SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #1
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2
Default Trunk problems (not wet though)

1) The release lever by the fuel door lever dosn't work. I read that it could be either an actual cable or a friged up electronic button, but no fix for either. Which is it on a '97 SC1 and any ideas on a fix?
2) Just open the trunk in the dark and realised theres no light. Is there supposed to be a light or will I have to just lower the rear seat backs with the dome light one?

Read about some "security switch" on the trunk lid but I think it's mostly for the 00+'s, it didn't seem to be on mine but I couldn't see much by the dome light...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
mkapp
mkapp is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Re: Trunk problems (not wet though)

on my 01 sc2 if the trunk doesnt close all the way there is a dash light that comes on...is that what you mean by security switch, or are you referring to the handle you can pull to open the trunk from the inside (in case a mobster gets ya).

Not sure about the rest. Sorry I am not of more help to you.

Powered By: Tupperware
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2362419/1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkapp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkapp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:43 AM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2
Default Re: Trunk problems (not wet though)

No, the switch I was referring to dosn't allow the anything but the key to open the trunk. It's supposed to be a red thing but the only red I was able to see last night was a bit of plastic on the rods that go from the lock to the latch. I just got the key-fob today, I'll program it and see if that works, then I'll know if it's the release lever/button by the fuel door opener or if there's more issues.
If it stops raining at some point (and I see that it has) I'll check again for a light, it might just be burnt out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote