SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
CKyAlliance07
Advanced Member
CKyAlliance07 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
1994 SL2
Dizzy 1997 SL2 Door Panel Removal Help

Hey guys I have a 97 SL2 and I need to remove my two rear door panels. I think I have all the screws out but I'm not sure . How do I exactly take the panel off? Do I pull up? Is there anything else I need to take off? Here's a pic:

thanks

I sold my SL2 as of 6/08 :(

Last edited by CKyAlliance07; 11-04-2005 at 03:23 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CKyAlliance07's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CKyAlliance07 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CKyAlliance07 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
SaturnTech
SaturnTech is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 1997 SL2 Door Panel Removal Help

There are plastic clips around the perimeter of the door panel in addition to the screws. Pry the door panel out away from the door, you will hear and feel the clips coming out. Once it's free all around, push the door panel straight up to get it out of the channel for the window.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnTech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnTech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
CKyAlliance07
Advanced Member

1997 SL2
1994 SL2

Thanks... do you know if I have to remove that black door handle/lock part also to get the panel off?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help CKyAlliance07 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Yes, you have to remove the black handle/lock part. There should be a screw in the center of it. Plus if I remember correctly when I fixed my friends 97 SL2 power window, the inner door panel lifts up and out. I dont think its held in place like the 1991-1995 panels.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:06 PM   #5
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 has a spectacular aura aboutRobertGary1 has a spectacular aura aboutRobertGary1 has a spectacular aura about

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Yes, I did the same thing when I replaced the window regulator in my 96 (something that appears to be a common problem with this type of Saturn). After you take the interior hardware off (handle etc) you just "pull" the interior off. I find that the plastic pins that hold the interior on are go for about one reinstall, after that you need to replace them. They are barbed and can't just be used over and over again. However, they are pretty cheap at the dealership. If you plan to do much of any work in there, getting the interior off is just step 1. The frame is against the interior panel so you don't see much more than frame when you take it off. After that, break out the torx bit driver and remove the exposed torx screws to remove the outer panel. With the outer panel off you can access the window, locks, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #6
CKyAlliance07
Advanced Member

1997 SL2
1994 SL2

How do I go about taking the black door handle/lock off? I unscrewed the one screw out of it, but it wont seem to budge or move after that. And for the whole door panel, I can move it up and down about a half inch just by jiggling it. I don't have power windows so I wont have to worry about that one problem. Sorry with all these newbie questions , I just don't want to break or mess up anything because I do that often , lol. Thanks for all your help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #7
CKyAlliance07
Advanced Member

1997 SL2
1994 SL2

and I'd be glad to get pics of anything you'd need to see in detail if you'd like

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #8
Luke
Master Member
Luke will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2

Quote:
> Fm Jeff<
> I'd be glad to get pics of anything you'd need to see in detail if you'd like<
That would be VERY nice.

> 95 SL 2 = 649,619 Miles 40.4 MPG, as of 4/19/11. My manual Radiator Fan Switch, courtesy of Wolfman's patient installation guidance, continues to be.......invaluable <

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Luke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Luke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #9
CKyAlliance07
Advanced Member

1997 SL2
1994 SL2

Hey sorry it took so long I've been kinda busy but here are some pics..
full door

one screw

two screws

removed window handle/arm

one screw, and also how do I remove the whole black interior door handle thing? After uncrewing it, it doesn't seem to budge or move.

thanksssss

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #10
ssicarman
ssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to all

The inside door handle once the screw is out needs to be moved forward (99% sure it is forward). Onceit is loose from the door panel the rods (2) need to be removed from it and then it is out. Once it is out of the way you need to push/pull the door panel up to free the hold on hooks from the door. Good sharp rap on the bottom of the door panel will free the hooks up.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote