SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
Thursty440
Thursty440 is on a distinguished road

Default Brake Light Flashing then ding Warning goes off

I have a 2000 Saturn SL1 and it just started happening last night. The e-brake is all the way down, and when I start driving the light comes on and the warning starts sounding. I have looked at both front and rear brakes and looked for leaks. I checked the master cylinder and the brakes do not feel like they need bleeding. I do not see anything obvious. I need to find out how to get the code for this light? After all the checks, the light doesn't flash and the alarm doesn't sound. Are we paranoid or is their something else going on?

I took it into autozone and found that the O2 Sensor needed to be replaced. Could this be the culprit?

I'm stuck and this is has a since of Urgency.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Thursty440's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Thursty440 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Thursty440 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2005, 09:59 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to all

Default Re: Brake Light Flashing then ding Warning goes off

Welcome to the Board.

Assumption is that it is the brake warning light coming on.
Is the light staying on when the car is not moving?
Remove the center console and have a look at the park brake switch to see if it is damaged or something is holding it on or it has come out of adjustment.
If the light is on when not moving check the brake fluid level.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:52 AM   #3
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Brake Light Flashing then ding Warning goes off

Keep in mind a visual check of the OUTSIDE of the brake mastercylinder resevoir is NOT adequate. Remove the cap and LOOK inside. If the level is LOW, FIND OUT WHY don't just top it up. The most common cuase of a low fluid level is WORN FRONT BRAKE PADS.

You cannot judge the health of your brakes by how they "feel"

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote