SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
SaturngirlSc2
SaturngirlSc2 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default will the outlook in teaser brochure be "the Outlook"

Help,

I saw the teaser brochure and absolutely loved the Outlook. It has a great style and especially those mirrors with the blinkers (aka Mercedes Benz look).

However, as with all things, I looked at the Outlook on the Saturn site, and it doesn't look like the same one :-(

Will they have the blinkers or not???

Thanks,

Laura (aka Saturngirl)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturngirlSc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturngirlSc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturngirlSc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
oicu812
oicu812 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: will the outlook in teaser brochure be "the Outlook"

If you look in the "Order/Reference guide thread" posted a while back, and open the attached Outlook.pdf, you can see the complete listing of options/features.

The outside mirrors you speak of are included on the Outlook XR.

I like them too, not because they have turn indicators, but rather that they're heated. I'm tired of mirrors freezing over in storms.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oicu812's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oicu812 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oicu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturngirlSc2
(aka Mercedes Benz look)
YOu what I've noticed? (Now call me crazy if you want) The Outlook has more than just the mirrors in common with teh MErcedes-Benz ML. I've seen it twice (at night mind you) and I could have sworn for a second it was the Outlook I had to do a double take. (Living where I do, I occasionally see new stuff, long before it's out. I saw a four door Jeep last Feb.) I haven't noticed it during the day so much, only as night it seems that the shape is very similar.
So do you all think I'm crazy?

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
robertburns3
robertburns3 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Uzzy:

I cannot comment on the looks aside from the mirrors matching, but the great thing about this vehicle is that it will be twice as reliable as the MB, get better mileage and you will be able to purchase 2.5 Outlooks for the cost of an MB.

Former Saturn salesperson...love the cars, hated the boss.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robertburns3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robertburns3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
robertburns3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
SaturngirlSc2
SaturngirlSc2 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Guys this is bad. Now I am waayyy too excited over this!!!! I really never thought that I would go for the Outlook, kind of like I always thought I didn't like the Vue styling - It kind of grew on me.

Now, if I can just convince hubby. Although, for everything that is on it, I am afraid of what it might cost. I got my 04 Vue V6 FWD, Auto, heated seats, power, and just regular everything else and the sticker was 25k.

What is this one going to do to my wallet? Anyone want to wager a guess?/

And, who did they send the teaser brochure to? I have had over 10 saturns and look at my email (Saturngirl@iwon.com). I didn't get one :-(

I guess I should wait to reserve judgement till I see it in person, although I can tell you that my main problem is going to be the wood - I hate wood!! I like the metallic silver.

Can't wait for it... I want to rush down to my retailer now - but I won't... I will just prolong it till I need an oil change in about 2 weeks..

Laura

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturngirlSc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturngirlSc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturngirlSc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Re: will the outlook in teaser brochure be "the Outlook"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturngirlSc2
And, who did they send the teaser brochure to?
I got mine in the mail about a month and a half ago. You might want to contact Saturn Corp to see if there's any left that they can send you. The brochure also includes an overview of the AURA.

Hope that helps,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #7
04AWDV6VUE
04AWDV6VUE is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy
I saw a four door Jeep last Feb
Way off topic, but I love the new 4-door Wrangler. It is so cool, everything a Jeep should be, and with the convenience of the extra doors and you still can take the roof off. Plus there is a great deal of storage behind the seats as well, much more that I had initially thought.

'04 AWD V6 VUE - For Sale!
'00 SC2 (Former)

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=845871#post845871

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04AWDV6VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04AWDV6VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04AWDV6VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #8
Blackwidow
Blackwidow is on a distinguished road

I saw the Saturn Outlook this pass weekend at the Columbus Zoo. Wow!!! I have trying to see if can Pre-Order the Oulook since I saw it in the teaser brochure last month. Now I am like 'Animal' (from the 'Muppet Show') when he gets excited, 'WOMAN, WOMAN', but instead I say, 'OUTLOOK, OUTLOOK'. I am DEFINITELY ready to purchase the Outlook NOW.

Let RUSH up the Lansing, MI to the Saturn Plant and purchase the Outlook on the spot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Blackwidow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Blackwidow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Blackwidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 PM   #9
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow
Let RUSH up the Lansing, MI to the Saturn Plant and purchase the Outlook on the spot.
Do it! What are they gonna say? No? Well maybe. Yeah, they probably will. Maybe you should just keep bugging your Saturn sales rep.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 PM   #10
Njerald
Njerald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow
I saw the Saturn Outlook this pass weekend at the Columbus Zoo. Wow!!! I have trying to see if can Pre-Order the Oulook since I saw it in the teaser brochure last month. Now I am like 'Animal' (from the 'Muppet Show') when he gets excited, 'WOMAN, WOMAN', but instead I say, 'OUTLOOK, OUTLOOK'. I am DEFINITELY ready to purchase the Outlook NOW.

I'll wait until some Mazda CX-9 details are out first.

The Outlook is so heavy at 4,722 pounds for the FWD model.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Njerald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Njerald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Njerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #11
hedges1
hedges1 is on a distinguished road

The CX-7 weighs 4,000 pounds...I can't imagine the CX-9 is gonna be a lightweight by any means.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hedges1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hedges1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hedges1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #12
Njerald

Dizzy Re: will the outlook in teaser brochure be "the Outlook"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedges1
The CX-7 weighs 4,000 pounds...I can't imagine the CX-9 is gonna be a lightweight by any means.

The CX-7 FWD weighs 3,710 lbs!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Njerald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #13
hedges1
hedges1 is on a distinguished road

One less lineman. I apologize, I read the 4WD number. Still, how much heavier will a CX-9 have to be? Especially if it aims to offer as much room as the Acadia and Outlook?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hedges1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hedges1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hedges1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #14
Njerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedges1
One less lineman. I apologize, I read the 4WD number. Still, how much heavier will a CX-9 have to be? Especially if it aims to offer as much room as the Acadia and Outlook?
I would guess about 4,200 lbs based on the soon to be new Suzuki XL7 Luxury at 3,886 lbs.

The Outlook is 2" wider, 1.1" longer and 1.6" higher than the XL-9 and has leading cargo capacity (19.7/69/117) but the only exceptional people measurement is 3rd seat legroom (at the expense of 2nd seat legroom) and front shoulder room.

GM is still learning packaging. They them big and heavy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!