SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 02:28 PM   #1
Turbo022B
Turbo022B is on a distinguished road

Default 95 SL1 Modifications

Right now i have a SLOW 95 SL1. I am about ready to put a K&N drop in filter on it and cut the bttom of the box out. Are there any other cheap and easy Modifications i can do to it to make have just a little more kick???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Turbo022B's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Turbo022B reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2002, 09:17 PM   #2
THX712517

Bosh Platinum +4 spark plugs. I know it doesn't sound like they do a lot, and they don't give you an extra 20HP, but it's a noticeable kick in the butt when you floor it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to THX712517's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help THX712517 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 04-20-2002, 06:58 PM   #3
92NOSSL2
92NOSSL2 is on a distinguished road

Platinum plugs are good for longevity, but there is no Doubt that a Copper plug will give you the most performance.

I recommend a Direct HIts ignition upgrade, I am a unbiased witness to the fact that they work on the street! Car A lost always in a 1-3 gear race, Car A got Direct Hits, Car B came back from many test runs with a frown and money in hand for his set Thats around 130 for a setup.

Otherwise releasing a little back pressure with a good muffler could open up a lil more power throughout the rpm band. $30 and some time.

Cheapest, run a can of Sensor safe Fuel Injection cleaner (Carb cleaner but for TBI cars) through the motor, removing oil from pcv system and carbon on tb and intake runner can really make a difference, thats only $4

Email me if you want anymore info, Im constantly helping SOHC owners out, Saturnwit220hp@yahoo.com

Peace
Fonzo

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 92NOSSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 92NOSSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2002, 08:05 PM   #4
gsxspeedlab
gsxspeedlab is on a distinguished road

hmmm... i'm pretty happy with my SL1. i don't know how many HP i'm running, but i've taken some modded accords and other stuff like taht. i'm going to have to get those Direct Hits though. i wasn't sure if they were a scam or not. do you know what kind of gains it gives you?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gsxspeedlab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gsxspeedlab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2002, 08:44 PM   #5
gsxspeedlab
gsxspeedlab is on a distinguished road

oh yeah. all i have is an OBX intake, JE plug wires, and straight through exhaust. i like it. can't wait for the turbo kit their designing for it. without a DOHC swap.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gsxspeedlab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gsxspeedlab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread