SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #1
matt_duffy
matt_duffy is on a distinguished road

Default Help: Changing oil on 1998 saturn sl2

Decided to step up and use a synthetic oil, but how many quarts should I use? I have a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1, and when I filled it up with the old oil there was only 3 quarts? I had it changed exactly 3,000 miles ago.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to matt_duffy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help matt_duffy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
matt_duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Help: Changing oil on 1998 saturn sl2

Saturns take roughly 4 quarts with a filter change. Your SL2 may be leaking/burning a little bit of oil, thats why its a quart low. From now on, check your oil level every time you get gas, dont want it running too low and causing problems down the line.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
JerryHughes
Master Member
JerryHughes has a spectacular aura aboutJerryHughes has a spectacular aura aboutJerryHughes has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL
Default Re: Help: Changing oil on 1998 saturn sl2

Yes, I wondered about this with my 97 SL. It seems that even though the dipstick would read close to the full mark, I wouldn't get four quarts back when changing the oil (even when changing the filter). And when filling up with new oil, it seems it didn't take the full four quarts to look full on the dipstick either. But I watch the dipstick closely, waiting for the oil to reach the bottom and recheck a half hour later. Keep the oil full but don't over fill.

Jerry

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JerryHughes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JerryHughes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JerryHughes is offline   Reply With Quote