SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
Urbanrover
Urbanrover is on a distinguished road

Question L300 U2106 code

Checked code today on 02 L300 and got u2106, communication lost with transmission. No throttle response. Starts and idles at 900 rpm. What should be my next step? Any help is appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Urbanrover's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Urbanrover reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Urbanrover is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
lostwages_ls2
lostwages_ls2 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: L300 U2106 code

2000 Saturn LS2 V6-3.0L VIN R

Top - Vehicle
Powertrain Management
. Computers and Control Systems
. . Information Bus
. . . Testing and Inspection
. . . . Trouble Code Diagnostic Charts
. . . . . U2106

U2106

The engine control module (ECM), transaxle control module (TCM) and the body control module (BCM) communicate with each other over the controller area network (CAN) bus circuit 2500 and circuit 2501. The CAN bus is a communication link similar to Class II

State of health (SOH) messages are sent form the ECM and TCM to the BCM when the ignition is turned On and during vehicle operation. These messages tell the BCM, TCM and ECM that all are working correctly. When the BCM or ECM has not received a SOH message from the TCM, the BCM or ECM sets DTC U2106.

DTC Parameters

IMPORTANT: The engine must be running or cranking for greater than 5 seconds for the ECM to set this code.

Ignition in RUN or START position.
Loss of communication with the TCM.
This code can be set by the BCM and ECM.
Diagnostic AIDS

Check for poor connection at the control module. Inspect harness connectors for backed out terminals, improper terminal mating, broken connector locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals and poor terminal to wire connection (terminal crimped over wire insulation and not conductors).
Inspect wiring harness for damage. Check for broken or chaffed insulation.
Review all fail information as this may assist in determining the conditions when the fault occurs.
If fault is suspected to be intermittent, wiggling harness wiring may help in locating fault.

Also check the B+ fuse

Your Honor Student is merely a pawn in my Min Pin's diabolical world domination plot.

Obey the Min Pin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lostwages_ls2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lostwages_ls2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lostwages_ls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
dmccreary860
Advanced Member
dmccreary860 is on a distinguished road

It's been awhile since I got rid of my L300, but if memory serves me, the TCM is on the top of the intake manifold at the rear of the engine. Very easy to get to (there are two black rectangular boxes about 1" x 2" with a lot of wires going to/from them).

The same week I bought my brand new '02 L300, my TCM died. Same symptoms as you described.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmccreary860's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmccreary860 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dmccreary860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
lostwages_ls2
lostwages_ls2 is on a distinguished road

The TCM is located under the wiper/cowl cover on the passenger side. You can see the cable bundle entering the firewall. The ECM is attached to the rear intake manifold, The BCM is on top of the glove box.

Your Honor Student is merely a pawn in my Min Pin's diabolical world domination plot.

Obey the Min Pin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lostwages_ls2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lostwages_ls2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lostwages_ls2 is offline   Reply With Quote