SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
pana_ginip
pana_ginip is on a distinguished road

Default What Is The Life Spand Of Saturn Ion?

Don`t get me wrong guys I love saturn .Our ion level 2 2004 model did not give us a problem till it reach 55,000.after reaching 55,000 the car is dying i got rought idle the engine check lights up etc .etc ....anybody have the same experience.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pana_ginip's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pana_ginip reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pana_ginip is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
trancer78
trancer78 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2002 SC1
Default Re: What Is The Life Spand Of Saturn Ion?

Even the simplest of things could cause rough idle and the engine light to come on... I would have it looked at before coming to the conclusion that the car is dying after only 2 years.

I would have diagnostics done to check the various sensors (temp sensor, speed sensor).... they could cause those symptoms and are not that big of a deal to fix.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trancer78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trancer78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trancer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pana_ginip
Don`t get me wrong guys I love saturn .Our ion level 2 2004 model did not give us a problem till it reach 55,000.after reaching 55,000 the car is dying i got rought idle the engine check lights up etc .etc ....anybody have the same experience.
Take it in for service and have the codes read. I'm betting one of the codes is causing the rough idle. And a rough idle is hardly "dying".

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:59 AM   #4
Bigdaddy94sc2
Bigdaddy94sc2 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan
2005 VUE 3.5L

So you are saying you have had no major problems in the first 55k, and the first time you see the CES light, the car is dying? Wanna sell your dead car to me for $500???

What car company are you used to? Hyundai with a 100k warranty because of crappy parts?

GM, Saturn, and ASE certified Technician. Always glad to try to help, just ask!!! Now own an 06 ION.2 as of 7/2/06 with 2988 and counting (7/28/06) 13131 as of (1/8/07) 24901 as of (7/30/07)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bigdaddy94sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bigdaddy94sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bigdaddy94sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
pana_ginip
pana_ginip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy94sc2
So you are saying you have had no major problems in the first 55k, and the first time you see the CES light, the car is dying? Wanna sell your dead car to me for $500???

What car company are you used to? Hyundai with a 100k warranty because of crappy parts?

i will not go for hyundai after i read one of the post.

i went to the dealer to pickup the ioncar they found one of the piston has low compression. they want 1555+ to fix the engine.. now im afraid, we have 2 ion one is level2(70000) and the other lavel 3(14,000miles) .S series dont give ant problem even i put 200,000 miles on it .thats the reason we bought 2 ion.

maybe ion engine is GM engine.dont get me wrong i love my saturn s series with SATURN ENGINE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pana_ginip's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pana_ginip reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pana_ginip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
ion skater6912
ion skater6912 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
i will not go for hyundai after i read one of the post.

i went to the dealer to pickup the ioncar they found one of the piston has low compression. they want 1555+ to fix the engine.. now im afraid, we have 2 ion one is level2(70000) and the other lavel 3(14,000miles) .S series dont give ant problem even i put 200,000 miles on it .thats the reason we bought 2 ion.

maybe ion engine is GM engine.dont get me wrong i love my saturn s series with SATURN ENGINE
that sucks, i've never really heard anything but great thing about the engines. they are one of the better quality 4 cylinders from what i've seen

2005 ion sedan
Tsuedo exhaust, 17" motegi ff7s, eibach springs, copertop stb, recaros

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ion skater6912's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ion skater6912 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ion skater6912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:03 AM   #7
the_new_raceman
the_new_raceman is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2

...i dont own an ION by any means...im an S-guy but...have you even done a minor tune-up?? Change the plugs and wires, do an oil change and get back to us

If you dont like the tires ur on...change em...now how does that apply to life??? think about it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to the_new_raceman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help the_new_raceman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
the_new_raceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:34 AM   #8
Maritime Storm
Advanced Member
Maritime Storm has a spectacular aura aboutMaritime Storm has a spectacular aura about

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Plugs are due at 100K, no wires on an ecotec. Guys shouldn't this repair be covered by the powertrain warranty???

Save the Earth, Ban Slushboxes!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Maritime Storm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Maritime Storm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Maritime Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #9
the_new_raceman
the_new_raceman is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2

...no wires???

If you dont like the tires ur on...change em...now how does that apply to life??? think about it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to the_new_raceman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help the_new_raceman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
the_new_raceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #10
itsmesillybubba
itsmesillybubba is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:

Should be covered under warranty...and if you didn't get one...you are stupid

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
My 95 SL1 is gone :(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to itsmesillybubba's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help itsmesillybubba reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
itsmesillybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #11
Crawdaddy
Crawdaddy is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_new_raceman
...no wires???
The Ecotech 4 cylinder engine has coil packs, which sit right above the spark plugs, so no need for wires...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Crawdaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Crawdaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote