SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #1
delturcious
delturcious is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
Default Windshield Wipers don't work?

So a couple nights ago I was going to the grocery store during some hard rain, and my wipers got stuck in the middle of my windshield Lucklily I wasn't far from home and I was able to shove them back down out of my way, but now I've got to get them fixed. The fuse is good, the motor turns on and off like it should (I can hear it) but nothing moves. My guess is that it's some sort of a belt or a gear that broke/fell off/stripped, but any ideas from y'all would be GREATLY appreciated before I rip the thing apart using some instructions I found in a search here. Thanks in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to delturcious's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help delturcious reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
delturcious is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
PlumSL1
PlumSL1 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
1997 SC2
Default Re: Windshield Wipers don't work?

This isn't really the same problem as yours but maybe someone knows about my problem also. Sometimes my windsheild wipers dont work at all. I doubt the motor runs or anything because I don't hear anything when I turn them on. What could this be? Its on my 97 SC2.

NicK
--------------
08 Mazda3
00 Tiburon SE - Sold
96 SL2 - Sold
97 SC2 - Sold
94 SL1 - Driven till death R.I.P

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PlumSL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PlumSL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PlumSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
peppermrj
Advanced Member
peppermrj is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2

http://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiB...3d8019a5ca.jsp

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to peppermrj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help peppermrj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
peppermrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
cplradar
cplradar is on a distinguished road

2001 SW2

On my mothers car LW, I have taken it in 3 times now with windshield wiper problems. The third time I had them replace everything. Each time it works well for a few weeks then breaks. I have to take it in again, and while I'm at it I'll have them fix the fuel gauge, as half is full, but then again half is also half.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cplradar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cplradar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cplradar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #5
delturcious
delturcious is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Thanks for the link! Step 7 is where I believe the problem is:
"Remove the crank arm nut and disconnect the arm from the motor shaft, then remove the wiper motor attaching screws and remove the motor from the module."

That may not get done before my road drip to St. Louis (please dont rain please dont SNOW) with all the brake work I need to do this weekend, but if anyone else has experienced this one before I'd love to hear how you fixed it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to delturcious's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help delturcious reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
delturcious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 02:45 AM   #6
ScurriVision
ScurriVision is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
2000 SW2

Here's the fix(s) that have worked for me... On my Sl2 the wiper assembly broke, leaving my wipers in the middle of my windsheild. The wiper assembly had to be replaced... I found someone parting out a saturn, and bought there assembly (with motor included) for about $20. On another occasion, my wifes SL1 her wipers froze in the middle of her windshield too. However, after removing the plastic cowl cover, I simply sprayed some WD-40 on all the moving parts and presto, they have been working ever since!

If you can hear the motor running, it's probably your wiper assembly. If you don't hear your motor, it's probalby a burnt-out motor... unfortunately, you won't know for sure without closer inspection.

Hope this helpz....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ScurriVision's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ScurriVision reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ScurriVision is offline   Reply With Quote