tahoe that I have viewed and the improved gas mileage.

Never spent this much on a car and that may be fueling my concern.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bkerrpdx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bkerrpdx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bkerrpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:24 PM   #8
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if the prices were released in Canada.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
gmhashope
gmhashope is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

I think the XE should have started about a thousand or two less and the XR should top out at $35,000. I'm a little worried if it tops out at $42,000.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than liked for who I'm not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmhashope's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmhashope reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmhashope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:28 PM   #10
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

IMO a loaded Outlook XR at $42k isn't going to be a big seller. Gas prices will start raising again in a few months. IMO the Outlook is not going to be a big seller for Saturn.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:38 PM   #11
ffballid
ffballid is on a distinguished road

I'm Out.

I have really been looking forward to the Outlook. The pricing just killed my interest. Optioned how I want it, it will price for $37,194 (& that means skipping the sunroof). This is just too much. I have been checking this forum daily, hoping to see the price. I actually need a new vehicle now, but I had been waiting for this one. I'm now moving on.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the looks of the thing A LOT, but for me the thing is about 2K overpriced. It is just not rational for me. If I want to save money, for $32,048 I can get an AWD XLE limited Toyota Sienna van & have all the functionality of the Outlook & put the $5k difference in the bank.

On the other end, the Outlook is within 3K either of the Acura MDX (the Saturn's nice but not Acura nice) or a very nicely optioned Chevy Tahoe. If I'm going to reach for the Outlook, I might as well skip it & go for the Acura & be assured of the Honda reliability.

I guess that eventually GM might put some incentive $ on the thing & have it go for less, but I canít wait that long. I REALLY wanted to buy GM this time. They missed me again. I do wish them luck & I hope that GM is able to move them at this cost.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ffballid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ffballid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ffballid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #12
bkerrpdx
bkerrpdx is on a distinguished road

Default I'm with him ^

.... my thoughts exactly. I'm ready to buy now.... but have been waiting for this to roll out. Now I find myself looking at other vehicles because GM is missing an opportunity. I looked at the CX-9, and I can already build one on their site, COMPLETELY loaded ( including bluetooth, rear camera and more ) and it prices out at about $38k which is about $4k less than what I added up above. As with the previous guy, I really wanted to buy GM... and they need to take note that you can not price domestic products like you do imports. Looks like they're losing 2 people right here because of poor pricing and lethargic roll out. I like the looks of the outlook better than everything else.... but that MSRP has got to go if that is what it is.

Besides.... who will not smirk at me spending $40k on a Saturn????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bkerrpdx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bkerrpdx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bkerrpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #13
zach471
zach471 is on a distinguished road

Look, at $40,000, there are many features on this vehicle that its competitors do not have. DVD, Navigation, Skylights, more power, more space, xenon headlamps. All are better than the competition. It makes sense to me, setting aside the brand name, that this thing would cost a bit more. But, I agree, I'm not sure the market will support a 40k+ Saturn right now. That said, most people will probably wind up in the cost sweet spot of around 30-32k.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zach471's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zach471 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zach471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:04 AM   #14
hedges1
hedges1 is on a distinguished road

I fully understand wanting the thing to be cheaper. The starting price is right but the options pile on faster than they should for sure...but if I see one more person say "I can almost get a Tahoe" then GET A TAHOE! There's plenty of low mileage used Tahoes out there for those that want an oversized gas guzzler. CUV's are NOT being built as a low cost alternative to SUV's, they're built with drive quality and better efficiency in mind. Also, if you're cool with driving a minivan then by all means do it, because it's going to be a much more useful vehicle for 99% of what you'll be doing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hedges1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hedges1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hedges1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:31 AM   #15
oicu812
oicu812 is on a distinguished road

I think the base price is good given what you get. While the >$40K is scary, I think I actually prefer the 'a la carte' approach to options. On a lot of cars these days, in order to get the better mechanicals you need to upgrade to a higher package that includes stuff you might not really need. Given that there's no mechanical diffs from low to high end here, maybe it's a good thing.

While we're on the subject, what's the attraction to all the "fully loaded" (high profit margin) items being thrown into cars these days? <crank mode on> Why pay $1300 for built-in DVD when you can get a decent off-the-shelf portable for $200? Likewise Navigation? Unless you travel for a job to new towns every day, most people drive the same routes over and over. Why pay $2000 when a road atlas can be had for $20? Sunroofs? Cupholders? 1000-watt stereos? <crank off>

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oicu812's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oicu812 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oicu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #16
MJD1001
MJD1001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicu812

While we're on the subject, what's the attraction to all the "fully loaded" (high profit margin) items being thrown into cars these days? <crank mode on> Why pay $1300 for built-in DVD when you can get a decent off-the-shelf portable for $200? Likewise Navigation? Unless you travel for a job to new towns every day, most people drive the same routes over and over. Why pay $2000 when a road atlas can be had for $20? Sunroofs? Cupholders? 1000-watt stereos? <crank off>
I totally agree. One of the most frustrating things for me when I'm buying a new car is it is VERY HARD to get a model off the lot that isn't loaded with $3,000+ of options that I don't want....and in many cases wouldn't even care for if there was no charge for them.

When I buy a GM car, I often have to order it special because I don't want a moonroof. Try finding a non-base level car (G6 GTP or G5 GT coupe, Monte Carlo SS or LT, HHR LT) without a moonroof...good luck. (you might stumble on one as we did with our HHR, but it was very difficult).

$2000 for a nav system in some of these cars? I know it's easy to pay for it when you bundle it into a monthly payment...but heck, I'll go without it and instead buy a brand new high defintion 50 inch DLP television for that price!

I realize dealers and GM want to sell uplevel cars with options because it is more profit, but I just don't get the appeal of having so many fully loaded cars on the lots these days. I guess it's just me, just I don't get it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MJD1001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MJD1001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MJD1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #17
Blackwidow
Blackwidow is on a distinguished road

OOOOOHHHH!!! MMMMY!!!! GGGOOOSHHHH!

I was whinning about the Outlook, fiending actually. (Still is.)

However, I simply can not afford the Outlook. My husband and I bought our 2007 Chevy Tahoo for less than 41,000 (fully loaded w/o navigational system) and that is with my grandmother's (retired GM Employee) employee discount and incentives. Plus, I just purchased the Relay 3 fully loaded for under 31,000 (PAID IN FULL, no car loan w/discount). If I trade in the Relay for the Outlook when the it comes out. I still would not be able to afford it.

Well all I can say is give me three years I will be able to purchase the Outlook then. (Because it will be less expensive as a Saturn Certified Used Car.)

The Outlook Is Still My Obsession. I'll get a new one when I grow up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Blackwidow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Blackwidow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Blackwidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #18
SaturngirlSc2
SaturngirlSc2 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I am going to cry !!!

I wanted this Outlook so bad, but even without the navigation, it is way too expensive. Gosh, my Vue that I had to roll in some negative equity with, came out to $29k (for a 04 FWD v6, all power, no sunroof which I miss more than anything) and my payment was about $476 (for 6 years - don't flame me - I am a Saturn Fiend and I know that was stupid)... After 2 yrs, my VUE is only worth 11k at trade in with 38k miles.

My point being, for a 40k car, that would be a $700 a month payment. OUCH!!!!!

So, my sales rep told me to wait till 0% financing came out - well maybe that and some MAJOR Saturn Loyalty love - which is going for about $750 at my retailer now... NOPE...

I will wait - As much as I want it I want to NOT live with my MIL for the rest of my natural life so a certified saturn it is - UNLESS I win the lottery tonight.

Laura

04 Black FWD Vue, 36k miles as of today 9/11/06,
Can't wait for the Outlook.. My doggies are getting bigger and they need a bigger truck :-)

"When you fail to plan, you plan to fail".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturngirlSc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturngirlSc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturngirlSc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #19
KenSatrun
KenSatrun is on a distinguished road

Okay....I go to Chevy's site and a fully loaded Tahoe is over $53k. Seems pretty darn rich to me! Is that what everyone is going to shop an Outlook against? Did everyone plan on buying a fully loaded AWD Outlook with HID headlamps, Navigation and DVD, dual sunroof, etc?

I'd get an XR FWD, add in leather and advanced audio, and I've got a very nice vehicle for $32,370. It's certainly better than a loaded Relay 3 at $31k, especially when I look at all the equipment/options included at this price. Not far from a Pilot EX-L at $31,945 - and I sure as heck think the Outlook looks better than that vehicle. I've seen the inside in person, and it really makes the Pilot seem utilitarian.

Now...what do I get in my Outlook the Pilot doesn't have....
18" wheels vs. the puny 16" on the Honda
A real rear HVAC system
OnStar
Rear Seat Audio
Actual legroom for the third row, and some useful storage behind the 3rd row.

I'm sure I'm missing more that I'll find once I get an Outlook brochure in hand (or the website gets all the specs).

Heck, a loaded Ford Explorer is $43k! Of course they have to put tons of money on them these days.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KenSatrun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KenSatrun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KenSatrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #20
silverblueL200
Advanced Member
silverblueL200 is on a distinguished road

I think the prices are pretty reasonable. I mean its pretty much the same price range (26K - 43K) as the vehicles they are replacing (Envoy, Rainier). I imagine most of the ones you will find at your local dealership will be in the low 30's.

- 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster. -Stewie Griffin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverblueL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silverblueL200 is offline   Reply With Quote