SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
tezza1
tezza1 is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 Saturn Outlook

Does anyone know if this model is based on the Opel Zafira? Any word if this vehicle will offer seating for 7? Trying to figure out is this vehicle is going to be more like an SUV or a smaller version of the Relay...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tezza1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tezza1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tezza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2005, 12:01 AM   #2
Privix
Privix is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default Re: 2007 Saturn Outlook

I think that it is based of the Opel Zafaria. I know I read that somewhere, but cant remember where. Anyway, is should seat 7 and will be more like a BIG SUV for Saturn... Then, again I could be wrong...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Privix's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Privix reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Privix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

No.....The Outlook is not based on the Opel Zafira, or ANY existing platform. It's built on the Lambda platform, which is completely new for GM.

It's going to be a midsize suv w/ three rows of seats (i.e. Honda Pilot). The Zafira is a completely different kind of vehicle. It'd going to slot above the Vue, and will compete with the Honda Pilot, Chrysler Pacifica, Toyota Highlander, Subaru B9 Tribeca, Buick Rendezvous, etc.

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KrgION03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:10 AM   #4
Privix

1999 SL2

See I knew I was wrong... For a minute I thought you were talking about Half-Life there.... But, Lambda is correct...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Privix reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:16 AM   #5
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

...and the name sounds like a joint venture between Saturn and Microsoft. lol

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:35 AM   #6
Privix

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueGuy

I'm just waiting to see if Microsoft put in a name infringment lawsuit next.... lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-03-2005, 08:39 AM   #7
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
The car would die often and Roadside assistance would just tell you to shut it down and restart it. If that doesn't work, they'll blame it on your aftermarket accessories and tell you to call their tech support.

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #8
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

based on my experience with m$, I'd be afraid to drive a vehicle with the name Outlook. it may crash unexpectedly

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #9
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privix
I'm just waiting to see if Microsoft put in a name infringment lawsuit next.... lol
It's only copyright infringement if the two products are similar, and I don't think an 8 passenger crossover SUV can be confused with a computer program. Saturn has had the Outlook name copyrighted for more than a year and MicroSoft hasn't done anything yet. I don't see a problem and after the whole deal with the Beretta, I bet GM's lawyers spoke with MicroSoft before they (GM) chose the name.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:24 AM   #10
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Outlook sounds like a Subaru. To much like the Outback. I can see people saying "Like you Outback". No one knows what model my L is and it has no labels. Even some people who own the LS1 call it the SL1. when my shop ordered brake parts the sent ones for the SL not the LS.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ricksLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #11
AH-HA
AH-HA is on a distinguished road

Zafira?!?! Forget Zafira, that's puny compared to Outlook. Outlook is all-new and will be the first Lambda-based model to arrive in showrooms. Take a look at the specs of the Buick Centieme concept for a good idea of the size.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AH-HA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AH-HA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AH-HA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #12
saturn_69
Master Member

Here's the Buick Centieme:

rear

and the front

interior

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #13
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

I'll say it before people start freaking out thinking the Outlook will look like that:

That is a Buick concept and NOT what the Outlook will look like.

I know some people have a hard time realizing that some concept cars are purposely flashy and do not represent production models at all.

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:24 PM   #14
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerb
I'll say it before people start freaking out thinking the Outlook will look like that:

That is a Buick concept and NOT what the Outlook will look like.

I know some people have a hard time realizing that some concept cars are purposely flashy and do not represent production models at all.
No way! The Saturn is gonna look just like that, it'll just have the Saturn badges taped (silver duct tape, mind you) right over the Buick badges!!!
Yeah, I should have said that, I just figured everyone else wouldn't jump to conclusions....oh what the heck was I thinking? hehehe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #15
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69
Here's the Buick Centieme:

interior

Is is just me...or Even though this is a concept vehicle and not yet in production...why does it look like GM is trying to do the whole 1960s interior styling in a 21st century vehicle....

That doesn't make very much sense to me...but then again it IS GM we are talking about here....

I don't like this interior, and for that matter any vehicle that looks like it is still in 1965 (take a look at some of the newer Cobalts, Monte Carlos, and Malibus made in the past 3-5 years...those back brake lights look like they were taken directly from a 65 Impala)...

As for the Mustang... that thing looks like it was assembled by a 2nd grade class...I can hear it now..

Teacher: "Now today class, I want you to look at all of the different Ford Mustangs...now create a "New Mustang" that combines all of the previous models into ONE car!"

Class: "Here is our new design teacher....it is a mix of a 1965 Mustang, along with a 1970s Mach 1, and the body styling from the 1990s, plus a few extras added on from the cars in the 1980s....doesn't it look great?"

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #16
edisonline
edisonline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privix
I think that it is based of the Opel Zafaria. I know I read that somewhere, but cant remember where. Anyway, is should seat 7 and will be more like a BIG SUV for Saturn... Then, again I could be wrong...
Here's a picture of the Opel Zafira off from the Opel website:
http://www.opel.com/home.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Opel Zafira.jpg (77.4 KB, 30 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to edisonline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help edisonline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
edisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #17
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT
Is is just me...or Even though this is a concept vehicle and not yet in production...why does it look like GM is trying to do the whole 1960s interior styling in a 21st century vehicle....

That doesn't make very much sense to me...but then again it IS GM we are talking about here....

I don't like this interior, and for that matter any vehicle that looks like it is still in 1965 (take a look at some of the newer Cobalts, Monte Carlos, and Malibus made in the past 3-5 years...those back brake lights look like they were taken directly from a 65 Impala)...

As for the Mustang... that thing looks like it was assembled by a 2nd grade class...I can hear it now..

Teacher: "Now today class, I want you to look at all of the different Ford Mustangs...now create a "New Mustang" that combines all of the previous models into ONE car!"

Class: "Here is our new design teacher....it is a mix of a 1965 Mustang, along with a 1970s Mach 1, and the body styling from the 1990s, plus a few extras added on from the cars in the 1980s....doesn't it look great?"
Teacher: You incompetent fools! You didn't include the Mustang II. There's no Pinto styling elements in your design.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hiddenlites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:26 AM   #18
Privix

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69
It's only copyright infringement if the two products are similar, and I don't think an 8 passenger crossover SUV can be confused with a computer program. Saturn has had the Outlook name copyrighted for more than a year and MicroSoft hasn't done anything yet. I don't see a problem and after the whole deal with the Beretta, I bet GM's lawyers spoke with MicroSoft before they (GM) chose the name.

I'm sure of that, but then again we are talking about Microsoft. The same company that patent or try to patent the word "windows" or "window" This is the same company the either did or did not try to patent apple trees in the state of Washington too. However, its all relative though. It will be interesting to see what happens.... .......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-04-2005, 01:38 AM   #19
kilcher
Advanced Member
kilcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT
It sells.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kilcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kilcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kilcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:41 AM   #20
Elsongs
Elsongs is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:

That's okay, I'm a musician and play keyboards...There's a music synthesizer called the ION (yes they refer to it in all caps too) by a company company called Alesis:

http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=9

I've often wondered about buying the other ION and transporting my ION to a gig in my ION...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Elsongs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Elsongs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Elsongs is offline   Reply With Quote