SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2006, 07:38 AM   #1
1759society
1759society is on a distinguished road

2000 SL
Default ECU Reflash

i'm looking for a coumpany to do any ECU reflash. can any one help?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1759society's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1759society reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1759society is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to all

Default Re: ECU Reflash

Reflash as in what? For more performance? If so there are no companies that are doing that.
Reflash as in to correct a problem using a Saturn reprogram then so far as I know you will need to go to Saturn to have it done. There may be private businesses that have the ability to reprogram the control modules but I don't know of any.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
96SaturnSc1cp
96SaturnSc1cp is on a distinguished road

1996 SC1

leave your battery diconnected for 5 or 10 minuetes and that will reset your computer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 96SaturnSc1cp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 96SaturnSc1cp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
96SaturnSc1cp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
Bigdaddy94sc2
Bigdaddy94sc2 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan
2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96SaturnSc1cp
leave your battery diconnected for 5 or 10 minuetes and that will reset your computer.
Wont reflash an outdated PCM calibration though. Needs to be taken to a saturn dealer, possibly any GM brand dealer with TIS, or any other shop that chooses to fork out way too much money for the software.....

GM, Saturn, and ASE certified Technician. Always glad to try to help, just ask!!! Now own an 06 ION.2 as of 7/2/06 with 2988 and counting (7/28/06) 13131 as of (1/8/07) 24901 as of (7/30/07)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bigdaddy94sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bigdaddy94sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bigdaddy94sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:07 AM   #5
FlufyTiger
FlufyTiger is on a distinguished road

I know this is a really old thread, but for $400 Jet Chips will reflash your ECU with a performance program tuned to your specific vehicle, then overnight it back to you. Hope that makes for alot of happy Saturn owners out there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FlufyTiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FlufyTiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FlufyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
spencerforhire
Advanced Member
spencerforhire will become famous soon enough

2001 SC1
2000 SW2

hey FlufyTiger- where did you get the info on Jet being able to re-flash a Saturn computer? If this is true, a lot of members of this board will be in line ASAP!

01 SL1-#1 son's
01 SC2-#2 son's
00 SW2-wife's
00 SL2-daughter's
99 SW2-mine
96 SW2-parts
00 SC1-parts
+ 19 scrapped

Visit www.spencerforhire.ca to see what I do other than fix Saturns

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerforhire's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerforhire reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #7
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Its ben proven the the JET Saturn PCM's or PCM reflashes dont do anything.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #8
quiksc2
Master Member
quiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I saw a while ago about Jet reflashing, but there are many forums on here talking about why they don't do anything. All the flash does is make it so your car thinks the gas pedal is pressed down farther than it is. Up until it's pushed down all the way. THen it is the same. So $400 bucks, or push the gas down farther...

If I wanted ride quality, I would drive a Cadillac. If I wanted to be a sheep, I would drive something that says Vtec on the side of it...
DCS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to quiksc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help quiksc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
quiksc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #9
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksc2
I saw a while ago about Jet reflashing, but there are many forums on here talking about why they don't do anything. All the flash does is make it so your car thinks the gas pedal is pressed down farther than it is. Up until it's pushed down all the way. THen it is the same. So $400 bucks, or push the gas down farther...
Thats not the JET PCM thats the Venom 400. People get the two confused. They both are garbage though.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #10
quiksc2
Master Member
quiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Alright. I just knew they both were trash.

If I wanted ride quality, I would drive a Cadillac. If I wanted to be a sheep, I would drive something that says Vtec on the side of it...
DCS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to quiksc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help quiksc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
quiksc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlufyTiger
I know this is a really old thread, but for $400 Jet Chips will reflash your ECU with a performance program tuned to your specific vehicle, then overnight it back to you. Hope that makes for alot of happy Saturn owners out there.
You won't be happy when you realize that $400 didn't get you any more horsepower on a S-series Saturn. Some folks dynoed a Jet Chip on a Saturn S-Series and it didn't do anything for power. SPS stopped selling them when they found out they don't work.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:21 PM   #12
remedys
remedys is on a distinguished road

2001 SC1

Get an Apexi SAFC II. This will allow you to control the things most people want to change in their pcm, and it really does give more power, anywhere from 10-15hp depending on the tune.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to remedys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help remedys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
remedys is offline   Reply With Quote