SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
anakin876
anakin876 is on a distinguished road

Default rattle on front driver's side

2006 Vue
4 Cylinder
Manual transmission

I noticed a rattle coming from the front driver's side last night. I took my Vue out this morning to see if I was imagining things last night. Every time I go over a bump or a dip that is on the driver's side I get a rattle that could be metal or plastic, but when the dip or bump is just on the passenger side I don't notice any new noise. Also, It seems to happen whether the clutch is in or out. Any ideas on what might be loose? I checked the panels to see if something had bounced up inside and lodged itself - but I couldn't find anything obvious. I also pushed up and down on the front drivers side and front passengers side - and I couldn't replicate the noise. Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anakin876's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anakin876 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anakin876 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: rattle on front driver's side

I had a really bad rattle in my passenger door for about 3 weeks. I was 2 days away from taking the VUE in for some other service and the rattle went away. It's been 3 weeks and it hasn't come back. So I guess my solution is to make an appointment to take the VUE into the dealership. That should scare it away.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
anakin876
anakin876 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emg77
I had a really bad rattle in my passenger door for about 3 weeks. I was 2 days away from taking the VUE in for some other service and the rattle went away. It's been 3 weeks and it hasn't come back. So I guess my solution is to make an appointment to take the VUE into the dealership. That should scare it away.
I've got an appointment for saturday - hopefully that works.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anakin876's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anakin876 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anakin876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #4
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

My 2006 V6 FWD goes in to the dealer tomorrow for the same rattle problem you have. Along with warped front rotors (only 10,000 km, 75% of it highway), rattle at top of driver's door, static on FM radio stations (local stations) and squeaky suspension. All simple annoyances but I am sure the tech will take 5 seconds and say "cannot duplicate" on most. Hope I am wrong.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:37 AM   #5
Bigdaddy94sc2
Bigdaddy94sc2 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan
2005 VUE 3.5L

They will probably turn the rotors one time each, reprogram the BCM with an updated calibration for hte radio, and probably blame the rattle, if duplicated, on Sway bar end links or caliper guide pin bushings. At least if you came to me at my dealer!!!

GM, Saturn, and ASE certified Technician. Always glad to try to help, just ask!!! Now own an 06 ION.2 as of 7/2/06 with 2988 and counting (7/28/06) 13131 as of (1/8/07) 24901 as of (7/30/07)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bigdaddy94sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bigdaddy94sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bigdaddy94sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Bingo on the caliper pins being replaced........all the other stuff was "cannot duplicate". No biggie, its just small stuff and I kind of expect "small stuff" from an American car.

On a brighter note, the Ion they lent me was impressive. I was pretty sure I would hate it.....not a luxury car by any means but defintely better than I expected. I gotta stop listening to the "expert reports".....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:32 PM   #7
rwebb71
rwebb71 is on a distinguished road

Have dealer check upper strut mounts and front links.. I have had the same problem and have had both replaced twice...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rwebb71's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rwebb71 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rwebb71 is offline   Reply With Quote