SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
95c2
95c2 is on a distinguished road

Default Who Has The Highest Mileage?

anyone have a saturn with riduculous miles that still runs??
(show your ODO meter if you can)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 95c2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 95c2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
95c2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2005, 11:13 PM   #2
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2
Default Re: Who Has The Highest Mileage????????!!!!!!

Not really rediculous, but I've got 193,000 miles on my 93 SC2. Can't wait till I break the 200k mark.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #3
getz999
getz999 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL1
2001 SC2

a 91 has 279k on it at my dealership!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to getz999's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help getz999 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
getz999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:22 AM   #4
FL_SL2
FL_SL2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

I've only got 144K. I think Luke may have us all beat. It's advertised in his (regularly updated) signature:

> 95 SL 2 = 435,228 Miles 40.67 MPG as of 10/28/05 <

...if Despotism failed only for want of a capable benevolent despot, what chance has Democracy, which requires a whole population of capable voters. -- George Bernard Shaw 1903

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FL_SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FL_SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FL_SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:57 AM   #5
dieseljack
Advanced Member
dieseljack is on a distinguished road

My '95 SW1 has 379,385 on it, and the engine is Oh-riginal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dieseljack's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dieseljack reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dieseljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #6
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

There's a foto gallery at my dealer. (Belden Village)
Somebody has a 93 SL2 with over 500k.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #7
Jerry1973
Jerry1973 is on a distinguished road

our 94 sl is sitting at 279k and still has alot of kick left in her

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jerry1973's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jerry1973 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jerry1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:43 AM   #8
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

1994 SC1 with OH-Riginal Engine and Transmission.

11/08/05 284,787 Miles, and still running.

Pics in my gallery of:

250K Miles (June 2004)
275K Miles (May 2005)

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #9
fatabbot
Advanced Member
fatabbot is on a distinguished road

Disclaimer: What I'm about to ask isn't negative. I wish I had the financial responsibility within me to drive a car for so long....

Why do each of you guys drive a car for 300K miles? (cost, you just like the car etc.) I bet it's nice to not have a car payment for that long....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fatabbot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fatabbot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fatabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #10
cazzylee
Advanced Member
cazzylee is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2005 VUE 3.5L

I rolled over 196k this morning on the way to work.

I keep my satty

a) because I'm not in a financial position at this time to get a new car
b) I rather like it, it's treated me much better than my sable did, easy to work on etc

If I were in a position to get another car I'd probably get a new-to-me '00-'02 SC.

The only thing I don't like about my car is the left side of the lumbar support bites into my back after a few hours of driving. I got rid of most of the rattles recently by replacing the top mount, the other two are following tonight + windows tinted + doors dynamatted...

Madness takes it's toll: Please have exact change.
SES light + unplugged sensor = testicle ownage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cazzylee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cazzylee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cazzylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:11 PM   #11
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatabbot
Disclaimer: What I'm about to ask isn't negative. I wish I had the financial responsibility within me to drive a car for so long....

Why do each of you guys drive a car for 300K miles? (cost, you just like the car etc.) I bet it's nice to not have a car payment for that long....
I counter that with a question... Why not drive them that long if you can. If the car isn't costing you anything (running well and not begging for tons of maintenance), why would you get rid of it. I am hoping that I can get the '99SL1 that I'm driving to clear 400000km. The lack of car payments, the lower insurance as the car ages, the greater availability of used parts (I am a student you know!!).

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kevin94SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:55 PM   #12
delivery man
Advanced Member
delivery man is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I may have the highest mileage Ion at 182K. It will take me a couple of years to pass some of you all though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to delivery man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help delivery man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
delivery man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:12 AM   #13
fatabbot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin94SL
I counter that with a question... Why not drive them that long if you can. If the car isn't costing you anything (running well and not begging for tons of maintenance), why would you get rid of it. I am hoping that I can get the '99SL1 that I'm driving to clear 400000km. The lack of car payments, the lower insurance as the car ages, the greater availability of used parts (I am a student you know!!).
You're exactly right. If you reread my question, I admit that it's the most financially sound move. I have yet to have the self-discipline to do so, unfortunately. My last car was the car I kept the longest (3 years, 60K miles). In my defense, it was powered by the worst Nissan motor of all time, the QR25DE. After 4 recalls and a failing headgasket, I decided not to sink too much more money into the deathtrap.

I was just wondering why most people keep them so long. If it's because they just love the car or if it's for financial reasons etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fatabbot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:18 AM   #14
Token
Advanced Member
Token is on a distinguished road

1994 SW2

Quote:

Car Payments Are For The Mechanically Handicapped.

"Some days your the dog, some days your the hydrant."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Token's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Token reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:44 AM   #15
fatabbot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token
Car Payments Are For The Mechanically Handicapped.

LOL, that's great. I'll have to remember that saying!!!

I plan on keeping my Vue until it shows signs of needing major repairs. I would have kept my last car longer if it wasn't need over $3000 of repairs within a month or two.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-09-2005, 08:15 AM   #16
sps SOHC
Master Member
sps SOHC is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2

My car is the lowest here on this thread with 138K. But it's only a 96.

-96 SC2 gets 35 mpg mix city/hw.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sps SOHC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sps SOHC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sps SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:22 AM   #17
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
I was just wondering why most people keep them so long. If it's because they just love the car or if it's for financial reasons etc.
I think it's a combination of both of these. If the current vehicle is not being a financial burden, why not keep it.

In the sense of loving the car, I think it may be a thing of not hating the car. Just as an example, my father usually drives a vehicle until it will not physically go anymore, or it is see-thru (rust holes... pre-Saturn). I have seen him flip a few cars though that he hasn't liked for one reason or another, that still have a good amount of life in them.

Personally, I don't think I love my '99SL1 (I really wish that I could get my father's old '95SL1 back in decent condition... I loved that car), but I do like it well enough to keep it around for a while as long as it doesn't cause me any problems.

I just think that it is more financially responsible to get everything you can out of a car instead of going and buying a new car off the lot every 2 or 3 years (Read: Depreciation).

In another sense too, I put a fair amount of milage on... much more then a lease allows for, and much more then financing makes it worth. If I can get a car for 2/3 of sticker price after 1 year that has 30,000km on it... I've just saved 1/3 of the cash that I would have spent on it to get an extra 30,000km (not even a year for my driving habits) out of it.

Just makes too much financial sense to keep driving the "old beaters" (No insult intended)

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kevin94SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:31 AM   #18
fatabbot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin94SL
I just think that it is more financially responsible to get everything you can out of a car instead of going and buying a new car off the lot every 2 or 3 years (Read: Depreciation).

In another sense too, I put a fair amount of milage on... much more then a lease allows for, and much more then financing makes it worth. If I can get a car for 2/3 of sticker price after 1 year that has 30,000km on it... I've just saved 1/3 of the cash that I would have spent on it to get an extra 30,000km (not even a year for my driving habits) out of it.

Just makes too much financial sense to keep driving the "old beaters" (No insult intended)
You're exactly right. I've lost my butt over the past 6-7 years buying new cars. This time I bought a used Vue with low mileage for ~$10K. Beats the hell out of my previous purchase of a new car worth $18K new and then it being worth only $8K 3 years later.

Of course this was when I was in college and right after graduation. Gotta keep up with the Jones's. Live and learn...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #19
LightningLarsen
LightningLarsen is on a distinguished road

349,700 on a 93 sl1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LightningLarsen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LightningLarsen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LightningLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #20
Ollie
Ollie will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L

3,297mi

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
-John Wayne-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ollie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ollie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote