SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Best VUE color with Tan Interior
Red 9 16.67%
Orange 12 22.22%
White 5 9.26%
Black 8 14.81%
Gold 8 14.81%
Forget the Tan interior, get the Silver! 14 25.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 03:38 PM   #1
VUE WATCHER
VUE WATCHER is on a distinguished road

Attention A different kind of SUV, a differnt kind of color?

Just placed my order, and I am in trouble! I really wanted the silver... But... I absolutely do not like the grey interior... So... In order to get the Tan interior, I had to choose between the Red, White, Orange, or Black exterior.... I do not prefer black or white cars so those were automatically eliminated. I already have a Gold SL2, plus the Gold VUE is kind of bland, so thats out! My dealer did not have a white one or an orange for me to VUE in the flesh... So I got the Red! But.... when I did see the Orange and the White at another dealer... thats where I got in trouble! Although I do not like white cars... something about the white VUE looks awesome! I don't know, it's the only white car on the market that I like. I think that the black bumpers, moldings, and such blend nicely with the white VUE. Also, the orange... in person it looks GREAT! Kind of like the color schemes on some of the "comfort" SUV's out there.

Help me before it's too late!

Last edited by VUE WATCHER; 02-03-2002 at 03:43 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUE WATCHER's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUE WATCHER reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2002, 04:18 PM   #2
martlet
martlet is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L
2008 VUE Green Line

Quote:
white VUE looks awesome
Yes - it does. Now add the black seat covers with red centers!

Now if they only made the same covers for the back seats.

Does anyone even make seat covers for the back seats?

Think white is still too booring? Make it shine like the showroom with some P21S - one of the top waxes from www.thewaxtest.com - Why is this important? Because the back windows of the model are a dark tint which means (imvho) a contrast with a glistening white body is terrific.

I do think all of the colors look good. I also liked the red but thought it looked like I may have joined a local emt unit. The burnt orange works - especially with the extra "stuff" on front and top - when it looks less carlike and more SUV like.

ps - now that you are asking what we think - please post what you finally picked and how you liked it when it arrives!

What ever color you choose - I believe maintaining the shine of this particular body provides an important accent. As the waxtest site is down here is another site which offers good advice. This guy likes a different product. As he says, there are reasons every product is good. - Maybe a little like a choice of colors.

http://www.carcareonline.com/index.html

btw: I do not work for any of these sites and have no connection with companies that produce, sell, advertize (etc) waxing products.

-Scott

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to martlet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help martlet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2002, 04:24 PM   #3
VUE WATCHER
VUE WATCHER is on a distinguished road

Default hmmmmmm

hmmmmmmm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUE WATCHER's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUE WATCHER reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2002, 04:40 PM   #4
martlet
martlet is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L
2008 VUE Green Line

For more contrast with white or red - consider adding the mud flaps.

Yesterday I saw white, red and silver models at the local dealer. My vote still goes for the white - but red and silver also looked great.

Other reasons to choose color of course are: climate and safety. We live in the south and are trading in a 94 black sl2. Also, thinking ahead to when our daughter will drive, we thought a white car would be safer at night.

Your difficulty with choosing color is interesting. We "discussed" color for hours! Good luck.

-Scott

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to martlet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help martlet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-08-2002, 05:42 PM   #5
DP49657
DP49657 is on a distinguished road

I also have a hard time with colors, but I can't stand the tan interior. I've only seen the Black,red,gold,and silver, My wife likes the silver, I don't. I like the black but living on a dirt road elimenates that and white. I'd sure like to see the Orange, it sounds great. Is it the same color as the cast vue? I think that will work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DP49657's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DP49657 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2002, 10:25 PM   #6
jimminor
jimminor is on a distinguished road

I had a hard time with the colors, too. When I saw the "orange" color , I knew this was the choice to make. Calling it orange is misleading. It should be called "copper". The tan interior will grow on you. It really makes the Vue seem more spacious.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jimminor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jimminor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2002, 10:34 PM   #7
MikeM-SL2
MikeM-SL2 is on a distinguished road

Default Blue!

