SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
Newbee
Newbee is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn SL1

What is the difference between the body style of the 2000 Saturn SL And Saturn SL1?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Newbee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Newbee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2006, 06:38 AM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy will become famous soon enoughUzzy will become famous soon enough

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Saturn SL1

Some of the 2000 SLs had black vynil bumpers, but eventually they all switched to colour keyed. The passenger side morror might have been optional like the earlier models, but I'm not sure. That's about it really.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
Newbee
Newbee is on a distinguished road

The only reason I ask is...I am planning on putting on a body kit along with an exhaust and a cold air intake. But what I really want to know is there anything else I can do to my car to make it a little faster?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Newbee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Newbee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:43 AM   #4
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbee
The only reason I ask is...I am planning on putting on a body kit along with an exhaust and a cold air intake. But what I really want to know is there anything else I can do to my car to make it a little faster?
For an SL1? No. The CAI, and exhasut are pretty much it. There are no headers, a turbo would be pointless. The way to get more power out of it is put a motor out of an SL2, or SC2. A DOHC engine. They had 24 more HP, and a lot more aftermarket speed parts.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:45 AM   #5
Unabom
Unabom is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy
For an SL1? No. The CAI, and exhasut are pretty much it. There are no headers, a turbo would be pointless. The way to get more power out of it is put a motor out of an SL2, or SC2. A DOHC engine. They had 24 more HP, and a lot more aftermarket speed parts.

I beg to differ, putting a turbo (if you have the money) on is a great idea lol. But why do that when you could slap on the zex (http://www.zex.com/) nos on there add 55 hp and out run any stock dohc and its alot easier to install then a engine.

2000 blue saturn sl1
SOHC makes a fool of me when cold air is blowing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Unabom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Unabom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Unabom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:56 AM   #6
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabom
I beg to differ, putting a turbo (if you have the money) on is a great idea lol. But why do that when you could slap on the zex (http://www.zex.com/) nos on there add 55 hp and out run any stock dohc and its alot easier to install then a engine.
Putting on a turbo will net you the same performance as a stock DOHC. The engine swap is easier than fabricating a turbo header for an engine that's not worth it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 07-12-2006, 06:57 AM   #7
twosaturns
Master Member
twosaturns will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbee
so, do you have an SL or SL1? I HOPE it's not an AUTO SL1, at lest the SL would be a 5 speed.
a body kit will add weight and slow you down. why make a 4 dr 100hp car look like some waanabe boy racer poser? what's the point?

for the first time in 8 years, I don't own a saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to twosaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help twosaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
twosaturns is offline   Reply With Quote