SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Default TCC Spy Shots of Saturn Lambda Crossover

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enth...178.A8960.html

The Car Connection alleges that this is the new Saturn SUV Lambda based crossover vehicle that may replace the VUE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: TCC Spy Shots of Saturn Lambda Crossover

There was a pic of a potential Opel crossover somewhere a while ago that seems to resemble this a bit at the front. I like the way the back looks so far--and it looks like there are rear parking sensors there. Not crazy over the rims. The interior is rumored to look great.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Looking good. Saturn should have a pretty amazing line-up by next fall.

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KrgION03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:34 AM   #4
angrysote
angrysote is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe
1993 SL2

is this one going to be made in mexico as well as the others
any updates on the news about saturns going to mexico,
is it really true???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to angrysote's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help angrysote reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
angrysote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:41 AM   #5
myoung
Advanced Member
myoung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrysote
is this one going to be made in mexico as well as the others
any updates on the news about saturns going to mexico,
is it really true???
can you not read? let me paste the first line of the article: The folks in Delta Township, Michigan, will be glad to see this: The first vehicle to come out of the new Delta Township plant.

Unless michigan has been captured by mexico...

Car looks sharp, not a big SUV fan though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to myoung's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help myoung reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:05 AM   #6
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2

I don't think that is the VUE replacement. It looks much bigger. That may be the Outlook.

I can remember when the 2nd gen SL2 came out - one of the major car mags thought it was the new Cutlass Calais.

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Arnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:59 AM   #7
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

VUE REPLACEMENT? Since when is the VUE being replaced?I thought the larger size suv was going to be added to the line up .GM better rethink the strategy with fuel prices reaching near $300 a gallon in New York.The last thing we need here is a big truck with a V8 engine.Whille Ford and Toyota are building hybirds Saturn is building V8s.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:08 AM   #8
04Vuesilver
Advanced Member
04Vuesilver is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Walt, that does sound fishy to me too. Hard to imagine a Saturn not built with fuel economy in mind.

On the other hand, it is hard to see what it looks like, but I think it has a pretty aggressive looking front end under all that cladding. And yes, it does look bigger than a Vue. Kinda like the wheels too

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04Vuesilver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04Vuesilver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04Vuesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:11 AM   #9
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Seriously people, why would the VUE get replaced? It's Saturn's only cash-cow at the moment. And this new SUV is on Lamda, as we knew it would be all along and isn't suitable as a VUE replacement. ION, VUE, RELAY, SKY, Outlook(?), AURA, that is Saturn in the coming years. I would suspect the Lamda will get the 3.6L V6 as a base engine, since a V8 won't be offered until the second model year, as is rumored in that article. I would also expect that V6 to be offered as the base for the model and have a DOHC V8 as an uplevel/RedLine(?). My hope would be a Northstar 4.6L V8 as an uplevel and then a Northstart 4.4L Supercharged V8 as a RedLine. I'm all speculation though.

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:24 AM   #10
kilcher
Advanced Member
kilcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1
Seriously people, why would the VUE get replaced? It's Saturn's only cash-cow at the moment.
We are talking about GM/Saturn here. Most of their decisions defy logic.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kilcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kilcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kilcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:56 AM   #11
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt
VUE REPLACEMENT? Since when is the VUE being replaced?I thought the larger size suv was going to be added to the line up...
I doubt Saturn will replace the VUE with the new Lambda crossover. It's more likely the next VUE will be built on the longer Equinox / Torrent version of Theta. Especially since the VUE nameplate has value in the marketplace. The Lambda will be a nice V6 / V8 compliment to the VUE's I4 / V6 entry, don't you think? My bet is that the VUE has another 4 years in it's current design offering.

From what I can see in the spyshots, the overall shape is athletic & sporty. 2006 is going to be a very exciting year for Saturn fans & retailers!

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:13 AM   #12
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Vuesilver
On the other hand, it is hard to see what it looks like, but I think it has a pretty aggressive looking front end under all that cladding. And yes, it does look bigger than a Vue. Kinda like the wheels too
Looks like a damn Dodge grille to me.
Doesn't interest me in the least bit. GM should be setting trends. (fuel efficient SUV's) not copying the competition's lame styling. (grille).

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:28 AM   #13
sps SOHC
Master Member
sps SOHC is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle bik
Doesn't interest me in the least bit. GM should be setting trends. (fuel efficient SUV's) not copying the competition's lame styling. (grille).
EXACTLY what I was thinking! First time I saw the picture I was like.... are they sure that isn't a Dodge? But then the rest of the car kinda showed VUE-like styling.

-96 SC2 gets 35 mpg mix city/hw.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sps SOHC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sps SOHC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sps SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:29 AM   #14
scotted73
Advanced Member
scotted73 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle bik

Look closer...the camoflauge is intended to give it a different look. The cutouts in the camo do give it a Durango look. But upon closer inspection, you can see the new "face" as represented in the Aura and Sky.

Without a side to side comparison with a current VUE and without knowing the available powerplants, it is too early to jump to conclusions about the intentions of this vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotted73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotted73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotted73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:55 AM   #15
04AWDV6VUE
04AWDV6VUE is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I can't wait to see the real thing. I don't think the VUE will be replaced, it has gained a solid reputation in the market. Upon closer inspection, the VUE only has 5 lug nuts per wheel and this Saturn-Lambda-Vehicle has six lug nuts per wheel.

The way the back end comes down flat, kind of reminds me of the VUE. 2006 is going to be an awesome year for Saturn. I am thinking it is going to be like Cadillac is right now, in terms of exciting product and exposure.

'04 AWD V6 VUE - For Sale!
'00 SC2 (Former)

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=845871#post845871

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04AWDV6VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04AWDV6VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04AWDV6VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:02 AM   #16
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

The article is (probably) incorrect. This is the new, larger SUV that is planned in addition to the VUE and will not replace it. The VUE is to RAV4 and CR-V as the Outlook is to the Highlander and Pilot.

Note that this is a preproduction test car. There is no need to quibble over little details such as the rims and grill, especially when it is camoflauged to fool and confuse us.

I do like the look on the driver's face, though! Reminds me of the driver of a spied Lincoln who flipped off the photographer. The caption in the magazine said, "And he thought that would prevent us from publishing the photo."

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:16 AM   #17
Jeff03Vue
Jeff03Vue is on a distinguished road

I could see slightly bigger, just enough for another seat.

BUT IMO Saturn doesnt need a Surburban of their own.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jeff03Vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jeff03Vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jeff03Vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #18
97_Saturn_SL2
97_Saturn_SL2 is on a distinguished road

It is not replacing the VUE. Gotta love it when an article gets something wrong and starts an buzz based on mis-information.

The Lambda vehicles are bigger than the Theta vehicles. That is the first Lambda I've seen (the only ones I have seen in person were heavily disguised, cobbled together mules). I've seen an early version of the new Vue, too. These are two separate vehicles. The Lambdas are for bigger-than-Vue "crossover" wagons/suvs. Think Chrysler Pacifica, Acura MDX, stuff like that.

Too early to tell with all that camo on there, but I like the overall shape so far. Based on what I've seen in the GMT900s (the new Tahoe and Escalade), I'm sure the interiors will be awesome on the Lambdas.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 97_Saturn_SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 97_Saturn_SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
97_Saturn_SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:12 AM   #19
lizardking009
lizardking009 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt
GM better rethink the strategy with fuel prices reaching near $300 a gallon in New York.The last thing we need here is a big truck with a V8 engine.Whille Ford and Toyota are building hybirds Saturn is building V8s.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

This is like the early 1980s all over again - promoting gas guzzlers in times of high gas prices. I'd rather see a 4 cylinder minivan along the lines of the Mazda5. GM has those 170hp Ecotec 4 cylinder engines.

Last edited by lizardking009; 07-25-2005 at 09:19 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lizardking009's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lizardking009 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lizardking009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:41 AM   #20
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Saturn_SL2
It is not replacing the VUE. Gotta love it when an article gets something wrong and starts an buzz based on mis-information.

The Lambda vehicles are bigger than the Theta vehicles. That is the first Lambda I've seen (the only ones I have seen in person were heavily disguised, cobbled together mules). I've seen an early version of the new Vue, too. These are two separate vehicles. The Lambdas are for bigger-than-Vue "crossover" wagons/suvs. Think Chrysler Pacifica, Acura MDX, stuff like that.
That's what I was going to say. These Lambda vehicles are NOT full size SUVs, they are supposed to be competitors for the Pacifica and Ford Freestyle. Considering neither of those offer a V8 either the only reason I'd expect to see a V8 in these is in a high-level model, since GM is working on something to get even more power out of the currently 240-ish HP 3.6 V6 that is in Cadillacs and Buicks and possibly the Aura. I'd bet that if a V8 were offered it would have cylinder deactivation. And when a Corvette and GTO gets mileage close to what an Equinox gets who says all V8s are gas guzzlers? Heck, why are we even talking about V8s here? I couldn't find any mention of "V8" in the article. Why do people have to assume the worst?

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote