SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
JC2002SILVERSC2
JC2002SILVERSC2 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
Default lug caps

I recently had my new tires put on my car. Well the guy said he was done, I looked them over everything looked good and so I left. I live about 25 miles away from this tire place. When I got home I got out and looked at them again proud of my purchase and notices something. My front & rear right passenger lug caps on my car were missing. I was pissed, and got the reciept they gave me and I called them. They told me to read the bottom of the reciept. It states customer is required to tighten all lugs within 20mi of purchase. So im **** out of luck. I need some lug caps 2002 silver SC2. Thanks guys.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JC2002SILVERSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JC2002SILVERSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JC2002SILVERSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: lug caps

I'm pretty sure they're super cheap at the dealer. I've never had to buy them, I've always had a few kicking around when I needed them.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Yuh, and it's just a coincidence that the cutaway car in the dealership was missing its caps, right?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #4
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue
Yuh, and it's just a coincidence that the cutaway car in the dealership was missing its caps, right?
Actually as I said in the cut-away thread, I never saw one. Some of my best friend's are mechanics, and they always have a bunch, and parts cars are an excellent source as well.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
miadlor
miadlor is on a distinguished road

" It states customer is required to tighten all lugs within 20mi of purchase......"

B*ll S*it!...............I've never heard anything so insane.
Make it your hobby to make them reimburse you or call your local TV station and have them explain how a customer has to tighten they're own wheels.

(keep in mind that I always check hubcaps, lug nuts, and valve stem caps after my wheels are touched. I have never found everything tight to this day)

Crooks!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to miadlor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help miadlor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
miadlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
keithv1
keithv1 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

I just put new rims and tires on my car, broke 2 lug studs off because "BRAKE MASTERS, in chatsworth california on Topanga - yah YOU GUYS!!!" cross threaded my lugs with those super duper power tools of theirs.

But I just bought Tuner style lug nuts for 2 bux each, eight bux for the key...by the way, the lug studs were only 2 dollars aswell.

all in all, I was the last person to touch them because i was taking the tires off..had already done 2 tires..so, yah...I didnt get to make them pay. BUT...I'll tear them a new arse hole for sure.

but yah, lugs are cheap...but, you confuse me with this "lug caps" are they just caps that go over the lug nut? I find it hard to believe you got home and realized you were missing lug nutts...especially all of them on 2 wheells....call me crazy, but i think you would feel that whilst driving.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to keithv1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help keithv1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
keithv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #7
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

On the alloy (aluminum?) rims there are caps (1 per wheel) that have 4 "fake" lug nuts that screw onto the real lug nuts. I've got an extra set but I only know the exact place of 1 of them. 2 were holding a sunroof up on my deck,1 ran away and the other 2 should be somewhere in the "parts" pile.

They wouldn't need to be wrapped in newspaper would they when shipped? Don't know what they're worth either. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #8
JC2002SILVERSC2

2002 SC2

they are the grey caps that screw over the real lugs. I have the aluminum
15" wheels on my car. i stood there and watched him place all the lugs and the lug caps (not center rim cap). When I got home they were all gone on the front passenger and two on the rear passenger. If you could locate those i would be interested in them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help JC2002SILVERSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #9
keithv1

2000 SL2

i just took those off my car...you're talking the hubcaps. those little *****ers that keep em on. Smart idea with those hubs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help keithv1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-11-2006, 08:32 AM   #10
JC2002SILVERSC2

2002 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithv1
i just took those off my car...you're talking the hubcaps. those little *****ers that keep em on. Smart idea with those hubs.
same concept but there is no hubcap I have the tear drop style saturn 15" rim. Its just the lug nut with the cover.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #11
keithv1

2000 SL2

wild, i havent seen those. Thought you were reffering to the fake lug nutts on the hubcaps

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #12
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
wild, i havent seen those. Thought you were reffering to the fake lug nutts on the hubcaps
Yeah, a lot of GM cars have them. All they are are little plastic caps to go over the cheap, ugly lug nuts on the wheels. Both of my sister's SCx's have had them, my Sonoma had them. My SC1 has a little hub/center cap like what you described to hold the them on to cover the center of the factory aluminum wheel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 08-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
keithv1

2000 SL2

yes, the stock lugs are ugly as all hell. When i put these rims on...the stock lugs had to go, also the fact that they werent tappered enough to seat properly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #14
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
yes, the stock lugs are ugly as all hell. When i put these rims on...the stock lugs had to go, also the fact that they werent tappered enough to seat properly.
Mine didn't fit. I've got a center cap on these wheels too, so it doesn't matter what the lugs look like, but it's a tight hole for them to fit, so I have the spline drive lugs becuase that's what came with the wheels. I already broke one of the damn adaptor drives That's why I don't like them, but there isn't really anything else I can use in there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 08-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #15
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

I found all four. Three were kinda groady so I hosed 'em off. Want pics first? They'd have to wait till sunday, when I could upload 'em.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote