SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Default Paint code

I stopped by a Saturn retailer this morning looking for some touch-up paint for my ION 3. My understanding was that the colour was called "Pacific Blue". I pulled the paint code from the trunk area, gave it to the parts guy and he came back saying it's called "Dragonfly Teal".

Okay... so what's the deal? If anyone here could confirm the code and the colour before I order a tube it would be appreciated. The colour code is 17E

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr weather is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
vintagegz
vintagegz is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: Paint code

paint codes will show on your SPID - service parts ID- label, they are usually the last 5 to 10 codes listed. Paint will be 2 numbers with an L or U after them, ie 17U or 17L, your E sounds more like an interior trim code.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vintagegz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vintagegz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vintagegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
b-rock
b-rock is on a distinguished road

Information Re: Paint code

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr weather
I stopped by a Saturn retailer this morning looking for some touch-up paint for my ION 3. My understanding was that the colour was called "Pacific Blue". I pulled the paint code from the trunk area, gave it to the parts guy and he came back saying it's called "Dragonfly Teal".

Okay... so what's the deal? If anyone here could confirm the code and the colour before I order a tube it would be appreciated. The colour code is 17E
If your vehicle is, in fact, Pacific Blue, then the code would be 91U. If it is Dragonfly Green, it is 17U. For touch up paint, I show Pacific Blue having a code of WA-815K. I cannot find the same code for Dragonfly, as it was discontinued for 2006.

I agree with vintage that the 17E is likely your interior code: for Grey Cloth.

Attached are photos of each so you can verify the color.

Hope that helps.

B
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dragonfly_Green.jpg (22.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Pacific_Blue.jpg (24.2 KB, 20 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to b-rock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help b-rock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
b-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
b-rock

Sorry...thought the filenames would appear. Dragonfly is on left, Pac Blue on right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help b-rock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:04 AM   #5
dacuda
dacuda is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan

so if I go into any automotive paint store that mixes paint, and ask for WA-815K it would be the same Pacific Blue as my car?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dacuda's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dacuda reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dacuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:38 AM   #6
b-rock

I had that as the touchup paint code in the order guide, so I think that would work for an aftermarket paint store. I think, if you gave them the regular paint code (GM/Saturn 91U), they could use that as well to match.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #7
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-rock
IFor touch up paint, I show Pacific Blue having a code of WA-815K. I cannot find the same code for Dragonfly, as it was discontinued for 2006.

I agree with vintage that the 17E is likely your interior code: for Grey Cloth.
Thanks for the info!

I looked again at the sticker in the spare tire well area and I found the following line at the bottom:

BSE/CLR WA-U815K 17E

I presume the "bse/clr" means basecoat/clearcoat type of paint. So the body colour is WA-U815K? Any significance to the "U" in there?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #8
vintagegz
vintagegz is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan

look at the 3 digit codes above that area, the WA numbers give the paint suppliers the paint mix formula for mixing a can of paint, you just want a touch up so see info above for what you are searching for

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vintagegz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vintagegz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vintagegz is offline   Reply With Quote