SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
froiski
froiski is on a distinguished road

1996 SL
Dizzy How To Disable The Alarm On 1996 Sl

My 1996 SL Saturn won't start unless it can be turn off using the remote alarm. The lights keep blinking and have some blinking sounds, the horn was disengaged. I'm tired of turning it off everytime I have to closed or open the door or everytime I want to start the car. What wires should I cut off? There is a switch under the streering wheel and I turned it off but the alarms is still engaged.

What if the remote system gets damaged or get lost, how can I start my car?
I just want to stop or remove this alarm system but do not know how. Please help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to froiski's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help froiski reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
froiski is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2006, 03:14 AM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How To Disable The Alarm On 1996 Sl

See the "How To Library" for RKE Fob programming. You can EASILY disable the OEM alarm on a 96' without cutting a single wire or having to go to the dealer.

Or just click on this LINK: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...&highlight=rke

See the directions on the LOWER half of the post, but READ THE ENTIRE PAGE.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
harv97sc2
harv97sc2 is on a distinguished road

Any idea how to do this when you don't have the key fob? i lost my keys the other night, but i have a spare carkey, but no spare key fob. Dealer said something about turning the key, letting it stop beeping, waiting 15 minutes, and supposedly it'll start up then. Is this true, or is there another way? Thanks!

by the way, this is my first post! hi yall.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to harv97sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help harv97sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
harv97sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
kpatz
kpatz is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

You don't need the key fob. Just jumper the #4 and #8 pins on the connector as described in the link Wolfman posted, and then cycle the ignition key on and off the number of times as needed to set the mode:

Quote:
1..active.. horn enabled..alarm enabled..ign kill enabled (factory default)
2..active..horn enabled..alarm enabled..ign kill disabled
3..active..horn enabled..alarm disabled..ign kill disabled
4..active..horn enabled..alarm enabled..ign kill enabled.
5..passive..horn enabled..alarm enabled..ign kill disabled
6..passive..horn enabled..alarm enabled..ign kill enabled
11..no horn sound.. all parts of security system disabled.. Will just lock and unlock vehicle
So if you want to disable the alarm entirely, cycle the key on and off 11 times after jumpering the pins. Alternatively, you could cycle once which disables the passive arming (you need the fob to arm the alarm), and without the fob it won't get armed, or twice, which enables the alarm but disables the starter kill.

1998 Saturn SL2, 5-speed, silver, 85K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kpatz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kpatz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kpatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #5
harv97sc2
harv97sc2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks!! i printed out that link and i'll try it tonight.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to harv97sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help harv97sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
harv97sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
froiski
froiski is on a distinguished road

1996 SL
Happy Re: How To Disable The Alarm On 1996 Sl

Thanks for all of your reply, I will try this and will let you know if I succeed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to froiski's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help froiski reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
froiski is offline   Reply With Quote