SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #1
UForgotten
UForgotten is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2007 AURA XR
Default Best time to buy the New VUE?

OK, we've seen enough. We want The 06 V6 FWD VUE.
But, when do the '07 models come out?
When is the best time to buy? Any way to get a price break?
We are thinking about going in a week from today.
Any gotchas to watch out for?
Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to UForgotten's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help UForgotten reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
UForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
lg68jcu
lg68jcu is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Best time to buy the New VUE?

I am going a week from Monday to buy my 06. Yeah I am totally set myself. I looked at the Torrent and Equinox and honestly i dont know why they would buy one when comparing it to the new VUE.

But to stay on topic spring time is always a good time to buy I would assume the new models would come out in august but I am not sure if Saturn does things differently.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lg68jcu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lg68jcu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lg68jcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
Mattytee
Mattytee is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Just picked mine up yesterday. There is a $1500 incentive out there, you should talk to your retailer. You could wait until June/July when the last of the model year comes out, but that could be risky too if you want certain features as they may not take new orders after a certain date.

Good luck...I am loving mine - same thing FWD V6.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mattytee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mattytee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mattytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
dday110
dday110 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

was that 1500 on lease or purchase?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dday110's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dday110 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dday110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #5
Mattytee

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday110
was that 1500 on lease or purchase?
Smart buy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Mattytee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #6
UForgotten
UForgotten is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2007 AURA XR

At this point we're just going to buy off the lot.
We don't have time to wait for one to be customized, and besides, the only requirement I have is the side-curtain airbags.
Everything else is just a luxury.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to UForgotten's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help UForgotten reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
UForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #7
GirlWithAVue
GirlWithAVue is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Anytime before the 2008 model comes out IMO. And I stress I M O. Have you seen that spy shot? With the loss of polymer panels and a reduction in size it looks very Matrix/Vibe to me.

All joking aside and back onto the REAL topic here... I would look into that $1500 rebate offer. That sounds like a great deal to jump on. If you can wait a few more months, during the summer I would be willing to bet that the 2006's will really be a great deal to make way for the new auto year. However, if you can't wait or don't have the time to wait, that rebate offer that everyone is bringing up sounds too good to pass up.

Another thing you can look into with your employer is if they are a GM Supplier. My husband's company is a GM supplier and it knocked an extra 1000+ off the price of our '06, plus we got the $500 rebate they were offering at the time as well. It was almost as good of a deal as the employee pricing they ran on the '05's last year. Just a percentage less. You should check into it. If you can get something like that AND the $1500 rebate, that would be a steal!

2006 FWD V6 VUE Black/Grey/Chrome

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GirlWithAVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GirlWithAVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GirlWithAVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #8
fatabbot
Advanced Member
fatabbot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattytee
Smart buy
You mean Dumb-buy?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fatabbot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fatabbot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fatabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #9
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Didn't they say that the '08 VUE just looks smaller? It's supposed to offer 3 rows of seats, so it wouldn't be smaller inside, that's for sure.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #10
Mattytee

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatabbot
You mean Dumb-buy?
That depends on your own personal situation Some people have a different opinon on how to finance cars based on thier own level of affordability and time. Some people may consider it a huge value. Some people who want to drive their cars until they melt may argue otherwise.

Just depends on what your own personal needs are...not dumb or smart.

I think that's been debated here and other GM-based forums ad nauseum...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #11
fatabbot
Advanced Member

Quote:
That depends on your own personal situation Some people have a different opinon on how to finance cars based on thier own level of affordability and time. Some people may consider it a huge value. Some people who want to drive their cars until they melt may argue otherwise.

Just depends on what your own personal needs are...not dumb or smart.

I think that's been debated here and other GM-based forums ad nauseum...
Yeah, no need debating it again. Just wish they wouldn't use the word "smart" in the gimmick's title.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fatabbot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #12
golftango
golftango is on a distinguished road

I always end up buying in Sept / Oct when they moving all the MY leftovers. I got a great deal on my '04 VUE that way, $20K for a loaded FWD V6. This also helps with mileage. I have an '04, which is considered a two year old vehicle, that only has 21K on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to golftango's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help golftango reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #13
GirlWithAVue

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326
Didn't they say that the '08 VUE just looks smaller? It's supposed to offer 3 rows of seats, so it wouldn't be smaller inside, that's for sure.
Here is a portion of the edmunds article: it reads...

"Judging by the size of the cars next to it in traffic, the 2008 Saturn Vue will be slightly smaller than the current model. This will not only put it closer in size to competitors like the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV-4, it will make room for another SUV in the lineup, the 2007 Saturn Outlook."

I suppose they are just comparing it to the other cars it was next to in traffic, but they also say it "will", not "may", be slightly smaller than the current model.

If it's supposed to have a third row seat, like a lot of these small suv's are trying to do now, I doubt adults will be able to sit. The new Toyota Rav 4 is supposed to have a third row option as well, but I parked next to one the other day at the grocery store and just couldn't see how it could be possible.

IMO, best time to buy a VUE is now. Just knowing the classic Saturn body style would be lost forever and the polymer panels a thing of the past, makes me glad I got mine when I did.

Check for that supplier discount though!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help GirlWithAVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:32 PM   #14
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

well to me i think that now was a good time. i got customer loyalty cash plus the incentive. Just before tax time is a good time to buy as retailers r striving to reduce their inventory before tax time. Besides like i said i wanted a SATURN Vue not a rebadged Opel, and i wanted the 3.5 powertrain.

-sXe for life-

Former Saturn owner but still a Saturn Fan~!

2010 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to binkybaby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help binkybaby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
binkybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #15
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Now would be a good time.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #16
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlWithAVue
Here is a portion of the edmunds article: it reads...

"Judging by the size of the cars next to it in traffic, the 2008 Saturn Vue will be slightly smaller than the current model. This will not only put it closer in size to competitors like the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV-4, it will make room for another SUV in the lineup, the 2007 Saturn Outlook."

Check for that supplier discount though!
The current VUE is the same length as the CRV and RAV4
It's slightly narrower and lower than the RAV4
The Equinox is 8" longer than the current vue
Maybe the new VUE will be the size of the old RAV4, Ford Escape and Jeep Compass which are a bit smaller.
I think they were seeing an illusion created by the shape

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #17
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

They were only judging from what they saw. If there was another VUE right near it, I could see it having some fact to it...but until some actual specs come out, I'll wait to say.
I could actually see the VUE offering a 3rd row now if it weren't for the way it's engineered. Shorten the front seat tracks a bit, raise the 2nd row a bit and move it forward some, and lower the cargo area and reengineer the crumple zone in the back. I'm not necessarily saying it would be practical to make, or that it would be comfortable...

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #18
GirlWithAVue

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326
They were only judging from what they saw. If there was another VUE right near it, I could see it having some fact to it...but until some actual specs come out, I'll wait to say.
I could actually see the VUE offering a 3rd row now if it weren't for the way it's engineered. Shorten the front seat tracks a bit, raise the 2nd row a bit and move it forward some, and lower the cargo area and reengineer the crumple zone in the back. I'm not necessarily saying it would be practical to make, or that it would be comfortable...
...or too safe either. I would hate to lose anymore space in the back seat.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #19
lg68jcu
lg68jcu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Smart buy
So what is this Smart Buy program?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lg68jcu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lg68jcu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lg68jcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #20
fatabbot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg68jcu
So what is this Smart Buy program?
A glorified lease. The only difference is that your name is actually on the title as the primary holder, not the financing company.

You make lower monthly payments, but then you owe the large residual at the end. You can turn the car back in at that point, but you're then subject to mileage restrictions.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!