SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
crj19
crj19 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default GMC Acadia revealed!

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/12/2...adia-revealed/

Check it out...

Former Saturn Salesperson....Out of autosales for good!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crj19's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crj19 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: GMC Acadia revealed!

Oooh I like it. I'd still prefer an Envoy because of it's truck roots. But if I had to drive a FWD crossover, I'd drive that.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

I wish I would have had another year on my previously lease, and I could be driving this instead of my Envoy XL that I leased 3 months ago. I love the Envoy, but the 25 MPG highway would be a lot easier to take than the 20 that the Envoy gets. It doesn't look like you sacrifice any room either. This or the Outlook will definately be contenders for my next lease in about 2 and a half years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
gmhashope
gmhashope is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Wow, the Acadia looks great. I love the interior and esp. the tailllights and headlights. Any word on pricing of the Acadia or Outlook yet?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmhashope's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmhashope reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmhashope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhashope
Wow, the Acadia looks great. I love the interior and esp. the tailllights and headlights. Any word on pricing of the Acadia or Outlook yet?

The Acadia interior really takes it to the next level, but outside it needs a bit more differentiation from the Outlook. Jerryguy started another Acadia thread going on Off Topic.
I wouldn't expect Outlook/Acadia pricing before December and Buick Enclave pricing until the first quarter of CY 2007.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #6
chrisl0
chrisl0 is on a distinguished road

I took a close look at it and I really like it even more than the Outlook, it even has a HUD which I really like. Just two questions when can I buy one and how much will it cost?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chrisl0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chrisl0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chrisl0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #7
Jordan
Jordan is on a distinguished road

one of the persons comments was---- i wish i could take the gmc interior with saturn exterior... first glance I kinda felt the same way.. but most likely the outlook will also get the metal look interior, so it will look WAY than the woodgrain, and not be too bad.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jordan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jordan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #8
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Wow...it's another case of the CSVs...it looks exactly like the Outlook with a different front end. Nothing exciting.

For the record, I think the Outlook is much classier.

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KrgION03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:12 AM   #9
Spanky
Spanky is on a distinguished road

I think the Acadia and Outlook both look great inside and out. I'd have to see the Acadia in person to make a call on which I like better. The only disappointment is how similar they look from the side. They actually have different sheet metal, but the difference is hardly noticeable. They might as well have used the same doors and fenders. I do like that the Acadia has a body colored C (or D?) pillar. The blacked-out back pillar on the Outlook gives the rear glass a unique wraparound look and I'm glad that the GMC has something different.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spanky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spanky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #10
chrisl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrgION03
Wow...it's another case of the CSVs...it looks exactly like the Outlook with a different front end. Nothing exciting.

They are not clones, the Acadia has a different interior, offers a HUD, has quad tail pipes (I hope that makes it to production), has that double sunroof, and the exterior looks different. The only thing that might be similar is the engine, transmission, AWD sytem and the nav/radio system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help chrisl0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:44 AM   #11
chrisl0

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #12
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrgION03

If they are exactly alike how can one be classier?

This is very far from the GM vans. Those are exactly the same except in the way the front grill is shaped and the lower panel trim on the exteriors, with different upholstery and some different types of trim. The only way the GM vans could be any simpler of a rebadge is if they shared the same front fascias and lower trim, and went by the same model name (Dodge/Plymouth Neon, Chevy/GMC Suburban).

These Lambdas, on the other hand, have completely different front fascias, different rear taillights, and different fenders/doors. The dashboards are very different, too.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #13
chrisl0

Yea I like how they make them look different for once they have done a good job of making them look unique with both features and style. I just though the GMC version would have a optional V-8 seems it didn't make it though. No matter the V-6 has enough power and great MPG. I know though some want a V-8.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 AM   #14
cdp326
Master Member

IIRC a V8 will be a late availability option.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #15
chrisl0

Oh I see, will it still come with the 6 speed auto and whats the HP and Torque if you know?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #16
cdp326
Master Member

It comes with the same 3.6 V6/6-speed auto combo that the Outlook comes with. All the articles I've seen say it has 267 hp and 247 lb-ft of torque.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #17
chrisl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326
It comes with the same 3.6 V6/6-speed auto combo that the Outlook comes with. All the articles I've seen say it has 267 hp and 247 lb-ft of torque.
Yea I know that, I mean the V-8 version.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-13-2006, 11:02 AM   #18
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
... They might as well have used the same doors and fenders. I do like that the Acadia has a body colored C (or D?) pillar. The blacked-out back pillar on the Outlook gives the rear glass a unique wraparound look and I'm glad that the GMC has something different.
From what i've been reading, the Acadia and Outlook do have the same doors (and roof) but every other exterior panel is different (hood, fenders, quarter panels, & bumper covers). And you're refering to the D-Pillar

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #19
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl0
Yea I know that, I mean the V-8 version.
It'll most likely be the one in the SS versions of the mid-size cars (Impala, Monte Carlo, Grant Prix, etc.) I believe it's a 5.3L, and I'm not sure of the output, but the SUV if equipped should be at least similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo
From what i've been reading, the Acadia and Outlook do have the same doors (and roof) but every other exterior panel is different (hood, fenders, quarter panels, & bumper covers).
Well, if you look at the side by side that precedes this post by a few, you'll notice that not even the doors are not the same at least on these showings. Maybe they will be for production to save costs, I don't know. The Outlook has some more deep cut countours to it, while the Acadian is a bit more subdued. But I looked again, and it could be angle of the pics, but I don't think so. I took a look at some Enclave pics again, and that one is still the shining star of this trio.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #20
chrisl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy
It'll most likely be the one in the SS versions of the mid-size cars (Impala, Monte Carlo, Grant Prix, etc.) I believe it's a 5.3L, and I'm not sure of the output, but the SUV if equipped should be at least similar.
I though Chevy was the only one to use that and only for cars. Thats good for the people that want all that power. I will stick with the V6 since it offers plenty of power with great gas mileage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!