SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #1
viper8588
viper8588 is on a distinguished road

1992 SC2
Default Where is the IAT Sensor?

I need to put a mod chip in my new saturn SC2, and it says I need to clip one of the two IAT wires and reinsert a wire w/ male and female connectors. Someone please help me to locate or describe to me where the IAT sensor is and which wires to cut! Also, looking for cool and cheap ways to customize it. If any suggestions, please tell. Thanx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to viper8588's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help viper8588 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
viper8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
WingsOfSaturn
WingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enoughWingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enough

1998 SL2
1995 SL2
Default Re: Where is the IAT Sensor?

Your IAT is a sensor located on the left(looking from the front) of your air cleaner box. Do a search of this forum on the famous IAT mod chip (ie .05 cent resistor).

"When you stop to fill up on oil, don't forget to check the gas"
98 SL2 MT 213K+ Daily Driver 38+ mpg
97 SL2 AT 150K Original Owner
95 SL2 MT 220K+
My Saturns have BRASS ones!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WingsOfSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WingsOfSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WingsOfSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:58 PM   #3
dansl2
Advanced Member
dansl2 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

I would begin by not installing that chip. I have yet to hear ANY positve feedback about those things. You should start by throwing on a cold air intake & a better breathing exhaust system. Those work for certain!

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dansl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dansl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dansl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:49 PM   #4
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8588
Also, looking for cool and cheap ways to customize it. If any suggestions, please tell. Thanx
Throw away thet mod chip. Its going to make the engine run even more rich that it already does. You'll be bogging down the engine with extra unburnt fuel and loosing performance, shorting the life of your O2 sensor and the cat.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:07 PM   #5
bennett9000
bennett9000 has a spectacular aura aboutbennett9000 has a spectacular aura about

Yep. The IAT sensor "mod" works on some cars, but not the Saturn. Sorry to say.

It may feel real good for a few miles, but your computer is going to BURY that thing, and like LowSaturn says, richen up that mix until the thing gets all loaded up on unburned fuel and you toast your catalytic converter.

-Andy

01 SL1 (2011-2014) 99 SW2 (2002-2009) 95 SL2 (1997-2002)
00 ROUSH Cougar V6 03 SVT Focus #2370 08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bennett9000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bennett9000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bennett9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:38 PM   #6
dansl2
Advanced Member
dansl2 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

Viper-Forgot, Welcome to the board!

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dansl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dansl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dansl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:41 AM   #7
Zorak
Zorak is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

agreed with above, that "chip" is a scam.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zorak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zorak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:28 AM   #8
WingsOfSaturn
WingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enoughWingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enough

1998 SL2
1995 SL2

Another "cool and cheap ways to customize" is with an upper stut bar. Does look neat and "seems" to add to your cornering capabilities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 33460064.JPG (67.1 KB, 76 views)

"When you stop to fill up on oil, don't forget to check the gas"
98 SL2 MT 213K+ Daily Driver 38+ mpg
97 SL2 AT 150K Original Owner
95 SL2 MT 220K+
My Saturns have BRASS ones!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WingsOfSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WingsOfSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WingsOfSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #9
twosaturns
Master Member
twosaturns will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I need to put a mod chip in my new saturn SC2, and it says I need to clip one of the two IAT wires and reinsert a wire w/ male and female connectors. Someone please help me to locate or describe to me where the IAT sensor is and which wires to cut! Also, looking for cool and cheap ways to customize it. If any suggestions, please tell. Thanx
DUDE! I've been reading your posts, and man, SLOW DOWN! I remember what it's like to be 17 (and I know LI- grew up in Farmingdale and cruised hemstead tpk and DPA back in the day) but please, I'm begging you, don't go throwing all kinds of crap from ebay onto your SC! the main thing you've got to worry about right now is checking your oil at every fillup! don't go messing with a nice car by putting fake upgrades on it! there is no saturn upgrade chip, plastic electric superchargers are fake garbage, and before you buy ANYTHING else, ask us 1st. we're here to help. and visit www.spswebpage.com. they are cool saturn guys who know which end is up. and www.evilplastic.com is great inspiration, and he'll give you opinions on what works and what doesn't. www.qksltwo.com is a necessity too. give love to your SC, don't abuse her.

for the first time in 8 years, I don't own a saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to twosaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help twosaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
twosaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:09 AM   #10
RatLabGuy
RatLabGuy is on a distinguished road

Hee hee, poor guy. Posts a silly question and gets practically biatch-slapped for it.
I like it!

With 200+ Billion electrical parts, the world most impressive machine resides insides you own skull.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RatLabGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RatLabGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RatLabGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #11
alleninpa
alleninpa will become famous soon enoughalleninpa will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XR
1999 SL1

Quote:
Keep in mind that saturn went to great lenghts to make a long lasting engine.
Speed and RPM limiters, rich burning, integrated chip, the works.
You really cant do much with it.
If you want to squeak more out, get a better exhaust. Leave the header, I believe it is not the cast one on your car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alleninpa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alleninpa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alleninpa is offline   Reply With Quote