SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
NoDents
NoDents is on a distinguished road

Default 2001 L300 AC/Heat Fan Not Working

Hopefully someone can help me out on this one.

My AC/Heat Fan does not come on when I move the switch, but the AC light does come on and the AC gets cold when moving with the recirc off. The switch seems to be working, it's just not kicking the fan on. All fuses are good. Every once in awhile the fan will decide to kick on and work fine, but it has been very intermittent. Bad connection somewhere? I'm just trying to get an idea on what it is before I take it in.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NoDents's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NoDents reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NoDents is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
silverblueL200
Advanced Member
silverblueL200 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2001 L300 AC/Heat Fan Not Working

Just had the same problem, was pretty easy to fix.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61281

- 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster. -Stewie Griffin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverblueL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silverblueL200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #3
NoDents

Thanks for the info.

I took the panel off the underside of the dash and removed the plastic air duct from the passenger side. I can't reach, or see where the wires run to the fan. Do I need to remove the glove box?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help NoDents reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
silverblueL200
Advanced Member

I went in through the top, ubolt the windsheild wipers, pull that plastic shroud out & you will see the blower on top. 4 screws(I think) and the cover on the blower comes off. The blower motor will then just slide right out, the power connection is on the bottom side of the blower. Carefull that the power wire doesn't fall in.

- 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster. -Stewie Griffin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
NoDents

Thanks for the advice SilverBlue, but it must be something else. The connection was tight. The switch seems to work since it kicks on the ac when it's moved and the fan motor tested fine. Maybe it's the resistor as in tm2party's case. Can anyone tell me if that is an easy fix?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #6
silverblueL200
Advanced Member

I didn't think anything would happen if the resistor in the switch was shot, but I could be (and probabaly am) wrong. I ended up taking the entire blower motor apart last weekend and cleaning the the contacts inside up since the problem kept coming back. Been working okay since then...

- 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-25-2005, 09:04 AM   #7
NoDents

I took it into the shop yesterday, I had to have the control head unit replaced. (which is the the entire unit that houses the switches and knobs) Now it works like new again. It better for $250! Heading into winter I just couldn't afford to have it not work on an icy day.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!