SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 09:21 AM   #1
pkschul
Advanced Member
pkschul is on a distinguished road

Question Demise of Odsmobile = Expansion for Saturn?

I was at the dealer last night (Saturn of Fairfax, VA) signing all the paper work for my new VUE (hopefully it will arrive today! )
My sales rep told me that all the money put into Oldsmobile R&D is going to be transferred to the Saturn division after the the final 2004 Olds model year.
He said to be prepared for a lot of great things from Saturn in the future. Truth or misinformation?

Paul

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pkschul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pkschul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2002, 09:23 AM   #2
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up

I've heard the same thing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 02:52 PM   #3
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

its something like 1.2 billionish ... my sales rep told me the same when the olds news hit the streets.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 02:59 PM   #4
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Roll Eyes

With all the 'Olds' cash inject in upcoming future, why we are going to have more re-badged trims from Saturn itself?

In fact, Olds and Saturn are so closely resemblance (in look) where there is no problem to do rebadging between two, that's the scariest part.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 03:13 PM   #5
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

No doubt ... one of their models looks exactly like the SL.

I wouldnt mind saturn taking on the auroa engines though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 04:27 PM   #6
NiteFlite
NiteFlite is on a distinguished road

That Aurora (first gen) was really a unique automobile considering GM bean counters. If it were rebadged as a Satty, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

It does seem that Lutz is determined to make Saturn a player, but at what cost to the Saturn model remains unclear to me. Cheap car = Chevy, Sporty = Pontiac, Trucks = GMC, Old folks = Buick, BMW Wannabe = Caddy. Saturn = ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NiteFlite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NiteFlite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 04:33 PM   #7
DBLW1
Advanced Member
DBLW1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteFlite
It does seem that Lutz is determined to make Saturn a player, but at what cost to the Saturn model remains unclear to me. Cheap car = Chevy, Sporty = Pontiac, Trucks = GMC, Old folks = Buick, BMW Wannabe = Caddy. Saturn = ? [/B]
Saturn = friendly, soft

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DBLW1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DBLW1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread