SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
nate_03Ion
nate_03Ion is on a distinguished road

Default The 750 temporary workers at Spring Hill

I just thought i'd tell you guys, that this is very true.. http://www.saturnfans.com/Company/20...kers2006.shtml thats the link to the story if any of you missed it. My dad works at Spring Hill and he did get a referal form for refering a person for temp workers. I used my dad's form as well as my uncle's and two other friends my dad had. Well they called me to come take a written test . We had a choice of various days to come to spring hill and take a test. The test was a written test of job and safety related questions as well and some true/false questions, most of it was common sense and just picking what you think would be the best answer. They told us at the end that they will be hiring about 150 each week. If I pass the test they are supposed to call me at the beginning of next week and then they will call me in for a drug test, they are taking a hair test, i've been told that 1 out of 3 people will fail the drug test. 4 of my friends also got called. This is pretty exciting for me because I am a big fan of saturn and have always wanted to work there, now I just have to wait and hope I pass the written test, I have nothing worry about with the drug test, because I have always been clean. Will be getting paid 18.75 an hour.

Last edited by nate_03Ion; 06-14-2006 at 10:29 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nate_03Ion's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nate_03Ion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nate_03Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: The 750 temporary workers at Spring Hill

For those of you unfamiliar with a "Hair test" for drug use...

A "Hair Test" will detect things like marijuana, cocaine, opiates and meth. use even 6 MONTHS after the fact.

Standard urine tests are good for 4-35 days depending on the substance.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:58 AM   #3
kilcher
Advanced Member
kilcher is on a distinguished road

Awesome, good luck!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kilcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kilcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kilcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:04 AM   #4
scotted73
Advanced Member
scotted73 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Congrats on the possible employment at Saturn and being on the inside.

Thanks wolfman, I was wondering if they were going to look at hair style and length.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotted73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotted73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotted73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:16 AM   #5
LTS
Advanced Member
LTS is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman

A "Hair Test" will detect things like marijuana, cocaine, opiates and meth. use even 6 MONTHS after the fact.

Yea, that and it has to be the least intrusive test you can perform as well.

Good luck on the job.. sounds like something you want!

LTS!

<--- My avatar proves that people should be mindful of what they place on the Internet. She's gotta be proud!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LTS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LTS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #6
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

If you get hired do you sign a "confidentiality" agreement that keeps you from dishing the inside dirt?
Hope you get it. It still amazes me that there are people posting who actually have worked on the cars that I drive. Neat.
Hair test? No comb overs, mullets or see through bouffants for the men or beehives for the women ??? [Just joking I know about the hair test. Good for you for not having to worry about it. Simplifies your life that's for sure. Who needs the worry?]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:48 AM   #7
agoldslsaturn
agoldslsaturn is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
1995 SL2

Good luck! I hope you get the job and it is everything you could ask for!

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to agoldslsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help agoldslsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
agoldslsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #8
red96
red96 is on a distinguished road

Good luck on getting the job. They just started notifying people on Monday so if you were call this soon is a good sign. Over 4000 applications have been received for the 700+ jobs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to red96's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help red96 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
red96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #9
red96
red96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation84
If you get hired do you sign a "confidentiality" agreement that keeps you from dishing the inside dirt?

Inside dirt????? You watch too many movies, it's not that glamorous.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to red96's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help red96 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
red96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #10
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman

Actually, hair from the nape of the neck can be used to detect cocaine use for as long as a year prior to the test. A lot of companies are also quietly testing for smoking which is easy to test for with hair samples (they look for cotinine, which is a metabolite of nicotine) and can probably go back as long as a year as well.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #11
briansnoopy
briansnoopy is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation84
It still amazes me that there are people posting who actually have worked on the cars that I drive. Neat.
My sister works for Delphi, and makes the boards in our ECMs.

2015 Honda Civic Si
2006 Ion3 2.4 Coupe 5-sp "Orion"
2001 SC2 "Sharky"
1997 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to briansnoopy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help briansnoopy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
briansnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:58 PM   #12
nate_03Ion

Thanks for the good luck everyone, They told my group that was testing if we get chosen we would probably start the 26th of June. As far a them making us sign a confidentiality agreement, I dont think so. My dad has been working for GM for 23 years and has always been telling me and everyone else about stuff, of course there really isnt much that goes on inside there that everyone doesnt know about, I happened to get to go on a tour with my dad after the testing wednesday, because I had a a visitors pass for taking my test and my dad is a team leader and he had some free time, so he said for me to come on over to the plant and he would drive me around and give me a tour of it. It was pretty cool getting to watch the robots work, some of the stuff going on you couldnt even recognize like peices of metal the robots were welding. It was mostly like the undebody of the car and the floorpan and stuff like that. I seen a line of almost assembled Ions that went as far as you could see, they were installing the seat and all the interior. There are alot of sections of the plant where there is nothing but black frames with with wheels and seats. There was one section of nothing but painted bumpers stacked as high as you could see. We actually got to go outside and look at a bunch of new Hybrid Vues, as well as regular Vues and Ions, there were probably 120 new cars outside. We got to ride through the Paint section, doors, windsheild and back window install, door wiring, vehicle systems ( where they install speakers, shifters, all the internals) we rode past many painted doors and fenders, we passed carts full of shifters, pedals all kinds of stuff. It was pretty cool and I encourage any Saturn fan to visit a Saturn plant, it really shows you how everything is built and how it all comes together. Ok now for a couple things I seen that were new to me and i'm not sure if its something for the 2007 models or not, first we seen a Vue outside that has a new pearlescent paint on it, i'm not sure if this is a new paint color option or what. And second when we were looking at some of the Ions, I noticed a couple had Wheels on them that i've never seen before, they looked like custom wheels and were sorta like gunmetal, I know they have to be new because i've never seen or heard of them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help nate_03Ion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #13
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_03Ion
Thanks for the good luck everyone, They told my group that was testing if we get chosen we would probably start the 26th of June. As far a them making us sign a confidentiality agreement, I dont think so. My dad has been working for GM for 23 years and has always been telling me and everyone else about stuff, of course there really isnt much that goes on inside there that everyone doesnt know about, I happened to get to go on a tour with my dad after the testing wednesday, because I had a a visitors pass for taking my test and my dad is a team leader and he had some free time, so he said for me to come on over to the plant and he would drive me around and give me a tour of it. It was pretty cool getting to watch the robots work, some of the stuff going on you couldnt even recognize like peices of metal the robots were welding. It was mostly like the undebody of the car and the floorpan and stuff like that. I seen a line of almost assembled Ions that went as far as you could see, they were installing the seat and all the interior. There are alot of sections of the plant where there is nothing but black frames with with wheels and seats. There was one section of nothing but painted bumpers stacked as high as you could see. We actually got to go outside and look at a bunch of new Hybrid Vues, as well as regular Vues and Ions, there were probably 120 new cars outside. We got to ride through the Paint section, doors, windsheild and back window install, door wiring, vehicle systems ( where they install speakers, shifters, all the internals) we rode past many painted doors and fenders, we passed carts full of shifters, pedals all kinds of stuff. It was pretty cool and I encourage any Saturn fan to visit a Saturn plant, it really shows you how everything is built and how it all comes together. Ok now for a couple things I seen that were new to me and i'm not sure if its something for the 2007 models or not, first we seen a Vue outside that has a new pearlescent paint on it, i'm not sure if this is a new paint color option or what. And second when we were looking at some of the Ions, I noticed a couple had Wheels on them that i've never seen before, they looked like custom wheels and were sorta like gunmetal, I know they have to be new because i've never seen or heard of them.
Great stuff. Thanks.Hope you get hired.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #14
spork
spork is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz
Actually, hair from the nape of the neck can be used to detect cocaine use for as long as a year prior to the test. A lot of companies are also quietly testing for smoking which is easy to test for with hair samples (they look for cotinine, which is a metabolite of nicotine) and can probably go back as long as a year as well.
How does that work for someone that was in a smoky bar? Heck, I can remember going to a rock concert 30 years ago and the pot smoke was all over the place.

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #15
nate_03Ion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork
How does that work for someone that was in a smoky bar? Heck, I can remember going to a rock concert 30 years ago and the pot smoke was all over the place.

I to wondered that, but I suppose the evidence of you doing drugs actually grows in your hair at the root, so it comes from inside you body.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #16
black92sc
black92sc is on a distinguished road

1992 SC

Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I passed my test!!! I going to be the next Saturn employee!!!!! I go Monday for a drug test!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to black92sc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help black92sc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
black92sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #17
spork
spork is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_03Ion
I to wondered that, but I suppose the evidence of you doing drugs actually grows in your hair at the root, so it comes from inside you body.
Yeah, but you can't help but breathe it in. Christopher Reeve's wife died of lung cancer. She never smoked, but worked for years in smoky bars and night clubs.

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:56 PM   #18
Ritz
Master Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
You're safe from the occasional smoky bar. They're looking for levels of cotinine above a specific threshold. Cotinine is produced by your body after it metabolizes nicotine. So you could coat your hair in nicotine tar and still pass the test if you're a non-smoker. :-)

If you are in smoky bars enough to inhale a substantial amount of smoke, that could potentially cause a false positive if you do it habitually.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-16-2006, 01:57 PM   #19
Ritz
Master Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Yeah, but you can't help but breathe it in. Christopher Reeve's wife died of lung cancer. She never smoked, but worked for years in smoky bars and night clubs.
You can get lung cancer from any number of sources (or no apparent source at all). People associate it with smoking because it VASTLY increases the risk.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Old 06-16-2006, 07:06 PM   #20
nate_03Ion

Quote:
Originally Posted by black92sc
Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I passed my test!!! I going to be the next Saturn employee!!!!! I go Monday for a drug test!!

Congrats man, I also passed my test. My drug test is Wednesday.. So pretty much i'm HIRED!.

Hey black92sc let me know when you get in the plant and where they put you. heck we could be working right beside each other and not even know it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!