SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up NEW Black Emblems

I'll be having black Saturn emblems put on my L300 this coming Monday. While I'm there, I'm taking a VUE for a test drive. I'll keep you all posted.

Black emblems. I'm so excited.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2001, 03:09 PM   #2
bigbird
bigbird is on a distinguished road

Default Re: NEW Black Emblems

Is it just me, or can anyone else think of a bigger waste of money?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigbird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigbird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2001, 03:13 PM   #3
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

It's personal preference. I wouldn't myself but I've seen people add things to their cars like lighted winshield spray nossles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2001, 03:28 PM   #4
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Some people consider hubcaps a waste of money. It's all about personal preference.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2001, 03:59 PM   #5
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Re: NEW Black Emblems

Quote:
Originally posted by bigbird

As long as I'm spending MY money on ME, it's not a waste. I guess you've NEVER spent money on anything even remotely frivolous. How dull.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2001, 04:00 PM   #6
Harry
Advanced Member
Harry is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Arrow

Seems like the party poopers are online today

I bought an LW200 badge for mine and like the way it looks so I consider it money well spent. It is kind of sad that looks are so important in a car but in a way it is like your clothes. Potato and sugar sacks are cheap but you get some funny looks... except of course when imitation sugar sack Bermuda shorts are in style.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2001, 04:11 PM   #7
thatjerryguy

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Be careful, Harry, some might consider imitation sugar sack Bermuda shorts a "waste of money"?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-11-2001, 05:18 PM   #8
Nuke-Em
Nuke-Em is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by thatjerryguy
Be careful, Harry, some might consider imitation sugar sack Bermuda shorts a "waste of money"?

Like me for example, I prefer the "nude look". You don't waste any money, get ALL sorts of looks and it's cheaper than air conditioning!

Matt

If God had intended driving to be boring, he would have given us all Toyota's

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nuke-Em's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nuke-Em reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2001, 02:41 AM   #9
Tycho
Tycho is on a distinguished road

I felt guilty about buying the 30 dollar black emblems for my Black-Silver SL2...untill I installed them. The car as a whole looks way better...much more complete. And I have some kewl saturn logos to make keychains and such out of now

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tycho's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tycho reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2001, 09:07 AM   #10
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Yea, how about those ones with the lights in them? It is not like Saturns don't already have side marker lights that are clearly visible from either side or anything. What do those lighted things cost, 40-50 bucks??? We could go into neon lighting and and the obviously not xenon bulbs too, but why bicker?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2001, 10:04 AM   #11
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Tycho
I felt guilty about buying the 30 dollar black emblems for my Black-Silver SL2...untill I installed them. The car as a whole looks way better...much more complete.
Yeah, me too! I had a hard time explaining this one to my wife! I bought them at the parts counter at my local Saturn place and I paid about $40 for the set. I put them on my 1993 SL2 years ago and I really like them. This car is a gray/silver two-tone. (Silver on the upper portions, gray on the lower portions.) Having black emblems on a monochrome car look pretty decent in my opinion.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David 93 SL2m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2001, 10:09 AM   #12
frankski
frankski is on a distinguished road

I have black emblems on my car and I did not have to pay for it. Of course, I drive a yellow 2001 SC... hehehe

Talk about not paying for stuff

I love my little yellow sport car !!

Frankski

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to frankski's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help frankski reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2001, 01:30 PM   #13
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Cool

I think the black emblems first came out in during the 1995 model year. Saturn had a special SC2. It was basically black with a red stripe in the groove of the "swoosh" and black emblems plus all the options - leather, sunroof, rear spoiler, etc. This might have been called "the collector's edition" or something to that effect.

The black emblems might have been used again maybe in the 1996 model year with "Homecoming edition" models to celebrate that event. These might have been copper colored SL1s and SW1s and SC2s with black roofs and black wheel inserts.

I wish I could remember this trivia better!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2001, 10:11 PM   #14
Tenchi Masaki
Tenchi Masaki is on a distinguished road

I got black emblems put on my 2001 silver L300. Waste of money? Well, when I bought the car, I asked if they could get those put on (from the Black Beauty edition) and they said sure no problem. No cost either. Yeah, it does make a difference. Stands out nicely and of course it is a personal preference... for those who care about the looks of their car and want to do something a little different. :-)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tenchi Masaki's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tenchi Masaki reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-13-2001, 02:19 PM   #15
gsr
gsr is on a distinguished road

Post black emblems

If I remamber correctly, black emblems were first used on the pearl white 94 SL2 homecomming car. Since then, the black emblems have been used on the various appearance package cars, such as the 96 black SC2 Classic Coupe, the 98 grey bronze SL1 and SW1 with painted fascias, the 98 and 99 black top SC2, the 99 nasty green Homecoming car, the 2001 yellow SC2, the 2001 10th anniversery SL2, and the 2002 dvd equipped L series. Someone please let me know if I missed any.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gsr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gsr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-13-2001, 02:21 PM   #16
David 93 SL2m
Master Member

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Thumbs Up

Sounds right to me! Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-13-2001, 07:34 PM   #17
SL2Fan
SL2Fan is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I bought the set a while back too, but only installed the one on the front.

Question for you guys, how did you get the quarterpanel ones off without removing the quarter panel? The Saturn service rep I talked to said that I'd either have to remove the quarterpanel, or bust the old ones off and glue the new ones on... seems to be there has got to be an easier way.

--- Edit ----

SPS says to remove the fender liners to get at the emblems. I've looked at this, and made some weak attempts, but I'm afraid of busting something while trying to remove the fender liner. Any recommendations before I go at it again?

Thanks,

- Mike

Last edited by SL2Fan; 12-13-2001 at 07:46 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2Fan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2Fan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-13-2001, 08:09 PM   #18
SpeedPlayer 97sl2
SpeedPlayer 97sl2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
2002 SC2

Fender liner is the easiest way to go. Sure beats the heck out of removing the whole fender panel, which would require you to remove the fender liner with it anyways. It's a quick job. I'd say about 15 min max each side. Of course, you could always remove the whole fender, and drive around for a day without the front fenders on your car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SpeedPlayer 97sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SpeedPlayer 97sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-14-2001, 09:08 AM   #19
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

i got them in 1994 (for my 92 sc) when they first were available on the homecoming sedan. at the time you could get the black emblems for $5 each.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-15-2001, 01:46 AM   #20
Whelan
Whelan is on a distinguished road

Default I got em

I put them on my plum 94 SL1, and they look much better than the red ones. The color just goes better against purple, and it is noticeable.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Whelan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Whelan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread