SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
bue05
Advanced Member
bue05 will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE
Happy Just returned from 05 vue service

Hello all, I just got back from the dealer. Had my 05 vue in for warranty work. I had them replace the gray/silver colored bezels that rap around the radio/ac/window control area. Looks good, service man says hopefully this one will last longer, something about the way in production of pre sanding pre finish they used, paint just wont stick to them. They had to order new sway bar links and will call once those are in. Said mine looked pretty decent, but would replace with new design. (i checked out an 06 v6 while waiting) The sway bars look nicer and are a completly different looking animal than what is on my vue. IMO they look more dependable?! Also had to order a new armrest for driver seat, mine was not ajustable i guess, so a new one is on its way. Also had to order a new Parking Brake Switch, my light on dash doesn't come on when brake is engaged. No biggy. Thanks to all of you for the help on the sway bar links/suspension issues. They were pretty nice about everything. They even half way cleaned her up on the outside. Ps. I have to take her back obviously for the replacement parts. Im thinking of having them fix the bo-legged-ness of the back end. I think its out of alignment. Anyone had this done? good thing, bad thing. Any notice afterwards. thanks for your help BUE05

p.s..s the orange car with the wrench in the center was because the fuel cap wasn't on tight enough! (I think my wife must have been in a hurry)!! Im kidding.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bue05's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bue05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bue05 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
David Harleyson
David Harleyson is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Just returned from 05 vue service

Quote:
Originally Posted by bue05
Hello all, I just got back from the dealer. Had my 05 vue in for warranty work. I had them replace the gray/silver colored bezels that rap around the radio/ac/window control area. Looks good, service man says hopefully this one will last longer, something about the way in production of pre sanding pre finish they used, paint just wont stick to them. They had to order new sway bar links and will call once those are in. Said mine looked pretty decent, but would replace with new design. (i checked out an 06 v6 while waiting) The sway bars look nicer and are a completly different looking animal than what is on my vue. IMO they look more dependable?! Also had to order a new armrest for driver seat, mine was not ajustable i guess, so a new one is on its way. Also had to order a new Parking Brake Switch, my light on dash doesn't come on when brake is engaged. No biggy. Thanks to all of you for the help on the sway bar links/suspension issues. They were pretty nice about everything. They even half way cleaned her up on the outside. Ps. I have to take her back obviously for the replacement parts. Im thinking of having them fix the bo-legged-ness of the back end. I think its out of alignment. Anyone had this done? good thing, bad thing. Any notice afterwards. thanks for your help BUE05

p.s..s the orange car with the wrench in the center was because the fuel cap wasn't on tight enough! (I think my wife must have been in a hurry)!! Im kidding.
Hey Blue05, did you get a notice from Saturn on the sway bar links? Or is this one you need to ask to have updated to the newer design?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David Harleyson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David Harleyson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David Harleyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
bue05
Advanced Member
bue05 will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Just returned from 05 vue service

Hey Harley, No I just had read several threads on here and had put up a thread about my troubles with noise in the front end and steering/suspension. Then found out that the sway bar links were being replaced and that was mainly the cause of problem. I guess because they had so many repairs.replace they updated the part. To my knowledge no recalls or tsb's on them yet. Once i know part no# or more i will post bue 05

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bue05's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bue05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bue05 is offline   Reply With Quote