SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
24outlook24
24outlook24 is on a distinguished road

Default GMC announces prices for Acadia

This might help give us an idea of what the Outlook might come in at for pricing......

I found this at gm.com under GM news:

All-New GMC Acadia Offers Generous List of Standard Equipment in a Package Priced Under $30,000

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 24outlook24's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 24outlook24 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
24outlook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
24outlook24
24outlook24 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: GMC announces prices for Acadia

sorry...heres the link

http://www.gm.com/company/news_events/press_releases/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 24outlook24's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 24outlook24 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
24outlook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
zach471
zach471 is on a distinguished road

This is interesting. I imagine the Outlook should be a few thousand less, but also very well equipped.

I thought we'd see Outlook first, since I thought it was being released first...

Anyway, this is my first post, so HELLO everybody. Long time lurker, first time poster. 2006 Vue Owner.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zach471's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zach471 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zach471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
Njerald
Njerald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach471
This is interesting. I imagine the Outlook should be a few thousand less, but also very well equipped.

I doubt it.

The base Outlook only lacks fog lights and luggage rack side rails that the base GMC has.

That plus a few hundred dollars for the different model shouldn't make $1,000 of difference!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Njerald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Njerald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Njerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
Njerald

from Autoblog.com............

UPDATE: Our buddy Dave over at Kicking Tires has posted the base price for the AWD model, which comes in at $31,990. Dave also notes that the announced pricing for both the FWD and AWD models includes a $735 destination charge.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Njerald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
nmmiller
nmmiller is on a distinguished road

Thats a good price for the AWD. So the FWD may be around 26-27K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nmmiller's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nmmiller reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nmmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
Njerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmiller
Thats a good price for the AWD. So the FWD may be around 26-27K

What?

Didn't you read the Acadia press release?????????????????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
ffballid
ffballid is on a distinguished road

How will the Saturn "no haggle" pricing play into the Saturn's MSRP? I see that the Acadia FWD is listed at, $29,990, but I've never paid sticker for a car in my life. I would thus assume that I can get the Acadia (absent huge popularity & shortages) for something less than the 30K. As I understand it, though, I will pay full sticker for the Saturn. This seems to be not a good deal. It seems that there is just more margin in the Saturn line than the others.

(all data from Edmunds.com) For example, the Epsilon based Malibu invoice is 95% of its sticker price. The invoice of the also Epsilon based Aura is about 95.2% of sticker (pretty close), but keep in mind you pay the whole sticker for the Aura, while the normal transaction price for the Malibu is actually 97.1% of sticker. It thus seems you pay 2.9% more by percentage of invoice for the Saturn than the Chevy.

OK, Aura is new and hot, what about the Terraza/Relay vehicles (both "seasoned"):

Relay invoice is 94.5% of sticker. The Terraza invoice is 93.45% of sticker. The Relay costs 100% of sticker, while the Terraza's normal transaction price is 94.5% of sticker. This is a 5.5% difference (on a $30K car, this difference amounts to $1,650 -some real money).

I know the Saturn is supposed to be the "low end" (but I actually like its looks best) of the Lambdas, so it is supposed to be priced less. The question in my mind is whether the acquisition cost will be comparatively too high as opposed to invoice when compared with the other Lambdas. (i.e., even though it may be the least expensive, it may be the worst “deal”).

In my town, the same dealership sells Saturn, Buick & GMC. I cannot imagine the overall experience will be all that different between brands. Why pay the premium for the Saturn, then?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ffballid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ffballid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ffballid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #9
Backman
Backman is on a distinguished road

So a out the door price on an Acadia base will be $28500.00 (-5%) plus Tax and Tags?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Backman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Backman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Backman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:20 PM   #10
Njerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backman
So a out the door price on an Acadia base will be $28500.00 (-5%) plus Tax and Tags?
Manufacturers invoice will be ~$28,100.

Advertising may be $300-400 on top of that.

Depends how good a buyer you are!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #11
ffballid
ffballid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backman
I'm not an auto dealer, but I sure wouldn't think you could get one for that right away. I have to think supply & demand will be at work, here. If the Acadia is moving briskly & dealers are having trouble keeping them in stock, the average transaction price will probably be closer full sticker. How close will depend on demand.

I think the Terraza is being moved at such a high discount because it is so tired. I just used the Terraza as an example of the margins on the Buick vs. the Saturn. The Terraza is old (and was of debatable goodness in any event - The headline of Car & Driver's review of the Terraza was "Will GM ever take minivans seriously?" (C&D, March, 2005)).

Just for comparison’s sake, I wanted to see how much a perennial best seller was discounted, so I checked (again at Edmunds.com) the Toyota Camry & it is selling for 98.5% of sticker.

What shocked me, though was how much the new 1997 Chevy Tahoe is being discounted. This also new model is being sold at 93% of invoice, without counting rebate. It looks like the Tahoe is selling for around 90 % of invoice after counting the rebate!

Does anyone know how to get historical data (i.e., what the transactional price was right after launch to see how much one could save by waiting)?

In any event, if you are an “early adopter”, I’d guess (and I mean guess) you’ll pay more that you would if you wait a little while (barring supply side variables such as parts shortages).

Finally, does anyone have an answer about my #8 post above? Allow me to restate more succinctly: It just seems that Saturn “retailers” just get to sell at a much higher margin than their GM brethren. If this is so, why? (i.e. why would I not take advantage of a discount on a Buick or GMC instead of paying full boat on the Saturn?)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ffballid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ffballid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ffballid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:35 AM   #12
Njerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballid
I'm not an auto dealer, but I sure wouldn't think you could get one for that right away. I have to think supply & demand will be at work, here. If the Acadia is moving briskly & dealers are having trouble keeping them in stock, the average transaction price will probably be closer full sticker. How close will depend on demand.

I think the Terraza is being moved at such a high discount because it is so tired. I just used the Terraza as an example of the margins on the Buick vs. the Saturn. The Terraza is old (and was of debatable goodness in any event - The headline of Car & Driver's review of the Terraza was "Will GM ever take minivans seriously?" (C&D, March, 2005)).

Just for comparison’s sake, I wanted to see how much a perennial best seller was discounted, so I checked (again at Edmunds.com) the Toyota Camry & it is selling for 98.5% of sticker.

What shocked me, though was how much the new 1997 Chevy Tahoe is being discounted. This also new model is being sold at 93% of invoice, without counting rebate. It looks like the Tahoe is selling for around 90 % of invoice after counting the rebate!

Does anyone know how to get historical data (i.e., what the transactional price was right after launch to see how much one could save by waiting)?

In any event, if you are an “early adopter”, I’d guess (and I mean guess) you’ll pay more that you would if you wait a little while (barring supply side variables such as parts shortages).

Finally, does anyone have an answer about my #8 post above? Allow me to restate more succinctly: It just seems that Saturn “retailers” just get to sell at a much higher margin than their GM brethren. If this is so, why? (i.e. why would I not take advantage of a discount on a Buick or GMC instead of paying full boat on the Saturn?)
I won't pay more than $300 over dealer invoice for any vehicle.

I bought my last car ('07 Camry XLE) for $300 over invoice the first week they came out. If I bought one now (7 months later), I wouldn't pay more than $150 over. and none of that dealer add-on crAP EITHER.

The Saturn may have a lower MSRP than the GMC but I really don't care.

If they won't discount then it will be an Acadia, CX-9, or Veracruz.

They are just a depreciating asset (pile of metal, plastic and rubber).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #13
gmhashope
gmhashope is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

I thought GM was supposed to release the Outlook prices sometime this week. I would like to see the XE start at $26,000. The Acadia looks very upscale as do all the Lambda models.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than liked for who I'm not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmhashope's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmhashope reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmhashope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #14
Njerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhashope
I thought GM was supposed to release the Outlook prices sometime this week. I would like to see the XE start at $26,000.
It will.... just minus wheels, tires and interior.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:42 PM   #15
gmhashope
gmhashope is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njerald
It will.... just minus wheels, tires and interior.
Yea, just like when everyone said the V6 Aura would start at no less than $22,000. I think we know how that turned out.

Oh btw, if you think an interior, wheels, and tires only cost $2,000 ... well you have a lot of issues.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than liked for who I'm not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmhashope's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmhashope reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmhashope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #16
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njerald
I won't pay more than $300 over dealer invoice for any vehicle.
Then I guess you wont be buying a BMW anytime soon...

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KrgION03 is offline   Reply With Quote