SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Events
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #1
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1
Default BIG Saturn meet - WI / IA October 14-15

We currently have 23 people planning to show up for this meet. Right now it looks like Saturday, October 14 will be a day of fun & hanging out in Platteville, WI, and Sunday the 15th will be a track day at Earlville, IA.

Would love to have as many people as possible show up - let me know if you would like to know more about it. purdueguy1@gmail.com

I'll try to check back here, but can't promise - I'm on a lot of Saturn forums & can't check 'em all all of the time.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
axe9
axe9 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BIG Saturn meet - WI / IA October 14-15

I might show up! Oct 14th is my Birthday so I''ll have it off work, and that's only about two hours away from me it looks like. Will think about it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to axe9's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help axe9 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
axe9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #3
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

26 people, 9 racing...

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
SpeedyIon
SpeedyIon is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I'll probably be there, that is if bc3tech makes it.

2004 Saturn Ion-2 QC
www.ionforums.net - Forum For Saturn Ion Owners

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SpeedyIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SpeedyIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SpeedyIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #5
PurdueGuy
Master Member

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyIon
I'll probably be there, that is if bc3tech makes it.
Well, he's on the "definately going" list, so should I add you to that, or the maybe category? Will you race if you go? (it's $40) Would you go just sunday (track day), or saturday and sunday?

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-13-2006, 08:29 AM   #6
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

maybe should update my list membership to "definitely going if he's got f/i" otherwise "maybe" or "no" if he's in denver getting it done.

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #7
SpeedyIon

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueGuy
Well, he's on the "definately going" list, so should I add you to that, or the maybe category? Will you race if you go? (it's $40) Would you go just sunday (track day), or saturday and sunday?
For me, purdue, put me down for maybe. If I do end up coming then I WILL be racing. And in the way of what days, it looks like it would probably be Saturday and Sunday.

Now I just have to wait for bc3tech to get his **** together so we can figure this out. LOL...just kidding!

2004 Saturn Ion-2 QC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SpeedyIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #8
bc3tech
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
For me, purdue, put me down for maybe. If I do end up coming then I WILL be racing. And in the way of what days, it looks like it would probably be Saturday and Sunday.

Now I just have to wait for bc3tech to get his **** together so we can figure this out. LOL...just kidding!
Bah!

the blower i'm getting was sent back to be re-clocked for my application and ATI decided hell, let's just make him a new one. So i'm getting a completely new blower for the discounted price that speedmafia advert'd for on here. pretty good deal. however, it extends the time until i get it

+rep always appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-13-2006, 10:20 PM   #9
PurdueGuy
Master Member

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech
Bah!

the blower i'm getting was sent back to be re-clocked for my application and ATI decided hell, let's just make him a new one. So i'm getting a completely new blower for the discounted price that speedmafia advert'd for on here. pretty good deal. however, it extends the time until i get it
That mean your car won't be in pieces and you'll be free to come to the meet? And would that be both days?

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #10
bc3tech
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Here's how I'm thinking about it:

"No" - If I'm in denver getting the build done that weekend. Right now we're gunning for the first weekend in Oct so it looks like I should be there, but this is contingency planning. This is also the answer if something goes wrong (good god I hope not) after the build.

"Maybe" - If I don't have the build done by then, and am not going to be out in denver getting it done.

"Yes" - If the build is done and all is going well, and I'm ready to kick some ass at the track.

However, I'm planning on only doing track day right now. So 15th - not the 14th. This could change if wife decides she wants to come along. Or if I feel like actually dealing w/ socialization involving Mr Shaolin.

+rep always appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-14-2006, 10:23 PM   #11
PurdueGuy
Master Member

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

Quote:
Here's how I'm thinking about it:

"No" - If I'm in denver getting the build done that weekend. Right now we're gunning for the first weekend in Oct so it looks like I should be there, but this is contingency planning. This is also the answer if something goes wrong (good god I hope not) after the build.

"Maybe" - If I don't have the build done by then, and am not going to be out in denver getting it done.

"Yes" - If the build is done and all is going well, and I'm ready to kick some ass at the track.

However, I'm planning on only doing track day right now. So 15th - not the 14th. This could change if wife decides she wants to come along. Or if I feel like actually dealing w/ socialization involving Mr Shaolin.
Sounds fair. Keep in mind, also, that there should be plenty of people there on Saturday besides Nathan (Shaolin), so if you two don't get along, you can avoid him & still have plenty of people to talk to.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-15-2006, 03:07 AM   #12
OTownIon
OTownIon is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

If it werent a 2 1/2 hour drive i would come down just to meet some of you guys... i was down in that area august 13th for a tiburon meet...
it was a long drive even with other people... i cant imagine doing it myself

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OTownIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OTownIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OTownIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:50 AM   #13
SpeedyIon

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownIon
If it werent a 2 1/2 hour drive i would come down just to meet some of you guys... i was down in that area august 13th for a tiburon meet...
Man, 2 1/2 hours is nothing for a drive. If I would attend it would be a 4 hour drive. That alone is supposed to be part of the fun, getting out of your comfort zone and just going for it, enjoying the scenery along the way. I personally just went on a trip up to Fargo for last weekend. Loved every minute of it, a good way to get away.

I guess a 4 hour trip doesn't bother me that much since I'm used to yearly 17 hour trips out to PA. Much slower but much cheaper than flying. But thats just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueGuy
...Nathan (Shaolin), so if you two don't get along, you can avoid him & still have plenty of people to talk to.
bc3tech needs to get over this. Just my opinion.

2004 Saturn Ion-2 QC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-15-2006, 09:23 AM   #14
PurdueGuy
Master Member

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

2 1/2 is an easy drive - I've got 5 1/2 (probably more since there will be delays...) We've got a caravan going from Indiana to the Chicago area, and over to Platteville - about a half dozen cars right now. Right now the route is looking at going through Madison, WI if you wanted to meet up with people there, take a break until the caravan arrives, and head to the meet. We haven't planned a caravan back yet, but could probably do something. You should come & meet everyone, OTown.

It's starting to look like a simmilar caravan may be able to form coming from MN/upper WI, too.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #15
Speed Mafia
Speed Mafia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bah!

i have not checked my IM as of yet but the new blower should be at the shop shortly...... ATI is putting the blower under your name with a new serial number as well.

I will post something or IM or call you when i hear more so you got a new blower for a used blower price...BC3Tech FTW!

Also if we can get the car in friday night and have the fuel system installed, blower bracket and piping and FMIC and all air/fuel gauges are working and fuel pressure is working fine we can tune that same night and get you out the next day!

not making promises but that is my goal!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Speed Mafia's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Speed Mafia reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Speed Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #16
bc3tech
Master Member

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

^^^^ da man

+rep always appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #17
hemken
hemken is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownIon
You should go dude. Im from shawano and its gonna be about 3 1/2 hours for me. The more the better!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hemken's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hemken reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hemken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #18
SpeedyIon

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Well, I regret to say that I won't be making it to the meet. I've had some financial matters arise that prevent me from having the money to make the trip down. Basically, I have to prevent the loss of my car. Sorry guys, really wanted to go but can't.

2004 Saturn Ion-2 QC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-15-2006, 05:39 PM   #19
OTownIon
OTownIon is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Hmmmm... mabey if i can get a friend to come and i have some cash to spare by that time ill go... the weekend after that is a tib meet in fond du lac... then a week after that im going to california. so idk if im gonna have the cash

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OTownIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OTownIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OTownIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:40 AM   #20
Wombatant
Wombatant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
bc3tech needs to get over this. Just my opinion.

I agree.

That's the problem with alot of people online. They take everything way too seriously!

I informed mr. bc3tech that nobody was going to port and polish his block, and he took it personally. I have absolutely no beef with him...just had a little bit of fun in one freakin thread...it's not like I followed him around and harassed him or really made fun of him at all, other than what I just said.

Way too much drama.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing him in person if he does go.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Wombatant's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Wombatant reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Wombatant is offline   Reply With Quote