SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 11:07 AM   #1
tuckercanada
tuckercanada is on a distinguished road

Default Help !...Wheels on the blue L wagon in the photos section

My wife has purchased our 1st Saturn...an L300, and I'd like to change the rubber & wheels before we pick up the vehicle and perhaps go to 16 inch wheels. If anyone can help me identify the wheels on the blue L-wagon in the photo section it would be a great help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tuckercanada's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tuckercanada reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2002, 01:41 PM   #2
LW2Rich
LW2Rich is on a distinguished road

Could you be referring to these wheels on my Blue LW2 wagon???
If so, they are 16" Borbet Type C Wheels from the Tire Rack ( www.tirerack.com ).

Hope this info helps - Rich

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LW2Rich's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LW2Rich reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-30-2002, 06:33 PM   #3
Polar
Polar is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up

Thanks for asking that question I was wondering also what wheels and tires were on the car.
Could you send a picture streight on of the rim.
You have a great shot of the tire but I would like to see more of the rim too.

They do make the car look sharp.

Bob Mitchell
LW300 in Silver Blue

Ps Do you have any problem with break dust?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Polar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Polar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-30-2002, 07:40 PM   #4
LW2Rich

The tires are 225/55-16 Bridgestone Potenza RE-730 Z speed rated high perfomance radials. This is as wide a Tire you can fit on a L (I do have the rare occasional rub on the rear if I get the rear suspension to squat hard enough - generally only happens when have a load of gear in the back). Grip wise, the Bridgestones have been fantastic and they are great in the rain, though as they are wearing they are getting a bit noisy. In the in winter I run stock rims with Michelin Artic Alpines as the Breidgsteones are not a snow tire in any sense of the word.

The fronts to get a fair amount of break dust on the inner part of the rim and some on the outside facing part. They are easy to clean though becuase of the open design.

Here is a bigger, complete picture of my car... I hope it helps.
Rich

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help LW2Rich reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-30-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
Polar
Polar is on a distinguished road

Nice looking car. Thanks for the info.
Have you thought of tinting the back windows?
I Traded a Bravada in on my wagon and did like the looks of haveing the back windows tinted.

Maybe in the spring I will see about differant rims. Living in Michigan I have to put up with the snow too.

As soon as I get a god picture of mine i will post it.

Bob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Polar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Polar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-30-2002, 10:33 PM   #6
tuckercanada
tuckercanada is on a distinguished road

Rich....

Yes that's the car ! Thanks for all your help. When we first started looking at the L300 I came to this website and while going through it...spotted your wagon. It's a great combination of style and sport. I'm putting 4 Goodyear "Ultra Grip Ice" on for the remainder of the winter and in the spring I'll switch to the new 16" wheels with perhaps Regatta 2's.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tuckercanada's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tuckercanada reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2002, 02:40 PM   #7
LW2Rich

RE: Tinting the rear windows

Yes, I have thought about doing that but have not gotten around to it. FWIW, it really bugs me that you can get many SUVs and Minivans with factory tinted rear & side/rear windows yet they don't offer this option on station wagons!?!?!? One would think that it would be a popular option! (Saturn... you listening????)

Rich

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread