SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2005, 05:54 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Idea 2007 Outlook Powertrain Options

From Inside Line:

Quote:
The first of the Lambda products, the all-new 2007 Saturn Outlook, reportedly will come equipped with either a 3.6-liter V6 or an updated version of the pushrod 5.3-liter V8, with GM's "Displacement on Demand" system installed to help boost EPA fuel economy, Inside Line has learned. GM also is considering whether to offer a hybrid gas-electric version of the Outlook and its sister models in 2008-'09.
Full Story

Enjoy,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2005, 06:51 AM   #2
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: 2007 Outlook Powertrain Options

I dont get it,with fuel prices now near $3.00 a gallon (latest figure as of 8/12 was $66.00 a barrel) how can the public even think of buying a V8 or large V6 engine in a new vehicle.I realize that some of the whealthy folks could care less how much a gallon of fuel cost, but most of those people are not driving Saturns.In New York you can have your pick any used Explorer,Jimmy,or other larger SUV you want. For Sale signs are everywhere on these vehicles.Sadly I dont think by October we are going to be back at $1.75 a gallon prices.Im concerned this thing is here to stay and 2007 dates for fuel saving vehicles seems just to far away for me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:32 AM   #3
Jammer
Advanced Member
Jammer is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
2003 ION-3 Sedan

A 6 speed auto? That is going to be interesting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jammer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jammer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:50 AM   #4
NSAP
NSAP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt
I dont get it,with fuel prices now near $3.00 a gallon (latest figure as of 8/12 was $66.00 a barrel) how can the public even think of buying a V8 or large V6 engine in a new vehicle.I realize that some of the whealthy folks could care less how much a gallon of fuel cost, but most of those people are not driving Saturns.In New York you can have your pick any used Explorer,Jimmy,or other larger SUV you want. For Sale signs are everywhere on these vehicles.Sadly I dont think by October we are going to be back at $1.75 a gallon prices.Im concerned this thing is here to stay and 2007 dates for fuel saving vehicles seems just to far away for me.
55% of the public has said that they are not changing anything due to high gas prices, only 17% said they would consider a more fuel-saving car. Most American's do not want to give up their SUV's and V8 power. (Saw those numbers on the news the other night).

Look at the sales numbers of the Chrysler 300C, Magnum, and Charger. Then tell me there isn't a market for V8-powered vehicles.

All of the crossovers are going to have a 6-speed automatic. That combined with DOD, VVT, and the two-mode hybrid system= very good gas mileage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NSAP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NSAP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NSAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:52 AM   #5
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

Walt, I could not have said it better. Yesterday, when gas went up to $2.55 for regular here in St. Louis, it was a shock, though I expect it to get much worse. Even with a 4 cylinder, I will need to limit how much I use my car. It seems that the age of big 8 cylinder engines is coming to an end, except for those who do not need to worry about gas prices.

NASP, I agree sales are good for now on some 8 cylinder models, but what will it be like by time the new Saturn comes out? What is it going to be like when we are paying $4 or $5 a gallon. I think some people will change there tune as far as needing a 8 cylinder.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #6
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

I can't believe that Chevrolet isn't getting a version of this vehicle! Among the GMC, Buick, & Saturn versions, which do you think will be the volume leader? I'm guessing that Saturn will sell more than GMC & Buick since Saturns tend to appeal to a broader spectrum of buyers compared with them. As far as offering the V8, I'm sure it will sell mostly to large families that also need a tow vehicle. The 3.6L V6 should satisfy a larger percentage of buyers just fine.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:00 AM   #7
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo
I can't believe that Chevrolet isn't getting a version of this vehicle! .
The Lambda architecture is also being used for new Mini Vans. I suspect Chevy willget the family mini van instead.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
haypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:26 AM   #8
banjo
banjo is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2

I don't think that the fuel prices will affect too many people that are able to buy a 30,000+ dollar vehicle. They might notice that funds are a little short here and there when they go out to eat and whatever else on top of the fuel cost but it's not like the people buying it don't have a little cushioning in their budget. It's a little bit different world to them than the college student barely able to make payments on a $5,000 car who doesn't have enough flexability to pay an extra $100 a month for fuel.

Bill

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to banjo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help banjo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #9
thegriffon
thegriffon is on a distinguished road

Take a look at the lineup - all these brands will command higher prices than a Chevrolet version will get. Chevrolet will instead get two versions of the Theta crossovers - both swb and lwb versions. The Equinox is not really much smaller than the Outlook, it just has fewer seats, and even the swb Theta can accommodate 7 seats if necessary.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thegriffon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thegriffon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thegriffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:34 AM   #10
thegriffon
thegriffon is on a distinguished road

Fuel economy of the 5.3 L V8, if it is offered, paired with the new GM-Ford 6-speed auto and DoD will be quite good, and the Outlook should capture a lot of sales from people moving from less-fuel-efficient SUVs anyway, particularly gas-guzzling Toyotas.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thegriffon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thegriffon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thegriffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:58 AM   #11
plane
plane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSAP
55% of the public has said that they are not changing anything due to high gas prices, only 17% said they would consider a more fuel-saving car. Most American's do not want to give up their SUV's and V8 power. (Saw those numbers on the news the other night).

Look at the sales numbers of the Chrysler 300C, Magnum, and Charger. Then tell me there isn't a market for V8-powered vehicles.

All of the crossovers are going to have a 6-speed automatic. That combined with DOD, VVT, and the two-mode hybrid system= very good gas mileage.
NSAP -
Junior Member?
Aren't you a system admin at another very famous GM website????
If so, where's the respect man?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plane's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plane reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:27 AM   #12
Jmmcool
Jmmcool is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

The 6-speed autos are nice, We Just got a New Chevy 2500 Duramax in last week, its got the 6-speed Allison, Shifts Soo smooth, better gas milage. fsat to lol. 310hp, 605ft. lbs torque stock on the 6.6 Diesel. better Miledge than the 5.3 and 6.0.

1993 SC-2
1987 Nissan Stanza
Yates Chevrolet Cadillac - Manistee, MI [url]http://www.yatesauto.com/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jmmcool's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jmmcool reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jmmcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:41 AM   #13
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo
I don't think that the fuel prices will affect too many people that are able to buy a 30,000+ dollar vehicle. They might notice that funds are a little short here and there when they go out to eat and whatever else on top of the fuel cost but it's not like the people buying it don't have a little cushioning in their budget. It's a little bit different world to them than the college student barely able to make payments on a $5,000 car who doesn't have enough flexability to pay an extra $100 a month for fuel.

Bill
The problem is it wont be additional $100.00 a month. Some of us live up north were it gets might cold during the winter.My last dump of home heating oil (while the prices were still in the high fifty dollar a barrel range ) was $2.39 a gallon.With the increase to $66.00 a barrel since then I expect to pay around $2.50 or so a gallon. A cold winter will require that 300 gallon tank to be filled about every month.I dont know about most other Saturn owners but I dont see this guy eating much anymore.Im glad right now my three Saturns are all four cylinders

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #14
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo
I can't believe that Chevrolet isn't getting a version of this vehicle! Among the GMC, Buick, & Saturn versions, which do you think will be the volume leader? I'm guessing that Saturn will sell more than GMC & Buick since Saturns tend to appeal to a broader spectrum of buyers compared with them. As far as offering the V8, I'm sure it will sell mostly to large families that also need a tow vehicle. The 3.6L V6 should satisfy a larger percentage of buyers just fine.
I was surprised that GM went with the LS4 over the Northstar, but figured either one would be the V8 engine of record.

The General needs to make sure the Buick/GMC versions of Lambda are as different as night and day, since they are in the same distribution channel (with Pontiac) and are likely to share showroom space.

My money is on Saturn being the Lambda crossover volume leader as well.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:18 PM   #15
1993SC2
Advanced Member
1993SC2 is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2
Roll Eyes Re: 2007 Outlook Powertrain Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt
This brings another question to mind, why did GM stop (slow down very much) the development of its supposedly upcoming RWD car platforms so it could update its truck/suvs quicker?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1993SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1993SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1993SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #16
NSAP
NSAP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993SC2
This brings another question to mind, why did GM stop (slow down very much) the development of its supposedly upcoming RWD car platforms so it could update its truck/suvs quicker?

Because GM's trucks and SUV's are the most profitable vehicles, and GM needs profits severly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NSAP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NSAP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NSAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #17
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegriffon
Take a look at the lineup - all these brands will command higher prices than a Chevrolet version will get. Chevrolet will instead get two versions of the Theta crossovers - both swb and lwb versions. The Equinox is not really much smaller than the Outlook, it just has fewer seats, and even the swb Theta can accommodate 7 seats if necessary.
Great to see you here!

Chevy will get a minivan on the Lambda, won't it. Will the engine be the OHV ones?

Last edited by haypops; 08-14-2005 at 11:24 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
haypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:44 PM   #18
spork
spork is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSAP
Because GM's trucks and SUV's are the most profitable vehicles, and GM needs profits severly.
That will hold true as long as those dopes keep buying them. $2.50 cent/gal gas might wise up a few of them.

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:56 PM   #19
Dave44
Dave44 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

shoot-- 2.50/gal? just went to 2.69 here in taxsconsin. just sold my guzzling 99 yukon and bought the vue. same miles per tank except now its 38 $ instead of 60 $ I think its going higher again soon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dave44's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dave44 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dave44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:43 AM   #20
AH-HA
AH-HA is on a distinguished road

Forget the 5.3L, these sophisticated new SUVs derserve and will get something better.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AH-HA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AH-HA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AH-HA is offline   Reply With Quote