SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
SKYGAZR
SKYGAZR is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Windscreen

http://www.jaysenoffwindscreens.com/index.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SATUR...49310337QQrdZ1

I just picked up my new Sky on June 12th and installed Jay's windscreen in the delivery module at the Saturn Dealership.

Very very easy .. just unloosened the 4 screws, sliped in the windscreen and then gently hand tightened the screws, closed the clam shell. That's it!

I drove it home over 2 days and put 1200 miles to get home of which 800 of it was with the top down. The windscreen was amazing! With the top down, the moonsoon stereo sounded just like I had the top up, and I even was on my cell phone and things sounded clear as a bell to me and the person on the other end. It made a huge difference!

Trunk was just slightly harder to close than before the install, but nothing to get all worked up over...

It is a fantastic piece of equipement that does what it said, installed like it said and makes the car...

I would highly recommend it to anyone ...

Great job Jay!

SKYGAZR

Last edited by SKYGAZR; 06-14-2006 at 09:31 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SKYGAZR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SKYGAZR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SKYGAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
Domino Sky
Domino Sky is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Windscreen

Thanks for the information. Was going to order a windscreen from the factory (when I get a call to order my Redline) but have changed my mind after reading your post. Keep great information like this coming!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Domino Sky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Domino Sky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Domino Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #3
leggatsaturn
leggatsaturn is on a distinguished road

Hey Nathan;

Hope you enjoyed the ride home. The car looked great with the windscreen and did install in a matter of minutes. I hope you really enjoy the car and get lots of top down weather.
Rob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leggatsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leggatsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leggatsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:13 PM   #4
Cornholio123
Cornholio123 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
Checkered Flag Re: Windscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYGAZR
I just picked up my new Sky on June 12th and installed Jay's windscreen in the delivery module at the Saturn Dealership.

Very very easy .. just unloosened the 4 screws, sliped in the windscreen and then gently hand tightened the screws, closed the clam shell. That's it!

I drove it home over 2 days and put 1200 miles to get home of which 800 of it was with the top down. The windscreen was amazing! With the top down, the moonsoon stereo sounded just like I had the top up, and I even was on my cell phone and things sounded clear as a bell to me and the person on the other end. It made a huge difference!

Trunk was just slightly harder to close than before the install, but nothing to get all worked up over...

It is a fantastic piece of equipement that does what it said, installed like it said and makes the car...

Great job Jay!

SKYGAZR
I 2nd this recommendation. Because of this thread, I got one of Jay's windscreens. I ordered it online on Tuesday and it came in on Friday. It took about a minute to install it and it makes a world of difference.

The wind turbulence is cut down and now my wife is more likely to ride in it with the top down!

2004 ION Redline - Just traded in this for my new Sky.
2005 Relay 3 - My wife loves it!
2007 Sky (Midnight Blue, LSD, Upgraded Stereo, XM, Spoiler, Polished wheels) - This car is GREAT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cornholio123's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cornholio123 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cornholio123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
rjm310
rjm310 is on a distinguished road

I purchased the unit too. Why is it that I see no difference with or without the windscreen? I'm looking for a solution. Thinking of ordering the factory unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYGAZR View Post
http://www.jaysenoffwindscreens.com/index.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SATUR...49310337QQrdZ1

Great job Jay!

SKYGAZR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rjm310's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rjm310 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rjm310 is offline   Reply With Quote