SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > How-To Library
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #21
duckmanco
duckmanco is on a distinguished road

Default Re: "S" Series RKE Remote and Option Programing

hey all, hate to ask this seemingly simple question, but my 99s2's ignition writing has worn off.... which position is on and off? It seems to be a 3 position ignition, and my alarm is going nuts, and I'm trying to get to the disabled setting at 11 times cycled. Any help is appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to duckmanco's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help duckmanco reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
duckmanco is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #22
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

The key has four positions - in order, going clockwise:

OFF - you can insert and remove the key

ACC - Accessories such as the Radio are powered. No power to the ignition, HVAC, power windows, etc.

RUN - Ignition, fuel pump, HVAC, power windows, etc. are powered. Engine runs with the key in this position (PCM I fuse is energized).

START - operates the starter. Keeps the ignition powered, but de-energizes the radio, HVAC, etc. circuits. "Momentary" position; the key springs back to RUN when you release it from this position.

If you don't detect these positions distinctly, or if the key comes out in any position except OFF, or if the key-in chime contiues to ring after turning the key to OFF and removing it, the lock cylinder is probably worn. A new key (NOT a "copy", but one newly cut based on the key-code) sometimes helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
Mgg4591
Mgg4591 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

I'm trying to program a brand new remote for my car but I'm having problems. It jump pins 4 and 8 and the horn chirps 4 times, but the locks don't cycle and the trunk doesn't pop. I continued with holding the lock and unlock buttons on the remote but nothing happens. Not sure what's wrong...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mgg4591's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mgg4591 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mgg4591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #24
Mgg4591

1999 SL2

Does anyone know how much a dealer would charge to program a remote?

2002 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4, 94,500 miles
2007 Toyota Camry 2.4, 29,600 miles
1999 Saturn SL2 1.9, 93,700 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Mgg4591 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgg4591 View Post
Does anyone know how much a dealer would charge to program a remote?
Bewtween $0 and a one hour labor charge. Labor rate depends on location.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #26
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

The wired power locks work normally? All four doors from both door switches?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #27
Mgg4591

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
The wired power locks work normally? All four doors from both door switches?
yea they work with no problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #28
madpogue

1996 SW2

Most likely suspect, then, is the RKE module itself. Pull the trim panel next to the back seat, see if the module is plugged in properly. One member many years ago got a surprise when he pulled the panel and the module wasn't there! It had fallen into the floor well under the right side back seat, in a bit of water.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #29
Mgg4591

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Most likely suspect, then, is the RKE module itself. Pull the trim panel next to the back seat, see if the module is plugged in properly. One member many years ago got a surprise when he pulled the panel and the module wasn't there! It had fallen into the floor well under the right side back seat, in a bit of water.
I haven't taken a look at the module yet, but i think i may have found the issue. The remote i bought is FCCID:L2C0005T. My old remote was FCCID:AB01502T.

Whats the difference between the two if the remote is the issue?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #30
Mgg4591

1999 SL2

I got the new remote today and I still cannot program it. The RKE was working with no problems before I lost the remote. Do you think it's because my car is a 1999? It was built in June 1999 so I don't know if maybe the car is running the 2000-2002 security system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #31
Mgg4591

1999 SL2

I checked the module and everything is connected fine. Is there a way to reset the system before I program the replacement remote? When I jump terminals 4 and 8 the horn honks four times but the door locks and trunk do nothing. I tested the remote at one of those RKE test stands in Autozone and it is working.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #32
MikalCarbine
MikalCarbine is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Tutorial looks good! I just purchased a used 97 SL2 and my RKE is really beat up and tape is holding it together. Where would the best place to buy a replacement to be?

Current: 1997 SL2 auto @ 117k
Sold: 1997 SL2 auto @ 150k
Sold: 1998 SL1 5spd @ 138k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikalCarbine's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikalCarbine reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikalCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:59 AM   #33
keithreed
keithreed is on a distinguished road

dunno how this works

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to keithreed's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help keithreed reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
keithreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #34
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Happy Re: "S" Series RKE Remote and Option Programing

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithreed View Post
dunno how this works
Try looking at this thread:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho....php?p=1739113

As of Oct 2017
∙ 2002 SL1 128K
∙ 2004 VUE 120K
∙ 2007 ION3 108K
Past
∙ 1993 SL2 212K
∙ 1993 SC2 140K
∙ 1996 SC2 157K
∙ 1996 SC2 126K
∙ 2001 SC2, 145K
∙ 2002 L200 20K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David 93 SL2m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David 93 SL2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #35
Jyounya
Jyounya is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

I followed the steps. The trunk, panic, and lock buttons work, but the unlock button doesn't. Am I missing something?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jyounya's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jyounya reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jyounya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #36
madpogue

1996 SW2

Do the doors unlock from the switches on the doors? If not, there's a separate UNLOCK relay in the interior fuse panel; that'd be the thing to test/replace. If so, then it's probably the button on the fob itself. Pop it open and clean the contact area on the chip with some alcohol, and the same with the rubber membrane. UNLOCK is the most likely thing to fail by wear, since it's the most used button.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #37
tgparker2013
tgparker2013 is on a distinguished road

1997 SW1
1992 SL2

Somehow I think that I shorted the RKE & security system. I was trying to reprogram the RKE and I accidentally brushed the paperclip against one of the other pinson the OBDII port and shorted something. The RKE transmitter, and power locks don't work and the car won't start. Everything else with the car seems to be working. lights, radio, etc...

I remember there was a way to jumper the ins in the OBD2 port and the Check Engine Light would flash the code. Which pins should I jumper? Is there any way to test and see what's damaged via the OBD2 port??

I'm hoping that whatever I shorted was fused. I don't have a Saturn '97 SW1 fuse diagram & can't seem to locate which fuse protects the RKE or car security system or rke. AS per you video I reoved the saturn back seat and side panels and I can see the RKE unit. Is there a fuse there that protects the RKE. Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tgparker2013's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tgparker2013 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tgparker2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #38
madpogue

1996 SW2

The fuse diagram is in the owner's manual. There's also a rather cryptic version on the inside of each fuse box cover. But start with the CHIME and/or BODY fuses.

Turn on the headlights and open the door. Does the chime ring?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #39
rmayeur
rmayeur is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm looking for information for my 2007 Saturn Vue, all factory equipment. This morning at 4 am someone set off my car alarm (2nd time). Now my interior lights above the rear view window will not go off and the power locks will not engage/disengage when I take the car out of park or open the doors. When I hit the lock button now it locks and beeps at the same time.

I've closed all doors, one at a time to make sure they were properly closed--no change. I've put my ignition key, on accessory, and held down the lock button the fob for 10 seconds (heard a quite locking sound) but nothing changed (that was from an OnStar "tech"). Nada.

I am going to try and uninstall/reinstall the fuses for these electrical areas to see if that works.

I believe you posted remote redo instructions for pre 2000 Vues, do not know the remote instructions for 2007 Vues or where I can find these instructions?

I'd greatly appreciate any information out there for my 2007 Saturn Vue alarm problems. Thanks a bunch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rmayeur's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rmayeur reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rmayeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #40
Consultant
Consultant is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

I recently purchased two replacement remotes for a 1996 Saturn SL2 (the originals would only work intermittently- and yes, battery and contacts checked)

New remotes are GM 16245100-29 - FCC ABO1502T (the FCC number is the same as the originals) and oddly - can program either one or the other to the car, but not both.

Followed the instructions exactly, several times - the second one to be programmed will not program as it is supposed to do (within one minute of the first).

Any suggestions as to why this is?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Consultant's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Consultant reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Consultant is offline   Reply With Quote