SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
BLUEION2
Advanced Member
BLUEION2 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan
Default sugar ants....

I have sugar ants in my car, on my car, and I'm sure under my car. It doesn't look like alot of them, but every once in a while, they pop up. Sometimes I'll see just a couple on the interior, and sometimes I'll see 15 or 20 at a time on the outside of the car. Other than spraying anything inside my car, does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of them? This only happens in the hotter weather. After I wash my car, I dont' usually see them for a while, but I know they're still there. I don't let anyone, for any reason, bring food or drink into my car, so I can't imagine what would make them want to be in my car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BLUEION2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BLUEION2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BLUEION2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #2
teebird
teebird is on a distinguished road

Default Re: sugar ants....

Use one of these.
http://www.terro.com/products.php?pr...iquid_ant_bait
This stuff is great. You'll have to put up with them for a day or two and they will be completely gone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to teebird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help teebird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
teebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
BLUEION2
Advanced Member
BLUEION2 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

thank you. I thought nobody would answer this thread. I'll give that a try.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BLUEION2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BLUEION2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BLUEION2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:27 AM   #4
Crystallas
Crystallas is on a distinguished road

I ran into this problem before, and I used boric acid around stratigic areas of the car, let the car sit over a day that you plan on not using it, then vacum out the powder.Its handy because not only will it kill the ants, but a list of other micro critters that you might not see or be able to see hiding.
Boric acid is pretty harmless and generally safe, but if used improperly, you could have negative effects. Read the labels before you uneccessarily powder up the entire interior.
You can buy it at hardware stores, some grocery stores and mega-mart type places.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Crystallas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Crystallas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
NOLA-Vue
NOLA-Vue is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
2006 VUE 2.2L

Could it be they are attracted to your dropped and forgotten freedom fries kicked up under the seats? At any rate, the ants are climbing up your tires to get to the various parts of your car. Buy a can of Raid or other ant killer and spray the ground all around each tire. You don't have to spray the tires and wheels, just the ground around them a few inches wide. That will put a stop to their fun! You won't even have to murderize 'em, since they will detect the spray and keep away, and so will the PETA people!

"The principle difference between a man and a dog is that if you take a dog in and make him prosperous, he won't bite you!" - Mark Twain

2008 Aura XE-4
2006 VUE 2.2L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NOLA-Vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NOLA-Vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NOLA-Vue is offline   Reply With Quote