Am I the only person here who likes the blue color on the "outdoor" concept VUE? Not that I care for the rest of the trim on that model, but that blue on a current VUE would like nice. IMHO, Saturn has lost sales in the last few (several?) years due to (1) ugly body designs (SL '96-'99 or thereabouts) and (2) ugly colors. What's the deal with offering (very) dark blue, (very) dark green, and black? Why not lighten blues and greens instead of making them look like the black? And why so much orange? Saturn may sell a few orange cars, but I don't think many "mainstream" buyers are going to buy them.

When my wife traded in her pretty blue (teal?) '95 SL2, she got a silver blue LW300. The silver blue is not a bad color, but a bit more on the blue side to differentiate it from silver would help. The "medium blue" is still a tad dark, but a step in the right direction (though I can't say I've seen many on the road). I sure hope Saturn brings back the good old brights colors that made the early-year SL's interesting and attractive. The blue on that Ion teaser image got my attention...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeM-SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeM-SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2002, 10:37 PM   #8
HellToupee
HellToupee is on a distinguished road

Our dealer had all the colors last week. I like the silver the best and suprisingly the orange next. You can't go wrong with any of the choices.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HellToupee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HellToupee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-12-2002, 12:46 AM   #9
HumpMan
HumpMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by jimminor
I had a hard time with the colors, too. When I saw the "orange" color , I knew this was the choice to make. Calling it orange is misleading. It should be called "copper"...
Unfortunately, they already used the name "copper" a few years back ('96?). Sold very poorly. I liked the copper color and probably would have gotten it, but it had been discontinued by '97. Our CarClub champion, who was a sales consultant had a copper SW2, and when she traded it for an LW2, her copper wagon sat on their lot for a long, long time.

I wonder if the current orange is identical to the "burnt orange" that the VUE show cars were last year on the auto show circuit. I think it looks the same. I guess it's not good using the word "burnt" in connection with cars.

the HumpMan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HumpMan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HumpMan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-12-2002, 08:12 AM   #10
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: Blue!

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeM-SL2
What's the deal with offering (very) dark blue, (very) dark green, and black? Why not lighten blues and greens instead of making them look like the black
The only answer I can provide is that there is a perception that dark colors make a car look more expensive. Also, when Saturn had models with the black bumpers, the dark colors helped disguise this cost cutting measure. I agree, Saturn does need to offer different colors a little more frequently and the ION blue is a great place to start!

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-12-2002, 10:25 AM   #11
SEVUE2002
SEVUE2002 is on a distinguished road

I tend to keep cars a long long time. So I avoid "trendy" colors.

So I would avoid the orange personally, unless I was leasing.

I had a White SL2 1996. Only interior color available was grey. Thankfully, the White VUE came with a choice. I chose Tan and had leather two tone seats installed. Very nice!!!

Color of course is a highly personal choice. I saw a red VUE in a parking lot with the tan interior. It looked nice too.

Good luck choosing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SEVUE2002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SEVUE2002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-12-2002, 11:09 AM   #12
thesaturnvue
thesaturnvue is on a distinguished road

VUE watcher-you made a good choice. I think the red is an exceptionally good looking vehicle and you won't tire of it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thesaturnvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thesaturnvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2002, 04:08 PM   #13
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Roll Eyes

Personally I never like Tan interior (Leather/Cloth).....this color reminds me those oldie Mercedes and BMW or GM junkies in '70s......

Silver (or Metalic color) exterior + Black Leather (or Dark Cloth) is always the top and classy choice. Look at X5.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2002, 03:00 PM   #14
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Re: Blue!

Quote:
Originally posted by Galileo

The only answer I can provide is that there is a perception that dark colors make a car look more expensive. Also, when Saturn had models with the black bumpers, the dark colors helped disguise this cost cutting measure. I agree, Saturn does need to offer different colors a little more frequently and the ION blue is a great place to start!
If any shade of blue would be chosen as an exterior color for the VUE, Galileo, it's likely to be the medium (slate) blue from the L-Series, though I agree; the ION blue or even the aqua-blue from the Outdoor Expression VUE would work better, especially with grey or tan leather upholstery.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread