SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2
Attention SKY Red Line FOR SALE!

I am trying to help out a fellow sales consultant at Saturn of Germantown in Memphis, TN. Here is a direct quote from him:

Please help me sell my baby. She has been shipped and will be here by the end of the month. 2007 SATURN RELINE SKY, $30,651 ( MANUAL TRANS, BLACK&TAN LEATHER, 6-DISC CD WITH MONSOON PREM SYSTEM, LIMITED SLIP DIFFENTIAL, XM SAT. RADIO, 18" POLISHED ALLOY WHEELS, THE EXTERIOR COLOR IS BLACK ONYX). This will require a $1,000 non-refund-able deposit, of course this car will be here shortly. Please contact Russ Valvo A.S.A.P. fisrt come first serve at 901-239-6760.

The customer who ordered this vehicle purchased an Aura on Wednesday and backed out of the Red Line SKY. We haven't had any luck finding someone out of our local pool of customers that is interested in the combination of colors and options. Please, if you or anyone you know is interested in this car, please call Russ. I can also provide a 1-800 number or email address for anyone who doesn't have the ability to call long distance. We know there is someone out there who would love to have this car, we just have to find them!

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: SKY Red Line FOR SALE!

Ebay! You'll sell it within a day I'd bet with a good "Buy It Now" price, and to someone desperate to have it!

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

I am amazed. I thought the Sky production was limited for the next model year and almost sold out already. Or have I been misinformed.

Tell Clappdaddy, he can sell anything.

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rossao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

If it was Chili Pepper red to match my Ion Red Line I might have considered it.

I bet this car will sell rather quickly seeing as most used base Skys have sold for $30,000.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #5
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

s-seriesguy - that's the problem we've been having. No one is interested in a black with tan top.

wolfman - the owner of our facility will not let us sell it on eBay.

rossao1 - ClapDaddy doesn't work at my facility. And we don't do dealer trades on SKYs.

As far as everyone is telling us, we are 'sold out' for the rest of the year. This car was ordered about 4 months ago. However, they have stepped up production a bit and we actually had two images open up last week for new orders, which was a pleseant suprise for us.

04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #6
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Re: SKY Red Line FOR SALE!

Hey Spazie,
You might want to post it in the SaturnFans.com SKY Classifieds section.

Good luck,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Sent it to SOT................we'll sell it before it arrives.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

$30+K seems a bit ambitious for a Sky. Granted, I really like the way it looks, but for a tad under $40k out the door you can get a Mallett Solstice (and probably a Sky these days) with a Corvette LS2 engine @ 400hp...complete with 2 year warranty. 0-60 in 4.2 secs. Yow!

It really is unfortunate that dealers are feasting on this short-term scarcity.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #9
jeep4523
jeep4523 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz
$30+K seems a bit ambitious for a Sky. Granted, I really like the way it looks, but for a tad under $40k out the door you can get a Mallett Solstice (and probably a Sky these days) with a Corvette LS2 engine @ 400hp...complete with 2 year warranty. 0-60 in 4.2 secs. Yow!

Cheers,
Buddy, that's just for the package, NOT INCLUDING THE CAR.

For a redline, that's pretty damned cheap.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting that decision.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jeep4523's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jeep4523 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jeep4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #10
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep4523
Buddy, that's just for the package, NOT INCLUDING THE CAR.

For a redline, that's pretty damned cheap.
Umm...no. The car itself is not included in the price and the "base" Mallett (Which provides the performance I quoted) is $19,995. MSRP on an '06 Solstice (plenty of those around now that the GXP is becoming available) is $19,915.

Mallett will also modify a Sky (if you can find one).

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #11
02OrangeSC2
02OrangeSC2 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY Red Line
2004 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazie
I am trying to help out a fellow sales consultant at Saturn of Germantown in Memphis, TN. Here is a direct quote from him:

Please help me sell my baby. She has been shipped and will be here by the end of the month. 2007 SATURN RELINE SKY, $30,651 ( MANUAL TRANS, BLACK&TAN LEATHER, 6-DISC CD WITH MONSOON PREM SYSTEM, LIMITED SLIP DIFFENTIAL, XM SAT. RADIO, 18" POLISHED ALLOY WHEELS, THE EXTERIOR COLOR IS BLACK ONYX). This will require a $1,000 non-refund-able deposit, of course this car will be here shortly. Please contact Russ Valvo A.S.A.P. fisrt come first serve at 901-239-6760.

The customer who ordered this vehicle purchased an Aura on Wednesday and backed out of the Red Line SKY. We haven't had any luck finding someone out of our local pool of customers that is interested in the combination of colors and options. Please, if you or anyone you know is interested in this car, please call Russ. I can also provide a 1-800 number or email address for anyone who doesn't have the ability to call long distance. We know there is someone out there who would love to have this car, we just have to find them!

Very very tempting, even though it's not my color choice. The only problem is I get GMS and I won't pay any more than that. And yes I know that I will probably have to wait a long time before a dealer will sell one for that, but I have 4 cars now, I can wait.

The most Saturn's in Erie County Ohio
96 SL2 Gold
96 SC2 Red
02 SC2 Orange
04 ION RL GM Stage 2 Electric Blue
07 SKY RL GM Stage Kit Silver Graphite
10 SKY RL Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02OrangeSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02OrangeSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02OrangeSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #12
nscrbug
nscrbug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazie

Try posting this info on the forum at www.skyroadster.com. I'm betting that there are plenty of takers over there....I know for a fact that there are tons of folks waiting on R/L's and would love the chance of snagging one now rather than a year from now.

Linda

Silver Pearl/Black Leather
Painted Alloys
Automatic
Monsoon 1 disc/XM
LSD
-------------------
Imaged 3/27/06
Order # GGL235
TPW 5/22/06
VIN# 3134
3800 - 5/30/06
Delivered 7/1/06

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nscrbug's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nscrbug reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nscrbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #13
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz

Cheers,
Everything I have seen is that it's about $20k on top of the price of the car for a Mallett SKY. I don't think they can keep their prices the same with the SKY prices going up. That would be stupid on their part.

$31k is the sticker price on the car. We aren't inflating it. It is what it is. When the SKY is as popular as it is, people will buy it at just about any price.

I'm going to post it in the classifieds and on skyroadster. It's already on skyredline.com but I think everyone on there has already ordered their Red Lines.

04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #14
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

I just wanted to post that the price was added INCORRECTLY.

When Russ added up the options he somehow missed the cost of the 6 disc player.

The correct price is: $31,176.

I will be posting a Classified ad shortly.

Oh, and skyroadster.com sucks. So if anyone over there wants it, they'll have to find out some other way, appearently, because the forum owner doesn't seem interested in helping people get the available units.

04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #15
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Classified ad is now up:

http://www.saturnfans.com/classified...ate/1156194041

Be sure to direct people to it if you know someone interested!

04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-15-2006, 11:01 AM   #16
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

This vehicle was sold last night.

Thanks to everyone for their interest.

04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!