SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 10:49 PM   #1
IceMan2
IceMan2 is on a distinguished road

Default Cold Weather Start

Tried to cold start my 2000 LW2 the other morning, out side air temp was 03degF. After taking the dog out, noticed the engine didn't sound right...sounded like it was bogging down. Opened the door and noticed the SES, Service wrench, and Reduced Power(sound of engine bogging down) lights were all illuminated. Turned car off and restarted, reduced power went away, but service wrench and SES stayed on. Car sat for a week than upon starting only had SES on, next start SES went away. I think I understand the process of how the alarm lights went out...but wondering what caused it to bog down in the cold weather...03F is not that cold. Additionally I run Mobil 1. Thanks in advance

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IceMan2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IceMan2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2002, 11:08 PM   #2
Dach
Dach is on a distinguished road

I think I'd get to the dealer and get them to read what codes caused the SES lights, don't know if the other lights produce codes but you might mention them also.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dach's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dach reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2002, 12:22 AM   #3
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

What happens when the "Reduced Power" light is on? Does some sort of rev limiter kick in?

What type of situation would cause a reduced power light?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2002, 06:12 PM   #4
IceMan2
IceMan2 is on a distinguished road

Took it in to the dealer today, they did a download to the PCM, I belive it was to relax some of the tolerances that would send it into the reduced power mode. I was a little surprised that they would question whether it should be under warrenty...I think any downloads should be at Saturns expense, since that's where the problem originated. Runs fine now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IceMan2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IceMan2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread